• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Sewell

Story Friday, March 1, 2018

17 hours ago, Scotty said:

Didn't we speculate that a freshly reset Pandora might decide to become Sarah's roommate in University?

That was my idea (I'm sure I'm not the only one).  It was Pandora's college-student-doing-a-psychology-project that made me want to see more of that version of her. :-)

15 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Well my position always was that even if Pandora would spend lot of time hanging with Sarah in University (which, granted, seems quite likely), it wouldn't be because she would officially be her roommate and fellow student.

She might arrange to be an official roommate, yet not spend all her time in that guise.  More of a roommate on paper.  It would get Sarah some extra privacy, if it's like my university was with all frosh required to live in the dorms and a typical dorm room housing two students.  Extra privacy that would allow for regular visits and lessons, wand-waving, and such.

Just now, CritterKeeper said:

She might arrange to be an official roommate, yet not spend all her time in that guise.  More of a roommate on paper.  It would get Sarah some extra privacy, if it's like my university was with all frosh required to live in the dorms and a typical dorm room housing two students.  Extra privacy that would allow for regular visits and lessons, wand-waving, and such.

Hmm, that's an idea, who do we all think will end up being roommates.

Best case scenario would be the "Saved by the Bell: The College years" route and they all get a shared co-ed dorm where the guys have one bunk room and the girls have another and a common room between them. Of course the ratio of guys to girls is a bit lopsided, more so if Elliot continues the routine of transforming for bed and of course Tedd would have prime girl time as well.

If they have to be paired like in "Dumbing of Age"...that might be tricky if there are strict rules that prevent sharing rooms with members of the opposite sex.

8 minutes ago, Scotty said:

If they have to be paired...that might be tricky if there are strict rules that prevent sharing rooms with members of the opposite sex.

My sister was assigned to a double with another girl.  Her roommate had a boyfriend, who had a single.  So, one swap later, my sister had a single for the price of a double, and the happy couple was, well, happy.

Just now, CritterKeeper said:

My sister was assigned to a double with another girl.  Her roommate had a boyfriend, who had a single.  So, one swap later, my sister had a single for the price of a double, and the happy couple was, well, happy.

Did they have to stay hush hush about it and make sure none of the faculty found out?

23 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Did they have to stay hush hush about it and make sure none of the faculty found out?

I think it was pretty much an open secret.  Whoever would have had to take action deliberately didn't know.  If someone had complained, I suppose they might have had to make them switch back.  The dorm was a special interest one, specifically for the science fiction club, so I'm pretty sure they had more autonomy that a regular dorm would have, although not as much as a frat house.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:
3 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Hmm, that's an idea, who do we all think will end up being roommates.

Best case scenario would be the "Saved by the Bell: The College years" route and they all get a shared co-ed dorm where the guys have one bunk room and the girls have another and a common room between them. Of course the ratio of guys to girls is a bit lopsided, more so if Elliot continues the routine of transforming for bed and of course Tedd would have prime girl time as well.

If they have to be paired like in "Dumbing of Age"...that might be tricky if there are strict rules that prevent sharing rooms with members of the opposite sex.

The most dangerous option would be if some of them would be paired with someone not in the know. However, I would assume this would be perceived dangerous enough for DGB for someone to make sure it didn't happen.

... otherwise, I immediately though about Tedd subscribing to college as girl and getting all-girl room with Grace. She CAN be always girl when entering the dorm without any problems ... and still be boy in classes, if necessary.

However, I consider more likely they will have something similar as Rhoda. Like, it would be precedent.

2 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:
2 hours ago, Scotty said:

I think it was pretty much an open secret.  Whoever would have had to take action deliberately didn't know.  If someone had complained, I suppose they might have had to make them switch back.  The dorm was a special interest one, specifically for the science fiction club, so I'm pretty sure they had more autonomy that a regular dorm would have, although not as much as a frat house.

I would be surprised if it would be ONLY such case.

Just now, hkmaly said:

The most dangerous option would be if some of them would be paired with someone not in the know. However, I would assume this would be perceived dangerous enough for DGB for someone to make sure it didn't happen.

Yeah, though I'm not sure if DGB would really bother, if they really do want to keep the secrecy going for as long as possible, they'd be more inclined to have the main eight go to a private school specifically for magically gifted individuals (no, not Hogwarts....) rather than go to a public university in Moperville.  Edward however might be able to pull some strings.

13 minutes ago, Scotty said:
19 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Yeah, though I'm not sure if DGB would really bother, if they really do want to keep the secrecy going for as long as possible, they'd be more inclined to have the main eight go to a private school specifically for magically gifted individuals (no, not Hogwarts....) rather than go to a public university in Moperville.  Edward however might be able to pull some strings.

There may not BE a private school specifically for magically gifted individuals. The number of such people was not so big until recently ...

... also, it sounds more like The Xavier Institute for Higher Learning than Hogwarts.

And, while Edward doing it makes sense, I wouldn't be surprised if Arthur did that for Tedd and Ashley ...

On 3/6/2019 at 1:50 PM, CritterKeeper said:

On 3/6/2019 at 2:07 PM, Scotty said:

One definition of "chaperone", courtesy of Heinlein if I recall correctly, is a person who makes sure that no unauthorized sexual activity is detected.

5 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:
On 3/6/2019 at 9:50 PM, CritterKeeper said:

On 3/6/2019 at 10:07 PM, Scotty said:

One definition of "chaperone", courtesy of Heinlein if I recall correctly, is a person who makes sure that no unauthorized sexual activity is detected.

I suppose if that happy couple would be so happy whole faculty could hear it, someone WOULD do something.