• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Story Friday February 15, 2019

"Smoke" definitely reminds me of Freakazoid here, with his wide-eyed expression and super enthusiasm.

Also, extra man points to Sam for trying to protect a friend.

Camdin's a jerk, putting his eagerness to get more information about magic and butting in on a private conversation, Grace can easily just say its none of him damn business what they can transform into, and can even claim the unfairness of being asked to show anything without knowing Camdin's actual identity first.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

Camdin's a jerk, putting his eagerness to get more information about magic and butting in on a private conversation, Grace can easily just say its none of him damn business what they can transform into, and can even claim the unfairness of being asked to show anything without knowing Camdin's actual identity first.

Second!

Are there any objections?

Will the chair allow this motion to pass through acclamation?

19 hours ago, ijuin said:

"Smoke" definitely reminds me of Freakazoid here, with his wide-eyed expression and super enthusiasm.

... and he doesn't match Camdin's behaviour so much ... and is not scary enough to warrant Grace shapeshifting.

19 hours ago, ijuin said:

Also, extra man points to Sam for trying to protect a friend.

Is protecting women still considered positive? I though feminists are radically against that idea ...

... and in this case it would be definitely counterproductive, although Sam doesn't know that.

14 hours ago, Scotty said:

and can even claim the unfairness of being asked to show anything without knowing Camdin's actual identity first.

What? Why? Like, interrupting private conversation, especially in manner which makes obvious he was eavesdropping, is definitely rude, but I fail to see the angle in which it would be unfair to do that specifically transformed. Unless you would consider Sam transforming into girl to be showing Camdin (IF it's Camdin) his actual identity, which ... well ... it sort of is but not really.

Technically, BOTH Grace and Sam are transformed, but Camdin doesn't know that and likely assumes this is their "normal" form.

11 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Will the chair allow this motion to pass through acclamation?

... I suppose if some piece of furniture doesn't allow this motion we can move it. Unless it's too heavy. :)

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

What? Why? Like, interrupting private conversation, especially in manner which makes obvious he was eavesdropping, is definitely rude, but I fail to see the angle in which it would be unfair to do that specifically transformed. Unless you would consider Sam transforming into girl to be showing Camdin (IF it's Camdin) his actual identity, which ... well ... it sort of is but not really.

It's basically, why should Grace and Sam comply with Camdin's request when they don't even know him at all, he's sticking his nose in their business and acting like it's his business to know, for one that just not how it works, you wouldn't tell a complete stranger your life story if they rang your doorbell and demanded you tell them, there's a level of trust and Camdin's giving no reason for Grace and Sam to trust him with anything further.

9 hours ago, Scotty said:

It's basically, why should Grace and Sam comply with Camdin's request when they don't even know him at all, he's sticking his nose in their business and acting like it's his business to know, for one that just not how it works, you wouldn't tell a complete stranger your life story if they rang your doorbell and demanded you tell them, there's a level of trust and Camdin's giving no reason for Grace and Sam to trust him with anything further.

But even if he would transform to human it wouldn't change anything. So they would know how he looks - but they still wouldn't know HIM. His look or his name won't tell them anything useful.

Showing him transformation isn't exactly telling him your life story - ... wait, actually, in Sam's case it sort of is. Although if he was paying attention he should already know it.

Anyway. They have no reason to show him any transformation except if his puppy eyes convince them. BUT on the other hand it's not about trust. It's more like if you talk about some card trick and some stranger starts demanding you should show him. It's rude and you have no reason to do it, but you don't show him any secret. He's transformed to smoke, showing him transformations are possible won't really show him anything new AND showing him won't reveal more than just telling him.

Unless they plan to pretend there were talking about computer game or something. Which is unlikely to work ... because they already shown that transformations (namely, him being in smoke form) are not as surprising to them as they should.

Grace: "I'll tell you one thing about my transformations. If there is only one person alive who can physically harm you while you're in that form, it's probably me. Now either start being polite and respectful, or leave."