• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
mlooney

NP Friday, 19 April 2019

Just now, mlooney said:

Here is

Bandit Raiders is a fine turn of phrase.  Raider Bandits, on the other hand, sounds a bit off.  Could just be me.

"NP Friday, 10 April 2019"

I think you meant to hit the "9" key but the darned "0" got in the way. ;)

And I get what you mean, the former suggest bandits who raid, the latter suggests a group of raiders that have turned bandit against other raiders....which....actually, have anyone who's played games like Skyrim or Fallout seen bandit groups fighting each other? I mean, it makes sense that two bandit groups would fight each other over resources just as they would attack settlements, but I can't recall it being portrayed that way in games.

Also, I'm curious if the "buckethead" look is a nod to how in Skyrim, one could put a bucket over an NPC's head and they wouldn't see you stealing from them.

Soooo ... what exactly did Grace hit with her face?

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

And I get what you mean, the former suggest bandits who raid, the latter suggests a group of raiders that have turned bandit against other raiders

I don't have that feeling but I'm not native speaker, so my opinion doesn't count much :)

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

have anyone who's played games like Skyrim or Fallout seen bandit groups fighting each other? I mean, it makes sense that two bandit groups would fight each other over resources just as they would attack settlements, but I can't recall it being portrayed that way in games.

I don't think that happened so often. More likely, they had agreed territories or some rules like "we were here first, go elsewhere today". Now, there might be some fighting while establishing borders of those territories, but it doesn't make sense for them to fight each other all the time as long as settlements are easier and more profitable targets.

Just now, hkmaly said:

Soooo ... what exactly did Grace hit with her face?

Judging by what the one raider bandit is wearing, that was probably a big censor bar. ;)

The NFL's Oakland Raiders will be moving to Las Vegas for the 2020 season, barring any delays in stadium construction.

Las Vegas is home to many "One Armed Bandits".

I'm guessing this Post Apocalyptic Fantasy is taking place in the ruins of Clark County, Nevada.

So when do we meet the Elvis impersonators?

19 hours ago, Scotty said:
19 hours ago, mlooney said:

Bandit Raiders is a fine turn of phrase.  Raider Bandits, on the other hand, sounds a bit off.  Could just be me.

And I get what you mean, the former suggest bandits who raid, the latter suggests a group of raiders that have turned bandit against other raiders....which....actually, have anyone who's played games like Skyrim or Fallout seen bandit groups fighting each other? I mean, it makes sense that two bandit groups would fight each other over resources just as they would attack settlements, but I can't recall it being portrayed that way in games.

I don't know, I would tend to interpret the first word as the modifier. So "Bandit Raiders" would be raiders who raid bandits, while "Raider Bandits" would be a group of bandits who raid.