• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

The scales definitely had mode for preventing the wardrobe malfunction. Somewhere. Even Circe might forget where. Or the detailed instructions were too long.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

I would not be surprised if Sarah just offered to move in with Nanase as well there. Seems like a logical thing to do.

Maybe she already lived there? I mean, it may be part of that "assistant" thing ...

Just now, hkmaly said:

The scales definitely had mode for preventing the wardrobe malfunction. Somewhere. Even Circe might forget where. Or the detailed instructions were too long.

Dan's commentary suggests it does have a step for such that the girls apparently skipped, they probably would have ended up in similar leotards like Nanase and Sarah did if they had taken that step. The tomb likely had that step automated, but since the scales are no longer in the tomb, it'd have to be applied manually.

4 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Maybe she already lived there?

Nanase suggesting Sarah might be done now that she's financially secure implies this was their first outing together, even the way Sarah reacted to the dungeon and to Nanase's behaviour and such suggested it was the first time, unless she moved in between the day Nanase asked for her assistance and when they left for the tomb, I don't think she had been living with Nanase for any period of time. Sarah went from "this woman is crazy and reckless" to "this woman is amazing, thinks I'm cute and she don't look bad herself"

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Dan's commentary suggests it does have a step for such that the girls apparently skipped, they probably would have ended up in similar leotards like Nanase and Sarah did if they had taken that step. The tomb likely had that step automated, but since the scales are no longer in the tomb, it'd have to be applied manually.

I meant besides the leotard option.

Note however that IMHO the step was less "automated" and more "just preselected on those scales".

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Maybe she already lived there?

Nanase suggesting Sarah might be done now that she's financially secure implies this was their first outing together, even the way Sarah reacted to the dungeon and to Nanase's behaviour and such suggested it was the first time, unless she moved in between the day Nanase asked for her assistance and when they left for the tomb, I don't think she had been living with Nanase for any period of time. Sarah went from "this woman is crazy and reckless" to "this woman is amazing, thinks I'm cute and she don't look bad herself"

This was their first ADVENTURE. Nanase might be using assistants even between adventures, at minimum it would make sense to obtain next assistant when the previous one lefts. Obviously, the payment for between-adventures is nowhere as big.

... on the other hand, I imagine she has adventures quite often, so it is possible Sarah moved in just like week or two before the adventure.

The "this woman is crazy and reckless" would be normal reaction to finding out your archaeology assistance job involves dungeon crawls instead of, like, cataloguing personal artefact collection. INSIDE the mansion.

Just now, hkmaly said:

Note however that IMHO the step was less "automated" and more "just preselected on those scales".

It still have to be triggered by someone entering the room, so the process of activating it was automated.

3 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

This was their first ADVENTURE. Nanase might be using assistants even between adventures, at minimum it would make sense to obtain next assistant when the previous one lefts. Obviously, the payment for between-adventures is nowhere as big.

... on the other hand, I imagine she has adventures quite often, so it is possible Sarah moved in just like week or two before the adventure.

The "this woman is crazy and reckless" would be normal reaction to finding out your archaeology assistance job involves dungeon crawls instead of, like, cataloguing personal artefact collection. INSIDE the mansion.

I would argue that Nanase didn't hold back information about what she did and what she owned during the course of the story, I don't think she'd hide any of that prior to the adventure, if she trusted Sarah enough to bring her along, she'd have trusted her enough to live with her prior with all the knowledge of what she did for a living.

Knowing that your boss does crazy fantastic things on the job and actually experiencing those things really are two different, well, things.

Still, Sarah may want to consider the option of staying in the mansion.

Consider this, how many Robins has Batman used up over the years?  Compare that to how many Alfreds have been delivered to Stately Wayne Manor...

6 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Consider this, how many Robins has Batman used up over the years?  Compare that to how many Alfreds have been delivered to Stately Wayne Manor...

How about how many Bruce Waynes Batman has gone through? ;)

9 hours ago, Scotty said:

How about how many Bruce Waynes Batman has gone through? ;)

There has only been one Bat...Computer. Programed by the first "Batman", it has as it's true primary function to train an endless succession of athletic males from Gotham City who have lost loved ones to the rampant crime there, finishing by calling in a plastic surgeon who also implants a communicator link to that same computer, adding the capabilities of a crime-solving computer. How does Batman get out of every death trap? Well, sometimes he doesn't, and Alfred leads in the next volunteer.

11 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

There have been five canon Robins (plus a number of alternate universe Robins).

While there has technically only ever been one Alfred, he did die once, at which point Aunt Harriet temporarily replaced him. He also lost a hand once, and has been in many battles with home invaders.

18 hours ago, Scotty said:
18 hours ago, hkmaly said:

It still have to be triggered by someone entering the room, so the process of activating it was automated.

True. Entering room is not how you normally activate the scales ...

18 hours ago, Scotty said:

I would argue that Nanase didn't hold back information about what she did and what she owned during the course of the story, I don't think she'd hide any of that prior to the adventure, if she trusted Sarah enough to bring her along, she'd have trusted her enough to live with her prior with all the knowledge of what she did for a living.

Not deliberately ...

17 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Knowing that your boss does crazy fantastic things on the job and actually experiencing those things really are two different, well, things.

... yes. Nanase didn't tried to keep anything secret, it's just that Sarah wasn't looking for the details enough.

