• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
The Old Hack

Story Monday February 18, 2019

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

So, what's it to be? Tiny squirrel? Sleepy-time squirrel-girl? Something with talons, horns, and three tails? Probably one of the first two if Grace doesn't want to ruin her clothes.

I don't  think she wants to reveal her shade-tail "superhero identity", and Smoke mentioned werewolves, so I guess it's going to be a canid form

2 minutes ago, detrius said:

I don't  think she wants to reveal her shade-tail "superhero identity", and Smoke mentioned werewolves, so I guess it's going to be a canid form

I think somewhere in canon Grace says that as a squirrel she's at least a little afraid of dogs. Come to think of it, has there ever been a dog in EGS? I kind of think Dan is a cat person.

Just now, Tom Sewell said:

So, what's it to be? Tiny squirrel? Sleepy-time squirrel-girl? Something with talons, horns, and three tails? Probably one of the first two if Grace doesn't want to ruin her clothes.

Just now, ijuin said:

Given that Grace is regarding Smoke as somewhat threatening, I think she will take a form meant to intimidate, such as she did with Adrian.

At first I thought maybe she figured out Camdin's form, her thought bubbles made it seem like she was analyzing him, but I honestly don't think she can see what his actual form is from that.

My best guess after I went to bed was that based on her "a werewolf sorta thing, kind of" statement suggests that she'll go Half Squirrel and what would make it amusing is if she called out to any nearby animals and ask them to chase Camdin away, because it's been a while since we've seen her communicate with animals.

51 minutes ago, Scotty said:

At first I thought maybe she figured out Camdin's form, her thought bubbles made it seem like she was analyzing him, but I honestly don't think she can see what his actual form is from that.

Grace noticed that Smoke's pitch went up and down as he spoke. This could help her identify Camdin in his (relatively) normal form. (Normally abnormal?)

Perhaps a multi part transformation?

First into squirrel form to slip out of her clothes without destroying them.

Then into the Omega form.  Because despite knowing that it is wrong, we all like to see the rude and stupid jerks of the world get so scared once in a while that they run home to mommy.

9 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Because despite knowing that it is wrong, we all like to see the rude and stupid jerks of the world get so scared once in a while that they run home to mommy.

You mean like that mugger at the mall?

Just now, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Perhaps a multi part transformation?

First into squirrel form to slip out of her clothes without destroying them.

Then into the Omega form.  Because despite knowing that it is wrong, we all like to see the rude and stupid jerks of the world get so scared once in a while that they run home to mommy.

Grace can resize her clothes to fit now, not sure if that would prevent shredding if she were to use the Jeremy form though, but Omega form might be doable with clothes on still.

40 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Doesn't the Omega form include Jeremy Spines?

That's what I was thinking.

At least one of the Omega forms does.

Just now, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Omega I'm pretty certain is the form Grace used to fight Damien, yeah, there's spines on the tails, but judging by her dream, the spines are probably not from the Jeremy form or the legion form used against the goo.

Omega form might also apply to the non-spikey "Shade Tail" form as well, the spines not actually adding to her power.

5 hours ago, mlooney said:
6 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

At least one of the Omega forms does.

5 hours ago, Scotty said:

Omega I'm pretty certain is the form Grace used to fight Damien, yeah, there's spines on the tails, but judging by her dream, the spines are probably not from the Jeremy form or the legion form used against the goo.

Omega form might also apply to the non-spikey "Shade Tail" form as well, the spines not actually adding to her power.

I think mlooney is right, omega is not single specific form.

13 hours ago, detrius said:

I don't  think she wants to reveal her shade-tail "superhero identity"

Anything squirrel-related is going to be dangerously similar to her "superhero identity", so I would say if she's going squirrel she should go omega.

But yes, she definitely has lot of other forms, like catgirl one. And I'm sure that while she usually used catgirl for relaxation, she should be able to make it scary enough as well.

She definitely seem to get longer teeth in last image ...

20 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

I feel tempted to ask Dan what he has been smoking, but...

Either Dan is smoking Smokey Robinson over there, or his smoke IS Smokey Robinson.

So, Cam-Dan? :demonicduck: 

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Well, this seems to be the first instance of the term "Three Tailed Omega Squirrel" in referring to Grace's 3 tailed form, so it would in fact apply to either spiky or not spiky, and last link has a reference link to the previous link that's labeled "RARGH ANGRY OMEGA GRACE". I don't think Grace has any other 3 tailed squirrel form.

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

If it wasn't for her hair looking rougher, I'd just assume Dan was using the fang as part of her expression since it's not uncommon for him to do so, and Catalina is clearly not in a cat form nor able to use one at that point in the link I gave.

But since the hair is getting out of place there, it seems likely she's already started morphing.

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:
2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Yeah, canines. "Dey chust vant to zee a leedle dranzvormay-zhun…"

Ye gods, now I'm picturing Grace transforming into a Jägerkin.  I really shouldn't go back and forth between webcomics like this.

Why not? Also, I'm sure Grace WOULD be able to do that if Tedd would read Girl Genius ...

20 minutes ago, Scotty said:
5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Well, this seems to be the first instance of the term "Three Tailed Omega Squirrel" in referring to Grace's 3 tailed form, so it would in fact apply to either spiky or not spiky, and last link has a reference link to the previous link that's labeled "RARGH ANGRY OMEGA GRACE". I don't think Grace has any other 3 tailed squirrel form.

Mix and match. Only way Grace doesn't have any other 3 tailed squirrel form is if any three tailed form is automatically omega. Which may be true.

22 minutes ago, Scotty said:
5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

If it wasn't for her hair looking rougher, I'd just assume Dan was using the fang as part of her expression since it's not uncommon for him to do so, and Catalina is clearly not in a cat form nor able to use one at that point in the link I gave.

But since the hair is getting out of place there, it seems likely she's already started morphing.

That, and Dan tries to AVOID situations where it's not clear if something is artistics licence and not really happening. Meaning, Catalina could've used the fangs as part of expression BECAUSE she's wasn't able to do it in reality at that point.

12 hours ago, Scotty said:

From what I remember of Dan's explanations, you have it right.

Grace's Omega form is a combination of human, uryuom, squirrel, and lespuko. It can manifest with or without horns & spines depending on Grace's mood but presumably isn't any less powerful without them (just less likely to cause lacerations, puncture wounds, etc.). It's not considered a legion form because it's only combining forms she was born with (and in fact Dan has implied if not outright stated that she had the ability to assume the form her entire life, she just never realized she could until Painted Black).

(Fun fact: The term "Omega" was going to be a term signifying a being's most powerful "natural" form or something like that; however it only ever got used for the Goo and Grace.)

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Mix and match. Only way Grace doesn't have any other 3 tailed squirrel form is if any three tailed form is automatically omega. Which may be true.

By the original definition, it would only count as Omega if it included her lespuko side but not any forms she gained through the TFG or other artificial means.

19 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

(Fun fact: The term "Omega" was going to be a term signifying a being's most powerful "natural" form or something like that; however it only ever got used for the Goo and Grace.)

Not that we have that many beings with multiple natural forms :)

19 hours ago, ChronosCat said:
20 hours ago, hkmaly said:

By the original definition, it would only count as Omega if it included her lespuko side but not any forms she gained through the TFG or other artificial means.

In that case, she can do 3 tailed form which wouldn't be omega simply by adding Jeremy's spines.