• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
The Old Hack

Story Wednesday February 13, 2019

Grace may be a little familiar with magic, but who is so used to magic that their first reaction to a see-through, vaguely-human shape that talks isn't "Ghost!" ?  Sam, with practically no knowledge of weird things, is even more  to react badly....

Just now, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

My early thought for "Smoky the Intruder"?

Voltaire.

Then I saw Dan's commentary.

Why do I think that this could be worse than Voltaire's return?

Just now, Tom Sewell said:

Follow the link Dan put in his comments: It's Camdin, Luke's smokey friend. I'm guessing his backstory is that he followed Grace the super-chick.

Dan's stated on both twitter and Reddit that this is very odd, I dunno if he's trying to throw us off by suggesting that this isn't Camdin, or simply suggesting this isn't normal Camdin behavior. Last we saw Camdin though, he seemed obsessed with finding out the "real" reason he was marked and believed that Grace was Cheerleadra or at least another "super powered chick" who'd know what the deal is, it's possible that Voltaire's behind this, the question is, is Camdin some new gullible person that Voltaire found after the "magic change", or is Camdin a remnant of Plan CM that was late to the party?

I can sadly see Camdin eavesdropping and depending on how much he's already heard, he might believe he can get even more info by way of blackmailing them, especially by using Sam's desire to not come out as fuel, and Camdin has the advantage of knowing who Grace is and even though he's wrong about her being Cheerleadra, him going around telling people she has super powers would still be problematic for her, and Sam won't want him telling everyone he's trans either, Grace and I'm assuming Sam has never met Camdin, so the only things that would foil Camdin's plan would be if he mentions Luke (or Luke comes to Grace and tells her) or if Camdin fully forms and Grace is able to get a good "look" at him to be able to shapeshift into an approximate copy to show Edward.

Depending on how this goes, Sam might be making a visit to the Verres house after all.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

if Camdin fully forms and Grace is able to get a good "look" at him

If Camdin doesn't fully form soon he's likely to see something like this form. Grace doesn't seem to be scared like Sam in the last panel, but Grace is concerned about Sam by now and would try to protect him if she saw Smokey Camdin as a threat.

If Grace believes Camdin knows they both can transform, I think at the least she'll bring out her antennae.

Just now, Tom Sewell said:

If Camdin doesn't fully form soon he's likely to see something like this form. Grace doesn't seem to be scared like Sam in the last panel, but Grace is concerned about Sam by now and would try to protect him if she saw Smokey Camdin as a threat.

If Grace believes Camdin knows they both can transform, I think at the least she'll bring out her antennae.

I'm not even certain that Grace would be able to do anything to Camdin while he's a smokey form, if anything, Camdin could just poof into a cloud to avoid any attempts to punch or restrain. Her antennae might not be of use either if a cloud form isn't affected by her telekinesis. If he does fully form, her antennae would help her get a read on his appearance which, as I said, would help her shapeshift into a close enough copy which she could then show Edward and he could look him up and deal with him personally.

Heck I imagine Camdin's ability is also the kind of thing that would get someone strongarmed into the FBI's paranormal division.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

I imagine Camdin's ability is also the kind of thing that would get someone strongarmed into the FBI's paranormal division.

Maybe it might have in the 1970s.
But most government work enforces No Smoking rules now.

So, when we were worried someone will see Grace transformed, noone was there, but now, when we didn't expected anyone, someone eavesdropped ...

15 hours ago, Stature said:

Panels 3-5 could describe ANY fanatic.

... this comics has just 4 panels ...

15 hours ago, Haylo said:

Grace may be a little familiar with magic, but who is so used to magic that their first reaction to a see-through, vaguely-human shape that talks isn't "Ghost!" ?  Sam, with practically no knowledge of weird things, is even more  to react badly....

If we limit ourselves just to EGS, then Pandora before reset, Voltaire, Heka, probably Adrian, Arthur Arthur, Edward and agent Wolf ... and Nanase's guardian form senses would likely inform her he's alive.

But yes, Grace, especially without antennae out, is probably going to assume ghost.

8 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
9 hours ago, Scotty said:

if Camdin fully forms and Grace is able to get a good "look" at him

I don't think Grace would be trying to hide she can transform when faced with something she perceives as magical threat.

So yes, she's likely to show some transformation. Of course, Camdin likely eavesdropped long enough to hear she has magic, so it wouldn't exactly tell him anything new ...

