• Announcements

    • Robin

      Welcome!   03/05/2016

      Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
hkmaly

Story Wednesday, Apr 24, 2019

Recommended Posts

http://egscomics.com/comic/party-004

Sooo, this is how the party happens. Wonder if Elliot tells Ashley it's just to give her chance to talk with someone ... or if he tries to hide it and fails horribly.

Maybe she really needs more time to just think about it? Or, like, doesn't consider safe talking about magic in public places?

Is Elliot's house big enough for party anyway? We know everyone did fit into Tedd's house, but Elliot's supposed to be smaller, doesn't it? Elliot needs to share room with Ellen, for start ...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Is Elliot's house big enough for party anyway? We know everyone did fit into Tedd's house, but Elliot's supposed to be smaller, doesn't it? Elliot needs to share room with Ellen, for start ...

With twins, I would try to provide each one with at least a tiny room -- IF the twins wanted that. Opposite sex twins almost always will want that, but the Ells are closer than most identicles anyway. It might have seemed obviously better to both "sisters" that they should both be in the best room available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Is Elliot's house big enough for party anyway?

Maybe not, but in this comic, Tedd and Elliot are in Tedd's basement lair. Notice the stairs? The couch where Susan made out with Justin at Grace's last birthday party? Also the same basement where Voltaire revealed himself, and, later, Pandora, but we don't know if Ashley knows either of those factoids yet. But it's definitely a bigger venue, and it's not Elliot's house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Is Elliot's house big enough for party anyway? We know everyone did fit into Tedd's house, but Elliot's supposed to be smaller, doesn't it? Elliot needs to share room with Ellen, for start ...

As far as we know, the basement at Elliot's/Ellen's is mostly unfinished and is where their exercise equipment are. It's also seemed implied that there's a spare room that could have been given to Ellen, but Elliot insisted that Ellen had just as much right to his bedroom as he did. It's also implied that the spare room is now being used to do the Review Show in(stated in commentary).

Anyway, considering Ashley's going to be training to be a wizard with Tedd supervising, she's going to be spending time at Tedd's house often so it makes sense that this party could also be used to show Ashley all the stuff she'll be seeing later.

3 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Maybe not, but in this comic, Tedd and Elliot are in Tedd's basement lair. Notice the stairs? The couch where Susan made out with Justin at Grace's last birthday party? Also the same basement where Voltaire revealed himself, and, later, Pandora, but we don't know if Ashley knows either of those factoids yet. But it's definitely a bigger venue, and it's not Elliot's house.

I don't think Elliot's ever had Tedd over at his place, everytime there's a scene with the two, I've always assumed it was at Tedd's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So no Birthday or Gnu Year's pretext for this Unexpected Party?

There needs to be some sort of theme other than "Convince Ashley Magic isn't so bad" or "Watch teens binge on pizza and Pringles".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

There needs to be some sort of theme other than "Convince Ashley Magic isn't so bad" or "Watch teens binge on pizza and Pringles".

All that's needed is for Tedd to tell Grace and the party will become inevitable. And since when do real teenagers even need a theme to party?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

So no Birthday or Gnu Year's pretext for this Unexpected Party?

There needs to be some sort of theme other than "Convince Ashley Magic isn't so bad" or "Watch teens binge on pizza and Pringles".

Elliot's apparently coming up with the party before the pretext makes this seem unlikely, and the fact that Dan has indicated on Twitter he doesn't know the calendar-dates for recent events makes it far more unlikely, but the current story is likely within a week or two of the anniversary of Ellen's creation... I wonder how she'd feel about having her brother and friends throw her a first birthday party?

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

All that's needed is for Tedd to tell Grace and the party will become inevitable. And since when do real teenagers even need a theme to party?

I assume the Pharaoh's point was how to justify it to Ashley. It might make her uncomfortable if she knew the party was all about introducing her to other magic users / Elliot's circle of friends. (Then again it might not be a problem, and Elliot does tend to be pretty straightforward these days.)

As for a party without a theme or celebrating some event, are they really that common? I've never experienced one myself (not that I know enough people IRL to get invited to many parties) nor can I recall them ever really coming up in fiction (aside from the stereotypical "the parents are away, lets invite half the school over" parties).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ChronosCat said:

Elliot's apparently coming up with the party before the pretext makes this seem unlikely, and the fact that Dan has indicated on Twitter he doesn't know the calendar-dates for recent events makes it far more unlikely, but the current story is likely within a week or two of the anniversary of Ellen's creation... I wonder how she'd feel about having her brother and friends throw her a first birthday party?

If we're going by the idea that the current year in EGS is 2014, the current scene is taking place on the 25th of January, meaning the party Elliot wants to have will be on February 1st, Ellen's "birthday" would be January 30 which is Thursday.

