• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
hkmaly

Q&A Monday, Mar 18, 2019

http://egscomics.com/comic/qa8-04

Ok, this is at least something about magic, although it is something Dan already said somewhere (not in comics).

I'm surprised the fact if the shrinking "tastes spicy" doesn't make a difference. Although, sweet or spicy, I suppose as long as it defies square cube law the height of voice has nothing to do with physics.

... uuuhh, how would shrinking Elliot less make easier to hide anything objectionable?

We can assume that girl-Elliot's default form's voice sounds basically like Ellen's voice to the same degree as any pair of identical twins. This does raise the question though of how much Elliot's voice changes across different forms when Elliot is not making any attempt at a specific voice (aside from the Cheerleadra and Secret Identity forms, which have their own pre-sets).

8 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... uuuhh, how would shrinking Elliot less make easier to hide anything objectionable?

I believe Dan's point was that if Elliot were less shrunk it would be more clear that everything was hidden. Of course it seems pretty clear to me as it is; to make it uncertain what parts of him are visible to the viewer I need to shrink the comic so much I can't make out the text either, so I'm not sure why Dan was concerned about it here.

7 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

I believe Dan's point was that if Elliot were less shrunk it would be more clear that everything was hidden. Of course it seems pretty clear to me as it is; to make it uncertain what parts of him are visible to the viewer I need to shrink the comic so much I can't make out the text either, so I'm not sure why Dan was concerned about it here.

Less shrunk probably would have meant Dan could do something like this.

17 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

So a rampaging fifty foot tall Grace would have a voice in what range?

Depends on how she would be transformed ... wait, so far only one who can do such size difference is Rhoda right?

The only human we have met who can do such size differences is Rhoda. Tedd might be able to reverse-engineer her spells or something, and we don't know which Immortals might be capable of doing what Rhoda does.

17 hours ago, ijuin said:

Tedd might be able to reverse-engineer her spells or something

Almost certainly, but he need to see the spell first.

17 hours ago, ijuin said:

and we don't know which Immortals might be capable of doing what Rhoda does.

Hmmm ... ok, 50 foot Grace might been quite easily explainable as empowering ... and I would expect with most immortals the rules are more limiting than their abilities. Although Pandora would be completely fresh now and Zeus is less than half year old ... ok, this might really be good question.

56 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Hanma was able to make her game reduce players enough to need to throw each die two-handed, but that's outside of canon continuity.

Despite being non canon, I don't believe that makes any of the effects impossible in canon. Rhoda can do everything she did here in canon, just not all at once like that (yet).

20 hours ago, ijuin said:

Hanma was able to make her game reduce players enough to need to throw each die two-handed, but that's outside of canon continuity.

And she may also be oldest "friendly" immortal we know about now.