• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

NP, Wednesday February 27, 2019

http://egscomics.com/egsnp/nanasecraft-56

On 2/26/2019 at 10:53 AM, Scotty said:

As with many things, there are beneficial and malevolent applications depending on people's intentions with them. The scales could be fun for parties or sexytimes, but in the wrong hands someone could use it to steal another person's identity, as we saw earlier, tipping the scales one way made Sarah look like Nanase(not exactly because other factors were in play but you get the idea).

I think I can give myself a cookie.

And yep, that's Ashley in a nutshell.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
On 2/26/2019 at 4:53 PM, Scotty said:

As with many things, there are beneficial and malevolent applications depending on people's intentions with them. The scales could be fun for parties or sexytimes, but in the wrong hands someone could use it to steal another person's identity, as we saw earlier, tipping the scales one way made Sarah look like Nanase(not exactly because other factors were in play but you get the idea).

I think I can give myself a cookie.

Actually, seems Ashley's concern was not stealing someone's identity, but using them for overcoming obstacles. But whatever, it's your cookie.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

And yep, that's Ashley in a nutshell.

The only reason she didn't created artifact like this is she don't have the power. Yet.

(Actually, she probably can't create artifacts. Tedd, on the other hand ...)

There was lot of clearly gratuitous moment in this story. However, I wouldn't say it was full of them as I think there would be place for few more. :)

1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

Actually, seems Ashley's concern was not stealing someone's identity, but using them for overcoming obstacles. But whatever, it's your cookie.

Stealing identities would be one example of how the scales could be misused, the puzzle was a vetting process to determine if the scales would be in good hands.

In good hands at a party, playing with the scales could be like playing Twister (which Nanase did say she was going to teach Sarah how to play later).

In evil hands, it'd be like someone spiked the punch, or something.

24 minutes ago, Scotty said:

the puzzle was a vetting process to determine if the scales would be in good hands.

She JUST said it was also about understanding HOW the scales could be misused.

20 minutes ago, Scotty said:

In evil hands, it'd be like someone spiked the punch, or something.

... hmmm ...

In 1965, Tom Lehrer said:

I do have a cause, though, it is obscenity.

I'm for it!

Thank you. Unfortunately, the civil liberties types who are
Fighting this issue have to fight it, owing to the nature
Of the laws, as a matter of freedom of speech and stifling
Of free expression and so on.

But we know what's really involved:

Dirty books are fun!

That's all there is to it. But you can't Get up in a court and say that, I suppose.
It's simply a matter of freedom of pleasure, a right which is not guaranteed by
The Constitution

Fifty years later and a being of magical power still can not admit that publicly.

23 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

That's all there is to it. But you can't Get up in a court and say that, I suppose.
It's simply a matter of freedom of pleasure, a right which is not guaranteed by
The Constitution

Fifty years later and a being of magical power still can not admit that publicly.

We may be getting closer :)