• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Pharaoh RutinTutin

Forum Outage April 2019

Ok, the Forum seems to be operating normally again.

But I could not access it all weekend.

Does any body know what the problem was?

Does any body know if the problem has been resolved?

Does any body really know what time it is?

Does any body really care?

I was wondering the same things. (Well, except for what time it is.)

Between the "Welcome" message and most of the "Announcements / Info" section of the larger 910CMX forums being from 2016, and the color scheme (including hard-to-see links and white editing text) never having been fixed, I get the impression this site isn't a high priority for those in charge of maintaining it. As such, whenever I can't access the forums, I wind up worrying, "is this the end of the EGS forums?"

(And if anyone in charge of maintaining the site is reading this, I understand that life can get in the way, and if you're not an EGS fan there's not much left for you on these forums. Still, some warnings and/or explanations for site outages would be appreciated.)

On a related note, does anybody have any ideas on what we might do if the 910CMX forums should die while there's still some of us hanging around here? I know there are other places to comment on / discuss EGS, but none of the ones I've looked into give me the same sense of community I get here, and at any rate I'd hate for this community to be ended prematurely. (And apologies if anyone thinks this is an over-reaction; I do have a tendency towards pessimism.)

I coulda swore I was able to access the site Saturday, it was just Sunday until about 9pmish EST.

Facebook, Instagram and Whatsapp were down for about the same time I think (eventhough I don't use them) I dunno if there's any connection between them though.

Just now, ChronosCat said:

On a related note, does anybody have any ideas on what we might do if the 910CMX forums should die while there's still some of us hanging around here? I know there are other places to comment on / discuss EGS, but none of the ones I've looked into give me the same sense of community I get here, and at any rate I'd hate for this community to be ended prematurely. (And apologies if anyone thinks this is an over-reaction; I do have a tendency towards pessimism.)

There's been a discord server available for a couple years now: https://discord.gg/TfzPVag

It's got what you'd pretty much expect from the forums, main story, NP and sketchbook reaction channels, offtopic stuff, channels for specific interests like science, politics, math, etc. There are NSFW channels that you need to specifically opt in to if interested. There are moderators, but how they operate is not the same as we're used to here. The chat system is a lot like IRC as well so it can be easy to get lost in a conversation if many people are talking.

I'm not advocating that we all switch now, there definite pros and cons to both, but as an alternative, it's probably the only one we've got at the moment.