• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Pharaoh RutinTutin

Q&A Monday April 01, 2019

http://egscomics.com/comic/qa8-10

So Wizards can copy any spell.

But they may not necessarily be able to use* every spell they copy.

And is that a Lamp Post sized wand Tedd is dramatically hefting?  I really want to see how that fits into the story.

Hmm.. His mother is in Britain.  Maybe he will learn the art of Caber Tossing?

*or teach, or make a wand, or post on the web, or... 

So Tedd or any other Seer could copy Sarah's spell, but it's unlikely that anyone but them would be able to use it because only Seers have access to the amount of power needed. Anyone else would need a specially crafted wand with the right materials, that could be expensive.

17 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

And is that a Lamp Post sized wand Tedd is dramatically hefting?  I really want to see how that fits into the story.

Nah, Tedd is just really shrunk.

On 4/1/2019 at 1:02 PM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

That's obvious: he tried to make wand with Sarah's spell. It needed to be big.

On 4/1/2019 at 1:02 PM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

So Wizards can copy any spell.

I think specific wizard can't. Otherwise there would be difference between uryuom magic and spells which can't be copied.

But wizards in general ... like, it is possible there is some wizard with the correct affinity able to copy it.

30 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

But wizards in general ... like, it is possible there is some wizard with the correct affinity able to copy it.

While we don't know for sure yet, considering Diane's direct relation to Adrian, a known wizard, Diane could also be a wizard. She could easily learn Susan's spells because they share the same affinity.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

While we don't know for sure yet, considering Diane's direct relation to Adrian, a known wizard, Diane could also be a wizard. She could easily learn Susan's spells because they share the same affinity.

While very likely, I think that Susan's spells are NOT that compli- ... wait. Her fairy summoning spell is sorta complicated, and a spell within a spell. Ok. It is possible that normal wizard wouldn't be able to learn fairy summoning from her and Adrian - or Diane, if she's wizard - would.

Her original mark spell, even with the enhancing aura, and the hammers, are most likely simple straightforward spells which can be copied even without affinity.

It's Sarah's spell which is so complicated wizard needs same affinity as Sarah to copy it.