• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
ChronosCat

Sketchbook Tuesday Mar 26 - Mall Figure Magic Nonsense

http://egscomics.com/sketchbook/2019-009

(Space for spoilers.)

...I wonder if she needs to practice to get the form just right? I mean, they're all the same height, but it looks to me like Grace's breasts are bigger than the other two's. (Then again, as someone said on Patreon, maybe it's just the shirts creating that impression. Or for that matter the fact that Grace is in motion...)

5 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I'm surprised that Kevin would tolerate Mittens using his power so frivolously.

Who says that doing body changes is frivolous?   Seems like fairly high level magic to me.

13 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

...I wonder if she needs to practice to get the form just right? I mean, they're all the same height, but it looks to me like Grace's breasts are bigger than the other two's. (Then again, as someone said on Patreon, maybe it's just the shirts creating that impression. Or for that matter the fact that Grace is in motion...)

It's been more or less established that relative changes (e.g. "add X") are easier to accomplish than fixed forms (e.g. "change to Y"). That is why, for example, applying FV5 (or its equivalent) to someone who is already a post-pubescent female human results in features such as breasts and curves "doubling up", since it is more "add four cup sizes" than "change to a D cup", etc.

12 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

For most humans, the way to get more magic power is to use whatever power you have frequently. We don't KNOW that this is also true for wizards, but it's the way to bet. And Kevin did mention how low-powered a wizard Ashley is. It's reasonable to think he'd want her to have more power... in which case, frivolous but harmless use of it is something he should be in favor of.

18 hours ago, Don Edwards said:
On 3/26/2019 at 5:48 PM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

For most humans, the way to get more magic power is to use whatever power you have frequently. We don't KNOW that this is also true for wizards, but it's the way to bet.

Definitely. Wizards are still magic users. I would expect that with the exception of seers, who won't get own spells ever, normal wizard even get new spells by using the ones they have.

18 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

And Kevin did mention how low-powered a wizard Ashley is. It's reasonable to think he'd want her to have more power... in which case, frivolous but harmless use of it is something he should be in favor of.

In my opinion, there are two possibilities:

One is, Kevin not only tolerates this but encourages her.

Second is, Kevin tried to complain ONCE, then they talked about what else exactly should Ashley be doing to train magic, found that the list is very short and since then, Kevin tolerates the frivolous aspect and encourages the training.

On 3/26/2019 at 4:26 AM, Dan said:

Honestly, I'm not sure why Grace would be this hyped about the situation given that she could just transform that way herself, if not exactly match Elliot's Mall Form without assistance. That said, it could just be the "I'm having fun with friends!" principle.

... with anyone else that could be weird, but with Grace ... yeah, she can totally be this hyped about having fun with friends.