• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
ChronosCat

NP Monday April 22 2019

http://egscomics.com/egsnp/fantasywasteland-07

Yay for starburst backgrounds in panels two and three!

Incidentally, the story comic's up too, but I don't have anything to say about it at the moment, so I'll let someone else make the thread.

[space for spoilers]

...So this scenario reminds me of how in the original Final Fantasy, the Black Belt (Monk in later translations)  & Master classes were more powerful fighters barehanded than using weapons (even weapons that could only be used by those classes, which made those weapons kind of pointless).

Game mechanics which doesn't scale well either at beginning or at end is nothing surprising.

Now, enemies which are aware of it and run away due to that ... on second though, enemies running away for ANY reason ... are pretty rare in games.

20 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

I don't have anything to say about it at the moment, so I'll let someone else make the thread.

Never stopped me. Although it also very rarely happens to me, so ...

27 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Now, enemies which are aware of it and run away due to that ... on second though, enemies running away for ANY reason ... are pretty rare in games.

In the Dragon Quest / Warrior games (or at least the first three, which are the only one's I've played) by the time you reach the middle of the game, when you walk through the areas near the beginning with the weakest enemies, the monsters run away from you fairly often - and if/when you return to those areas with end-of-game levels, they're more likely to run away than to fight you! Enemies significantly weaker than you also run away from you in the first Final Fantasy, though not nearly as often.

These are pretty  much the only examples I can think of, though...

27 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Since I started following Dan's twitter, the chance to create reaction threads has come up so often for me it's not only lost its novelty, it would be starting to feel like a chore if I thought I had to do it. So these days I usually leave the reaction-thread creation for others unless I have something to say (because I can't comment in a thread that doesn't exist yet).

30 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:
57 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Since I started following Dan's twitter, the chance to create reaction threads has come up so often for me it's not only lost its novelty, it would be starting to feel like a chore if I thought I had to do it. So these days I usually leave the reaction-thread creation for others unless I have something to say (because I can't comment in a thread that doesn't exist yet).

I might need to clarify that I meant that it rarely happens to me I have absolutely nothing to say about the comic. Although I don't have that many opportunities to create those threads either ... (at least it doesn't feel that way, although looking at recent history ...) And I usually do if I can because otherwise someone who don't even know how to add tags will do it. (Or is it impossible to add tags from mobile or something?)