• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Sketchbook Thursday March 7, 2019 (So Very Even)

Overall, I like this one.  Great expression on Lucy, varied and well-drawn body positions, especially the hands, and I can kinda see how Rhoda's sitting on the armrest between them could bring their heads to the same level (although her legs really don't look like that sort of position).

My one major gripe is their, ah, endowments.  As I've made clear before, when I see a sketchbook with characters we know and love, I want it to actually be them, not some other body, unless the transformation is an active part of the image/situation.  Part of Lucy and Diane's friendship was Diane's support of Lucy when she was feeling embarassed about getting big breasts as a teen.  Diane is an almost-twin of Susan, and Susan is described as lanky and thin, and unlike Nanase her magic isn't going into her cup size, so it makes more sense for her to have smaller breasts.  Not flat-chested, but not exactly saggy-big either.  And most of the time the art corresponds with that, even more recent art.  Compare Susan's figure to Cheerleadra's here, or Diane's to Charlotte's to Nanase and Ellen's here.

Diane is far too well-endowed here, while Lucy isn't big enough.  If you wanted big boobs, why not put them on the girl who got an extra helping extra-early?  Sure, you could excuse it by saying they're transformed, but why?

So, I like this one, a lot, but not 100%. :-)

1 hour ago, Stature said:

Also Catalina taking this pic or anything?

I hope so.

So very first kiss.

Who's? I would expect Rhoda kissed Catalina before, and Diane probably lot of boys (although it's debatable if she counts that ... it probably wasn't THIS good kiss).

37 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Overall, I like this one.  Great expression on Lucy, varied and well-drawn body positions, especially the hands, and I can kinda see how Rhoda's sitting on the armrest between them could bring their heads to the same level (although her legs really don't look like that sort of position).

She resized them to make the level exactly match.

38 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Diane is far too well-endowed here, while Lucy isn't big enough.  If you wanted big boobs, why not put them on the girl who got an extra helping extra-early?  Sure, you could excuse it by saying they're transformed, but why?

... We KNOW they are transformed. This is continuation of previous sketchbook. The clothes also matches. ... doesn't explain why she made Diane looking like having bigger boobs than Lucy, although on previous Patreon Dan directly stated that it just look they're bigger due to the top.

Personally, my problem with this is that Catalina is missing. Unless she's behind camera, I would really expect she would be there, because Rhoda loves HER, not Lucy (although she MAY love Diane a bit). Her last canon reaction suggested she wouldn't even TRY to get between those two.

I don't think Lucy and Diane have changed in appearance compare to the last sketchbook, so what was Rhoda doing that had Dan suggesting she wasn't done yet?

My guess is she put a heightened attraction spell on Diane and Lucy and that's how they ended up in their current position.  Is it canon that Rhoda has such a spell? No evidence of it yet, but it might be something she could end up getting, right?

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:
7 hours ago, Stature said:

Also Catalina taking this pic or anything?

I hope so.

Word of Dan is Catalina is fully aware of and fine with this.

This might be a case of Catalina and Rhoda allowing each other to live their fantasy, maybe Catalina is doing something steamy with Susan?

19 minutes ago, Scotty said:

maybe Catalina is doing something steamy with Susan?

Actually, Catalina technically might have already done so, as there are the patreon milestones of Catalina stretching in front of Susan and playing with Susan as a shrunken catgirl.

Though it might also be possible that Catalina's fantasy was having fun with girl Elliot (because kissing boy Elliot would make her wonder if Elliot's a better kisser as a girl) and the costume shop shenanigans were only the beginning

11 hours ago, Scotty said:

I don't think Lucy and Diane have changed in appearance compare to the last sketchbook, so what was Rhoda doing that had Dan suggesting she wasn't done yet?

In the previous image, Susan's pants still looked like very short shorts; now they look like bikini bottoms. It's hard to tell with her sitting in that position, but I think Lucy's skirt might be shorter too.

Also, it might just have been the perspective, but I'm not sure all three of them were quite at the same height yet in the previous picture; presumably they all are the same height here.

16 hours ago, ijuin said:

The three of them only taking up two seats, even with their popcorn beside them, really shows how petite they are at the moment.

... right. No way would cinema have seats so comfortable for people with normal size. Which also means that they probably don't see the screen anyway, so really, they are there JUST for making out.

My guess is she put a heightened attraction spell on Diane and Lucy and that's how they ended up in their current position.  Is it canon that Rhoda has such a spell? No evidence of it yet, but it might be something she could end up getting, right?