 

Just now, ChronosCat said:

I assume the Pharaoh's point was how to justify it to Ashley. It might make her uncomfortable if she knew the party was all about introducing her to other magic users / Elliot's circle of friends. (Then again it might not be a problem, and Elliot does tend to be pretty straightforward these days.)

As for a party without a theme or celebrating some event, are they really that common? I've never experienced one myself (not that I know enough people IRL to get invited to many parties) nor can I recall them ever really coming up in fiction (aside from the stereotypical "the parents are away, lets invite half the school over" parties).

Unless Dan skips the week right to the party, we might see Elliot talking to Ellen about it and maybe him asking if she wouldn't mind using her "birthday" as a reason to invite Ashley, if Elliot doesn't want Ashley to know the party is specifically to get her to open up about what's bothering her, having it disguised (or maybe actual if the idea of 2 birthdays a year appeals to her) as a birthday party would be a good plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The dating system began with EGS in 2002. Day-of-the-month and day-of-the-week corresponds to that year right through to the New Year's Eve party. But Dan seems to have decided not to be bound by the Gregorian calendar any more than any other long-running comic. Personally I'd vote for 2013 for a base year, although as I myself stated in the Shivepedia, the initial dates also work for 2019. But 2020 is a leap year, so either the coming February will have 29 days while February 2003 and February 2014 had only 28 days.

Anyway, Dan seems to be going for relative dating now, and it's appropriate for The New World, what with the spare Ellen at large, Diane hooking up with Lucy, etc. , I'm inventing a new system for Moperverse dating, based on NW-Day (for "New World"). Here's how recent events are timed out:

NW-7 Friday Sarah meets Sam, Justin meets Luke

NW-6 Saturday Ashley's first date with Elliot

NW-Day Friday  Day of "Minimal" Change (yeah, right)

NW+5 Wednesday Grace askes Sarah about her not-date with Sam.

NW+7 Friday Sam does not show up for the Friday night tournament at Salty Crackers. Later in Luke's dorm, we meet Camdin. Also that evening, Ashley and Elliot's shockingly uneventful third date.

NW+8 Saturday At the mall with Ellen, Grace spots Sam, Sam spots Grace, Sam runs away, and Ellen misses the point. Also on Saturday, Elliot asks Tedd about a party next Saturday.

NW+9 Monday Grace uses her antennae on Sam at Salty Crackers, then follows Sam outside and asks if he has a magic mark. They both encounter a smoky transformer who is definitely not Camdin, who is elsewhere, enjoying a sandwich.

NW+15 Saturday (provisional) PARTY!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Scotty said:

If we're going by the idea that the current year in EGS is 2014, the current scene is taking place on the 25th of January, meaning the party Elliot wants to have will be on February 1st, Ellen's "birthday" would be January 30 which is Thursday.

And they're still in high school. A party on Friday evening or Saturday, to celebrate something on Thursday, seems not only plausible but likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

the initial dates also work for 2019. But 2020 is a leap year, so either the coming February will have 29 days while February 2003 and February 2014 had only 28 days.

Dan had mentioned that once a leap year comes into play then the simplest explanation would be to assume that the EGS verse treats leap years differently or something. Like when the comic first started, 2004 was the leap year which if we're following the comic from 2002, and are now into 2003, then the next year would be a leap. However if we follow it as starting in 2013 and are now into 2014, then the leap year won't be till 2016 which is 2 years away comic time. 2020 is a leap year so it could be possible to have the first year be 2019 since Dan hasn't gotten into February of the second year yet BUT, Dan also stated that if he were to place EGS within a specific time frame, it'd be after the Star Trek 2009 but before Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which takes us back to the 2013-14 time frame, also because Dan didn't have the first year be a leap year, the way he's been vague about what the exact date is in comic lately (he used to do month and day of the month up until the Family Tree story and then has been just doing day of the week since, so as long as he does that, we probably won't even know if the story passed a leap day or not, unless he happens do mention another milestone day like Grace's birthday being on a particular day and we're like "wait a moment, that should be a day later if this year was a leap year".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Scotty said:

"wait a moment, that should be a day later if this year was a leap year".

No, it would be two days later if this year is a leap year. A normal year is 365 days: 52x7+1. But a leap year is 366 days: 52x7+2, so any date after February would fall two weekdays after that date on the previous year.

Anyway, this comic takes place two days before Grace and Sam encountered the smoky transformer who was not Camdin and, probably more important for the party, before Grace told Tedd's dad about it. So I'm thinking that maybe Tedd's place (which is also his dad's place) isn't quite the best venue. How about Susan's house? It's a bigger place with sleepover possibilities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Haylo said:
16 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Is Elliot's house big enough for party anyway? We know everyone did fit into Tedd's house, but Elliot's supposed to be smaller, doesn't it? Elliot needs to share room with Ellen, for start ...