6 hours ago, Scotty said:

I'm not even certain that Grace would be able to do anything to Camdin while he's a smokey form, if anything, Camdin could just poof into a cloud to avoid any attempts to punch or restrain. Her antennae might not be of use either if a cloud form isn't affected by her telekinesis.

Probably. But she's likely to try.

5 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:
6 hours ago, Scotty said:

I imagine Camdin's ability is also the kind of thing that would get someone strongarmed into the FBI's paranormal division.

Maybe it might have in the 1970s.
But most government work enforces No Smoking rules now.

I would assume Camdin would be more useful after some training. The question is how many similar magic users they already have.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

I would assume Camdin would be more useful after some training. The question is how many similar magic users they already have.

It's not a question of whether they already have someone that has a similar spell, remember Pandora warned Sarah that telling Edward might lead to the FBI wanting her to work for them, and Cranium is the closest one to having a similar ability. It's likely they'd want to get Camdin into their system before someone else did or before Camdin uses his ability for criminal activities.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

It's not a question of whether they already have someone that has a similar spell, remember Pandora warned Sarah that telling Edward might lead to the FBI wanting her to work for them, and Cranium is the closest one to having a similar ability. It's likely they'd want to get Camdin into their system before someone else did or before Camdin uses his ability for criminal activities.

Sarah's ability is more useful/dangerous because it's harder to protect against. If they have enough people with similar or better ability than Camdin, they might just visit him and warn him they keep eye on him, without particularly insisting on hiring him.

Just now, hkmaly said:

Sarah's ability is more useful/dangerous because it's harder to protect against. If they have enough people with similar or better ability than Camdin, they might just visit him and warn him they keep eye on him, without particularly insisting on hiring him.

Problem with Sarah's ability is that even if she can get an accurate look at something, she can't take it with her. Camdin can sneak in through the ventilation system or something, grab something of value (within reasonable size I assume, something he can put him his pockets) and sneak out.

19 hours ago, Stature said:

Panels 3-5 could describe ANY fanatic.

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... this comics has just 4 panels …

Apparently you aren't receiving the Executive Edition...

Or are you one of those who insist that the things I see, that other people don't see, can not be real.

56 minutes ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Problem with Sarah's ability is that even if she can get an accurate look at something, she can't take it with her.

She can take information just fine. Information locked in airtight containers. And NOONE WILL NOTICE.

Extremely useful for espionage.

56 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Camdin can sneak in through the ventilation system or something, grab something of value (within reasonable size I assume, something he can put him his pockets) and sneak out.

Only if he actually can turn into his mist form something "of value". Even if for some weird reason (*cough* PG-13 *cough*) he can transform including clothes, it may not work on stuff in pockets.

Just now, hkmaly said:

She can take information just fine. Information locked in airtight containers. And NOONE WILL NOTICE.

There's still the problem of maintaining accuracy, unless she knows how to open locked containers without affecting the contents, there's a chance that anything she expects to see will not be what's actually in them.

I agree that Grace may transform if she feels the need to protect her new friend.  Now that she's got a bit of training under her belt, hopefully she'll think quickly enough to just tell Sam to get behind her at first, and save any dramatic Omega-form for responding to actual hostile action.

If she does bring out her antennae, I suspect Camdin will think she's Noah's hero identity instead of Cheerleadra.

8 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... this comics has just 4 panels ...

5 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Apparently you aren't receiving the Executive Edition...

Or are you one of those who insist that the things I see, that other people don't see, can not be real.

It IS the Executive Edition. It just went up in smoke.

21 hours ago, Scotty said:
21 hours ago, hkmaly said:

There's still the problem of maintaining accuracy, unless she knows how to open locked containers without affecting the contents, there's a chance that anything she expects to see will not be what's actually in them.

Based on what Pandora described, smashing the container would produce more accurate result than wishing it to disappear - that suggests there ARE ways how to maintain reasonable accuracy. Also, the risk of seeing what she expects is lower if she don't know what she expects.

21 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

I agree that Grace may transform if she feels the need to protect her new friend.  Now that she's got a bit of training under her belt, hopefully she'll think quickly enough to just tell Sam to get behind her at first, and save any dramatic Omega-form for responding to actual hostile action.

Or, like, at least tell Sam to get behind her first and transforming second, so Sam would at least run in correct direction :)

21 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

If she does bring out her antennae, I suspect Camdin will think she's Noah's hero identity instead of Cheerleadra.

Actually the other way around. Camdin knows Noah's hero identity but not his secret one, so he could think Grace is it.

Well, at least it would mean he would get the species correctly :)