• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
hkmaly

Q&A Monday, Mar 25, 2019

http://egscomics.com/comic/qa8-07

"Guaranteed accidental success" ... well, Voltaire is NOT as omniscient as he might think.

... well, this is definitely VERY important question, unfortunately it's again something we already knew. At least we got little more details about Voltaire's motivation and plan. Although we still don't know if he actively done something making Arthur more likely to argue for change or if Arthur got into that position on his own.

Also, there WAS a third seer, although somehow I doubt he would outargument Arthur.

Interesting.

It seems the lying liar who lies is fond of unnecessarily complicated plans.  So much so that he doesn't even consider the simpler options.

Granted, regularly working his way around the letter and spirit of Immortal Law may have made this kind of behavior habitual.

One potential threat when dealing with Tedd that wasn't mentioned was Lord Tedd.  I know that guy seems intent on destroying the other Tedds of the multiverse.  But Lord Tedd may resent freelancers interfering with his prey.

9 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

One potential threat when dealing with Tedd that wasn't mentioned was Lord Tedd.  I know that guy seems intent on destroying the other Tedds of the multiverse.  But Lord Tedd may resent freelancers interfering with his prey.

Does Voltaire KNOW about Lord Tedd? Does Lord Tedd know about Voltaire?

I would expect Lord Tedd knows about magic reset and in fact became powerful due to it. Is his plan to attack all other Tedds related to magic reset? Is it related specifically to Volaire's sabotage?

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Does Voltaire KNOW about Lord Tedd? Does Lord Tedd know about Voltaire?

I would expect Lord Tedd knows about magic reset and in fact became powerful due to it. Is his plan to attack all other Tedds related to magic reset? Is it related specifically to Volaire's sabotage?

It would seem like if Voltaire knew about Lord Tedd, it would have been better to assist him in either killing our Tedd or Elliot, it's possible that Voltaire just wasn't around for that though.

We don't know for sure if Lord Tedd's exploiting his Seer status (or rather General Shade Tail is) and had already caused magic to become public, or if the Lord title is more specific to the people around him, like as if Tedd had created a secret sanctuary for magical beings and the rest of the world doesn't know yet.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

We don't know for sure if Lord Tedd's exploiting his Seer status (or rather General Shade Tail is)

We know THIS. Tedd's qualities are being gender fluid and seer. I don't think being gender fluid helped him to title of Lord.

(And if his parents made him Lord, they would probably still be around.)

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

and had already caused magic to become public

THAT is unknown, yes. However note that if magic changed on his earth, and assuming his world was mostly same as the main one before general Shade Tail was born, there was thousand of seers knowing about it ... SOMEONE would make it public. So magic can be secret only if the change DIDN'T happened.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

or if the Lord title is more specific to the people around him, like as if Tedd had created a secret sanctuary for magical beings and the rest of the world doesn't know yet.

That would still make him quite powerful.

14 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

We know THIS. Tedd's qualities are being gender fluid and seer. I don't think being gender fluid helped him to title of Lord.

Being genderfluid isn't a constant in all universes though, we know Terra has no desire in being male, Lord Tedd may have no desire in being female but has still embraced being androgynous. Also the only real clue that Lord Tedd might be a Seer is that he made a gauntlet like Tedd's.

19 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Powerful in that he's got some influence. Like while Damien used fear to get obedience from those around him, Tedd would have shown kindness, though according to Nioi, General Shade Tail is corrupting that. I'm not really certain that Lord Tedd is so powerful that he's managed to conquer the world.

On 3/26/2019 at 2:19 PM, Scotty said:
On 3/26/2019 at 0:56 PM, hkmaly said:

Being genderfluid isn't a constant in all universes though, we know Terra has no desire in being male, Lord Tedd may have no desire in being female but has still embraced being androgynous. Also the only real clue that Lord Tedd might be a Seer is that he made a gauntlet like Tedd's.

... good point. Our Tedd being genderfluid doesn't mean Lord Tedd is ... and we have no clue about Lord Tedd being genderfluid.

However, regarding seer ... considering being seer is mostly genetic, it would make sense - as much sense as parallel universes make on their own. Even Terra, while possibly not seer due to completely different laws of magic, seem to have strong magic talent.

On 3/26/2019 at 0:56 PM, hkmaly said:

Powerful in that he's got some influence. Like while Damien used fear to get obedience from those around him, Tedd would have shown kindness, though according to Nioi, General Shade Tail is corrupting that.

Powerful as having where to point to when someone asks "you and what army?".

I'm not really certain that Lord Tedd is so powerful that he's managed to conquer the world.

Neither did Alexander the Great, Caesar, Genghis Khan or Napoleon. You don't need to conquer WHOLE world to be remembered as great conqueror.

(Hmmm ... surprisingly, the greatest empire ever in term of land area belongs to George V who is not remembered as conqueror. Possibly because most of that land was already conquered by Queen Victoria before that.)

And Lord is not THAT big title. Assuming it's official, the territory under his control may be even smaller than Illinois. Although with number of seers between one and two thousands and total land area 510.1 million km², I would expect he can control more than mere 149,997 km2 of Illinois.

(Yes ... the fact that seers - or people using them - became rulers of Earth in Lord Tedd's universe is pure speculation.)