• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
hkmaly

Q&A / Story Friday, Mar 29, 2019

http://egscomics.com/comic/qa8-09

... I'm not entirely convinced the last two panels were enough to warrant whole page spend on this ...

Also, apparently there are still people who were surprised by yesterday's page, as otherwise Dan would receive that list of indicators sooner.

(What? Taping my foot is supposed to be relaxation?)

(Didn't have problem tuning out people in computer lab ; but I do find hard to sleep with electronics humming around me ... and I sometimes have problems hearing what people are saying which seem more serious than what would match my general hearing ...)

*sigh* Yay for starburst background in panel four...

...Anyway, even after all the sex-change transformations and revelations about gender identity that have happened in EGS over the years, it still amuses me that Amanda used male pronouns for Dan in this strip, but he used his female avatar.

It's also interesting looking at Dan's recounting of that list; several things on it apply to me but never even came up in the discussions with my psychologist where he diagnosed me with Autism / Asperger's. I guess if anyone ever questions the diagnosis I have more evidence now...

11 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Sometimes I wonder if, perhaps, an "abnormal" mind is a prerequisite for creativity.

Or maybe everything which normal mind can create was already created, so only abnormal minds can create something new.

8 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

...Anyway, even after all the sex-change transformations and revelations about gender identity that have happened in EGS over the years, it still amuses me that Amanda used male pronouns for Dan in this strip, but he used his female avatar.

... she probably didn't saw him when she was saying it. Or her?

8 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

It's also interesting looking at Dan's recounting of that list; several things on it apply to me but never even came up in the discussions with my psychologist where he diagnosed me with Autism / Asperger's. I guess if anyone ever questions the diagnosis I have more evidence now...

Isn't the need for long list of indicators with checkmarks on the list of indicators of Autism / Asperger's? Or OCD?

I found that doctors don't like long list of what and when happened to me for diagnosis. (For record, the diagnosis where I found this out was tension headache ... and I still think they missed some symptoms, but I guess if it was something more serious I would already be dead.)

13 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... she probably didn't saw him when she was saying it. Or her?

It's possible that the last 3 panels are from a different timeframe than the first 3.

There may also still be a separation between "Dan the Artist" and "Dan the Avatar" and Amanda's referring to "Dan the Artist". Evidence of this separation can be seen in the last Q&A talking about Dan's preferred pronouns. "Dan prefers "he/him" unless referring to his female avatar"