8 hours ago, Haylo said:

it has as it's true primary function to train an endless succession of athletic males from Gotham City who have lost loved ones to the rampant crime there

Yeah. Remember what movie was it that Batman and his parents were watching in that cinema? I think in next batman reboot, it will be Star Wars: Episode I ... or Toy Story 2.

... ok, it was The Mark of Zorro, originally 1920, then 1940, so the most likely candidate for next reboot is The Mark of Zorro 1974 and afterwards The Mask of Zorro 1998. Gotta keep Batman in present, don't we?

6 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

While there has technically only ever been one Alfred, he did die once, at which point Aunt Harriet temporarily replaced him. He also lost a hand once, and has been in many battles with home invaders.

... temporary? He died once, then got better? Why it doesn't surprise me?

2 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... yes. Nanase didn't tried to keep anything secret, it's just that Sarah wasn't looking for the details enough.

Do you honestly think that Sarah would not have asked what Nanase kept in her huge mansion? Given Sarah's personality, she would have explored the mansion at some point, if Nanase said "don't go in these rooms" that would raise questions, Sarah would suspect things, and it wouldn't make sense for Nanase to hide anything from Sarah only to nonchalantly reveal it later, heck if anything, this further proves that Sarah doesn't yet live with Nanase and Nanase revealing that she's got tons of magic items and such at home is a form of "I like you a lot and want you to come live with me."

7 hours ago, Scotty said:
7 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Do you honestly think that Sarah would not have asked what Nanase kept in her huge mansion? Given Sarah's personality, she would have explored the mansion at some point, if Nanase said "don't go in these rooms" that would raise questions, Sarah would suspect things, and it wouldn't make sense for Nanase to hide anything from Sarah only to nonchalantly reveal it later, heck if anything, this further proves that Sarah doesn't yet live with Nanase and Nanase revealing that she's got tons of magic items and such at home is a form of "I like you a lot and want you to come live with me."

Let's see: first page Sarah appears on she asks if the scarf is magic. That suggests she DID heard Nanase has magic artifacts. She might not SAW them yet, but that's not that much suspicious, given that some of them are cursed and/or dangerous ...

Note that during this adventure Nanase was getting to know Sarah just as Sarah was getting to know Nanase. She may not be so nonchalant before she knew her.

6 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Let's see: first page Sarah appears on she asks if the scarf is magic. That suggests she DID heard Nanase has magic artifacts. She might not SAW them yet, but that's not that much suspicious, given that some of them are cursed and/or dangerous ...

That page only tells us that Sarah knows, or at least believes, that magic artifacts exist. It also wouldn't take much for anyone to know who Nanase is and what she does for a living since there are magazines about her, what Sarah doesn't know at the time we first see them together, is how Nanase operates, something that she should have some idea of if she had any prior meeting.

6 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Note that during this adventure Nanase was getting to know Sarah just as Sarah was getting to know Nanase. She may not be so nonchalant before she knew her.

I'd be shocked if two people like Sarah and Nanase lived together for a period of time and not get to know something about each other before going on an adventure, Nanase's very outgoing and eccentric, and Sarah's very interested in magical artifacts and transformation stuff but didn't appear to have experience any first hand until now. The way Nanase started flirting with Sarah and at first Sarah appeared to be uncomfortable about it, if Nanase had been acting flirty with Sarah from the moment they met, and Sarah had been living in the mansion before the adventure, I only see two possible outcomes, Sarah becoming so uncomfortable she moves out, or Nanase starts showing Sarah all the amazing stuff she has as a way of getting Sarah's attention. It shouldn't have taken this adventure to get Sarah to like Nanase.

On 4/6/2019 at 10:47 AM, ChronosCat said:

20 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... temporary? He died once, then got better? Why it doesn't surprise me?

Alfred Pennyworth is British.  A healthy Brit can be turned into a Newt and get better.

10 hours ago, Scotty said:
17 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I'd be shocked if two people like Sarah and Nanase lived together for a period of time and not get to know something about each other before going on an adventure, Nanase's very outgoing and eccentric, and Sarah's very interested in magical artifacts and transformation stuff but didn't appear to have experience any first hand until now. The way Nanase started flirting with Sarah and at first Sarah appeared to be uncomfortable about it, if Nanase had been acting flirty with Sarah from the moment they met, and Sarah had been living in the mansion before the adventure, I only see two possible outcomes, Sarah becoming so uncomfortable she moves out, or Nanase starts showing Sarah all the amazing stuff she has as a way of getting Sarah's attention. It shouldn't have taken this adventure to get Sarah to like Nanase.

As I said: In my opinion, this doesn't prove that she isn't living in the mansion, just that she doesn't live there LONG.

7 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Alfred Pennyworth is British.  A healthy Brit can be turned into a Newt and get better.

Also, in DC or Marvel comics, death is cheap, especially if you don't have the corpse. Even if you DO have the corpse, it might be a clone or a twin that the audience didn't know about.

53 minutes ago, ijuin said:
8 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Also, in DC or Marvel comics, death is cheap, especially if you don't have the corpse. Even if you DO have the corpse, it might be a clone or a twin that the audience didn't know about.

In several cases, the writer writing the issue with that death didn't know about it. Jean Grey comes in mind.