Even if she didn't had the spell in canon ... yes, this does seem like heightened attraction.

13 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

In the previous image, Susan's pants still looked like very short shorts; now they look like bikini bottoms. It's hard to tell with her sitting in that position, but I think Lucy's skirt might be shorter too.

Also, it might just have been the perspective, but I'm not sure all three of them were quite at the same height yet in the previous picture; presumably they all are the same height here.

Although this seems true as well.

8 hours ago, Scotty said:

Wasn't that one Rhoda transformed to look like Susan?

... although that might still count.

8 hours ago, Scotty said:

Though it might also be possible that Catalina's fantasy was having fun with girl Elliot (because kissing boy Elliot would make her wonder if Elliot's a better kisser as a girl) and the costume shop shenanigans were only the beginning

Or that.

Or, well ... you know, all that stretching in front of Susan was just preparations which later made her agree to "date" with both Elliot and Catalina.

(Wait ... where was Ashley when - oh, right, behind camera. Someone needs to take those photos, and it makes sense they take turns.)

36 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Wasn't that one Rhoda transformed to look like Susan?

There was an alternate colour variant where Susan had Rhoda's skin tone and hair colour and the description alluded to the possibility it might be Rhoda transformed.

So it's probably whatever people's headcanon wants it to be.

38 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

(Wait ... where was Ashley when - oh, right, behind camera. Someone needs to take those photos, and it makes sense they take turns.)

Heck, Ashley could be with Susan during that, or maybe with Grace, if the shipping web allows it, right? ;)

3 hours ago, Scotty said:
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Heck, Ashley could be with Susan during that, or maybe with Grace, if the shipping web allows it, right? ;)

I don't think Susan would want to be with Ashley without Elliot. (Now, WITH Elliot, that's something else ...)

But Grace is valid option. She's shipped with everyone. Well, everyone her generation, shipping her with Adrian Raven would be creepy (although, to be fair, Diane's mother age relative to Raven's was almost as big difference ... but I would say that for purpose of shipping, Raven counts as 40 forever, allowing him to date women from 27+).

(Meanwhile, shipping Grace with Grace is ok.)

7 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... right. No way would cinema have seats so comfortable for people with normal size. Which also means that they probably don't see the screen anyway, so really, they are there JUST for making out.

I don't know about where you live, but where I've been to theaters, the seats resemble economy class airline seats. The only way you could fit three adults side by side in two seats with room to spare is if they were noticeably smaller than average.

On 3/7/2019 at 1:57 PM, hkmaly said:

Who's?

Rhoda and Diane kissing each other (non-can as it may be).

The simple things.

2 hours ago, ijuin said:
9 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I don't know about where you live, but where I've been to theaters, the seats resemble economy class airline seats. The only way you could fit three adults side by side in two seats with room to spare is if they were noticeably smaller than average.

I'm not visiting cinemas so often (and was never in airplane) so I didn't realize it immediately, but as far as I remember it's same here.

On 3/7/2019 at 6:57 AM, hkmaly said:

Who's?

Rhoda and Diane kissing each other (non-can as it may be).

Oh, the combination. That might be first.

9 hours ago, ijuin said:

All the theaters around here have arm-rests between the seats. I think some of the arm rests might  fold up, but not in such a way that someone could sit half on one seat and half on the other comfortably (particularly as there's a gap between seats under the arm-rests).

Theaters here have pretty nice seats, there's even a couple of theaters with every seat a recliner with a tray you can swing over to enjoy a meal while watching the movie.  They'll deliver to your seat during the movie, but that's annoying to everyone trying to watch that they have to walk in front of to get to you.  There are some regular theaters that have a few double-wide seats, often next to the gaps for wheelchairs and scooters.

I wonder less about Cat being fine with this than Lucy being fine with this, given all the effort she poured into being jealous of Rhoda.  I guess now that she knows that Diane's going home with her?

Just now, WR...S said:

I wonder less about Cat being fine with this than Lucy being fine with this, given all the effort she poured into being jealous of Rhoda.  I guess now that she knows that Diane's going home with her?

It might also be the fact that now that they all know each of them likes girls, the fun can begin. ;)

6 hours ago, WR...S said:

It's possible she got less jealous after first date with Diane.

Also, note that we don't see where's Lucy's left arm.

On 3/9/2019 at 11:40 AM, WR...S said:

Given that this is a non-canon scenario, we can't assume these versions of the characters have the same history as the ones we know. (In fact, in one comment on Patreon, Dan implied that Rhoda and Catalina might not even be together in this scenario.)