• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
ChronosCat

Sketchbook Tuesday Feb 26, 2019 - Silly Kitties Catalina and Elliot

3 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Very cute, though not as shipping-fuel heavy as I expected from the poll.

It's funny that BOTH can do much better cat than just fake cat ears.

So two who have actual feline transformations available to them find it to be more fun pretending to be cats?

That may not be as unexpected as one might think at first.

How many Boy Bands had more fun than actual singers and musicians?

How many Reality Show performers had more fun than actual actors?

8 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

So two who have actual feline transformations available to them find it to be more fun pretending to be cats?

There's the element of being able to act like cats in public, magical transformation would draw unwanted attention.

And yes, Elliot is currently transformed, but there's nothing odd about a blonde teen girl in a costume/party shop, it's also possible the shop clerk has seen this sort of behavior before, it's become more of an annoyance to her.

8 hours ago, Scotty said:
20 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

There's the element of being able to act like cats in public, magical transformation would draw unwanted attention.

And yes, Elliot is currently transformed, but there's nothing odd about a blonde teen girl in a costume/party shop, it's also possible the shop clerk has seen this sort of behavior before, it's become more of an annoyance to her.

Not just public: it's possible they don't know about EACH OTHER being able to transform to cats. Although I wonder if Catalina don't let it slip by mistake soon ...

Just now, hkmaly said:

Not just public: it's possible they don't know about EACH OTHER being able to transform to cats. Although I wonder if Catalina don't let it slip by mistake soon ...

Unless Catalina doesn't even realize that she's with Elliot at this moment, I would be inclined to believe that her and Elliot have shared what each of them can do.

Elliot: "I can turn into a girl with what ever appearance I imagine"

Catalina: "Well it wouldn't be surprising at all to know I can turn into a catgirl"

Elliot: "Oh I can turn into a catboy as well, I should see if I can turn into a catgirl now."

Catalina: "i'd hold off on that while we're out in public, didn't go well the first time I became one"

Elliot: "Ahh, well how but I just go female then?"

Catalina: "Purrfect"

46 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Unless Catalina doesn't even realize that she's with Elliot at this moment, I would be inclined to believe that her and Elliot have shared what each of them can do.

... good point. If Elliot told Catalina it's him, why wouldn't Catalina told him she can transform to cat?

46 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Elliot: "I can turn into a girl with what ever appearance I imagine"

Catalina: "Well it wouldn't be surprising at all to know I can turn into a catgirl"

Elliot: "Oh I can turn into a catboy as well, I should see if I can turn into a catgirl now."

Catalina: "i'd hold off on that while we're out in public, didn't go well the first time I became one"

Elliot: "Ahh, well how but I just go female then?"

Catalina: "Purrfect"

Yes, that's possible: that they told each other only recently and didn't left the "public" since then.

Personally I think Elliot wouldn't really suggest transforming to catboy in public (stick in the mud, remember?) but that doesn't mean Catalina can't misinterpret what he said ...

3 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Personally I think Elliot wouldn't really suggest transforming to catboy in public (stick in the mud, remember?) but that doesn't mean Catalina can't misinterpret what he said ...

I'm not really sure stick in the mud applies anymore, I mean he did transform in public during his first date with Ashley, although that experience would certainly make him cautious about it and might limit himself to simple forms like his standard form we see here, rather than something like Mall Girl that turned a few heads.

10 minutes ago, Scotty said:
19 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I'm not really sure stick in the mud applies anymore, I mean he did transform in public during his first date with Ashley

Ashley is making him more spontaneous. But unless she's near the scene ...

(Similarly, Elliot is changing how Susan behaves.)

11 minutes ago, Scotty said:

although that experience would certainly make him cautious about it and might limit himself to simple forms like his standard form we see here, rather than something like Mall Girl that turned a few heads.

He would probably be careful about transforming to Mall Girl as that is someone suspected to be Cheerleadra, but I don't think he NOTICED Mall Girl turned few heads.

1 minute ago, Scotty said:
11 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

(Similarly, Elliot is changing how Susan behaves.)

I think Justin has helped in that department as well.

Justin have long-term effect. Elliot specifically changes how Susan behaves JUST WHEN NEAR.

1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

Elliot specifically changes how Susan behaves JUST WHEN NEAR.

Well. Elliot and another girl, remember, Susan likes to watch. ;)

55 minutes ago, Scotty said:
57 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Elliot specifically changes how Susan behaves JUST WHEN NEAR.

Well. Elliot and another girl, remember, Susan likes to watch. ;)

She's weirdly cheerful when with Elliot, even without any other girl around.

Just now, hkmaly said:

Hmmmm ... but not when Ellen was around, probably ... I would say that she's like that more often with Elliot, but I don't have any more non-on-camera examples ...

Have we seen Ellen and Susan together since Grace's birthday? Aside from when her and Nanase told Susan about Diane that is. It's possible she was basing her statement mostly on Elliot's memories of Susan up to Grace's birthday and so seeing Susan on the review show would be a completely different view.

Um, Elliot had known Susan for only a day or two before using the Dewitchery Diamond to split into Ellen and Elliot, so that means that there are almost no memories of Susan for Ellen to have inherited from Elliot.

7 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Um, Elliot had known Susan for only a day or two before using the Dewitchery Diamond to split into Ellen and Elliot, so that means that there are almost no memories of Susan for Ellen to have inherited from Elliot.

Do we know that for sure? Tedd obviously knew her long before this moment, sure they weren't friends at the time, but I can't believe that Tedd and Sarah would know Susan and Elliot not have met her at all before that moment and not just be acting like it was the first time meeting due to having to pretend to be a different person.

14 hours ago, Scotty said:
20 hours ago, ijuin said:

Do we know that for sure? Tedd obviously knew her long before this moment, sure they weren't friends at the time, but I can't believe that Tedd and Sarah would know Susan and Elliot not have met her at all before that moment and not just be acting like it was the first time meeting due to having to pretend to be a different person.

Tedd knows her as HAMMER QUEEN. That's not exactly close personal knowledge. I don't think Susan had ANY male friends before the comics.

21 hours ago, Scotty said:

Have we seen Ellen and Susan together since Grace's birthday?

We didn't ... however, that doesn't mean they never met.

21 hours ago, Scotty said:

It's possible she was basing her statement mostly on Elliot's memories of Susan up to Grace's birthday

I would assume her own knowledge from spending night in her house would be more than what Elliot remembers since before Grace's birthday ...

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Tedd knows her as HAMMER QUEEN. That's not exactly close personal knowledge. I don't think Susan had ANY male friends before the comics.

There's also the way Susan and Tedd look at each other when they sit at lunch for the first time, there's a vibe that they've crossed paths numerous times to know of each other's existence, Sarah being friends with Susan for years, as well as being friends with Elliot and Tedd for years would certainly have helped, so it wouldn't be as if they were complete strangers before the events of Sister.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I would assume her own knowledge from spending night in her house would be more than what Elliot remembers since before Grace's birthday ...

I was meaning that she'd be comparing Elliot's memories, with what she's seen of Susan during the night out and Grace's birthday, that all would show Ellen one side of Susan, and then the review show would show a completely different side of her.