• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
hkmaly

NP Wednesday, Apr 3, 2019

She WANTS to read the instructions?

Where is the fun in that?

5 hours ago, Wanderer said:

"Whoops, I suddenly somehow became taller and shorter simultaneously."

So are you a Short Giant or a Tall Dwarf?

On April 03, 2019, Dan Shive said:

...so someone could probably use the scales to shrink themselves to get better at math

Of course shrinking will help your math skills.  Concepts like Fractions, Decimals, Quantum Mechanics, and Infinitesimals are easier to understand if you can observe them in their natural habitat.

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Spelling

7 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Balancing yourself with yourself sounds like it would cause a logical paradox.

"Whoops, I suddenly somehow became taller and shorter simultaneously."

I would imagine that such a setting would have the same result as Ellen's beams with those effects. So any two symbols that directly oppose each other, will likely just cancel out and not do anything.

8 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

She WANTS to read the instructions?

Where is the fun in that?

If you want fun, you get the instructions, try to do it without them and then read them and realize how many mistakes you did.

Without instructions, it wouldn't be funny when you wouldn't know how to fix those mistakes.

8 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Concepts like ... Quantum Mechanics, and Infinitesimals are easier to understand if you can observe them in their natural habitat.

You might start with realizing that it is NOT POSSIBLE to observe either no matter how small you became.

You might, theoretically, with huge amount of shrinking and lot of spicy magic, observe chemical reactions as molecules hitting each other. But you can't observe quantum mechanics because observation CHANGES it a lot, and infinitesimals are INFINITELY smaller than you and no amount of shrinking would change that.

Never minding that chemical reactions take only a few microseconds to happen, which thus requires that your sense of time be super compressed in order to see them happening . . .

28 minutes ago, Haylo said:

....So, you want to balance less size with more speed, repeat to the limit of the scale.

And I just realized what Ash....I mean Circe, was referring to by how it could be abused, Min-Maxers would have a field day with those scales.

(Warning: TV Tropes linked, read at own risk)

6 hours ago, Scotty said:
6 hours ago, Haylo said:

....So, you want to balance less size with more speed, repeat to the limit of the scale.

And I just realized what Ash....I mean Circe, was referring to by how it could be abused, Min-Maxers would have a field day with those scales.

The real abuse is to "balance" with someone who doesn't agree with it.

19 hours ago, ijuin said:

Never minding that chemical reactions take only a few microseconds to happen, which thus requires that your sense of time be super compressed in order to see them happening . . .

I said theoretically. Although ...

6 hours ago, Haylo said:

... maybe making yourself significantly faster would also be an option.