• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
mlooney

NP Wed March 27 2019

If cheap, quick acting, reliable, reversible, and safe transformation magic was readily available, the acres of "Self-Help" in the bookstores would need to be reallocated to something more useful.

I'm thinking Vampire / Tentacle Monster Romance Manga.

... how it was ... “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.”

With cheap, quick acting, reliable, reversible, and safe transformation magic is readily available, you don't need serenity to accept how you look.

53 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

If cheap, quick acting, reliable, reversible, and safe transformation magic was readily available, the acres of "Self-Help" in the bookstores would need to be reallocated to something more useful.

I'm thinking Vampire / Tentacle Monster Romance Manga.

No. That space would need to be occupied with books about how to keep the transformation safe (like ... wings are nice, but you definitely shouldn't be testing if they are strong enough to fly by jumping from roof), transformation ideas for people who don't have enough of their own ...

... and tips how to roleplay vampire / tentacle monster romance scenarios with your partner.

Seriously, Manga may be good to read but using it as manual for romance is even worse idea than using it to learn martial arts, Greg's success in this area notwithstanding.

27 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

Nah, there'd still be a lot of need for self-help books... but not exactly the same need.

... what's the name for books like "how to build a bookshelf"? I don't mean the IKEA manual.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

... how it was ... “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.”

With cheap, quick acting, reliable, reversible, and safe transformation magic is readily available, you don't need serenity to accept how you look.

You might not even need wisdom, either. :D

2 hours ago, ijuin said:
4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

You might not even need wisdom, either. :D

Circe just failed her wisdom check here.

Although it seems you don't need too much of it. Wait ... actually, you do, but just because of missing condition: the rarity of the artefact means that it's not exactly cheap. It cost Diane 20 millions to get it!

If it would be cheep in addition to quick acting, reliable, reversible, and safe, the necessary amount of wisdom would go lower.