With twins, I would try to provide each one with at least a tiny room -- IF the twins wanted that. Opposite sex twins almost always will want that, but the Ells are closer than most identicles anyway. It might have seemed obviously better to both "sisters" that they should both be in the best room available.

Regardless how specific their situation is, I think them sharing room proves they don't have THAT much space. (Although it's true that Elliot was surprised when Ashley found it weird)

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

As far as we know, the basement at Elliot's/Ellen's is mostly unfinished and is where their exercise equipment are. It's also seemed implied that there's a spare room that could have been given to Ellen, but Elliot insisted that Ellen had just as much right to his bedroom as he did. It's also implied that the spare room is now being used to do the Review Show in(stated in commentary).

True.

15 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
16 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Is Elliot's house big enough for party anyway?

Maybe not, but in this comic, Tedd and Elliot are in Tedd's basement lair. Notice the stairs? The couch where Susan made out with Justin at Grace's last birthday party? Also the same basement where Voltaire revealed himself, and, later, Pandora, but we don't know if Ashley knows either of those factoids yet. But it's definitely a bigger venue, and it's not Elliot's house.

If you are listing scary stuff happening here, don't forget the whale. Also, don't forget that unlike Elliot's house, Edwards house actually has magic wards working against almost everything EXCEPT the whales and the immortals.

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

Anyway, considering Ashley's going to be training to be a wizard with Tedd supervising, she's going to be spending time at Tedd's house often so it makes sense that this party could also be used to show Ashley all the stuff she'll be seeing later.

Unless she will be training in Tedd's new government-issued lab ... well, on her place I would probably opt for Tedd's basement, unless she heard some stories about how perverted Tedd is - ... on second though, probably even then.

7 hours ago, ChronosCat said:
10 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

So no Birthday or Gnu Year's pretext for this Unexpected Party?

There needs to be some sort of theme other than "Convince Ashley Magic isn't so bad" or "Watch teens binge on pizza and Pringles".

Elliot's apparently coming up with the party before the pretext makes this seem unlikely, and the fact that Dan has indicated on Twitter he doesn't know the calendar-dates for recent events makes it far more unlikely

... did he? When?

7 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

but the current story is likely within a week or two of the anniversary of Ellen's creation... I wonder how she'd feel about having her brother and friends throw her a first birthday party?

:) ... well, it WAS the worst day of her live, but on the other hand ...

3 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Anyway, Dan seems to be going for relative dating now, and it's appropriate for The New World, what with the spare Ellen at large, Diane hooking up with Lucy, etc. , I'm inventing a new system for Moperverse dating, based on NW-Day (for "New World").

New World or not, the Earth will still take 365 days and something to go around the sun.

35 minutes ago, Scotty said:

the way he's been vague about what the exact date is in comic lately (he used to do month and day of the month up until the Family Tree story and then has been just doing day of the week since, so as long as he does that, we probably won't even know if the story passed a leap day or not, unless he happens do mention another milestone day like Grace's birthday being on a particular day and we're like "wait a moment, that should be a day later if this year was a leap year".

I think he's vague on purpose, but fails to realize that with the birthdays and new years, he would need to be VERY obvious about hiding it.

19 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Anyway, this comic takes place two days before Grace and Sam encountered the smoky transformer who was not Camdin and, probably more important for the party, before Grace told Tedd's dad about it. So I'm thinking that maybe Tedd's place (which is also his dad's place) isn't quite the best venue. How about Susan's house? It's a bigger place with sleepover possibilities.

Why? Unlike the smokey guy, Ashley is approved to the circle (by Arthur). Well, ok, not sure if she's SUPPOSED to know about Uryuom, but given the Uryuom golem she witnessed, it may be too late for that too.

And Edward would certainly prefer if he has the party recorded.

Meanwhile, Susan might encounter problems if she tries to invite any straight guy. ... ... ok, on second though, that's unlikely to be that serious problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tom Sewell said:

No, it would be two days later if this year is a leap year. A normal year is 365 days: 52x7+1. But a leap year is 366 days: 52x7+2, so any date after February would fall two weekdays after that date on the previous year.

I didn't mean in relation to the previous year, I mean in relation to if it wasn't a leap year, like Grace's birthday was March 9th which was a Saturday, if we're following the calendar from the either 2002 or 2013, then the next year (2003/2014) should have Grace's 19th birthday on Sunday, but the next year (2004/2015) will be where things get different because if it's 2004 then Grace's 20th birthday would be on a Tuesday, but if it's 2015 then would be on a Monday.  If we go by the 2019 timeframe, and the current year is 2020, then of course Grace's 19th birthday would fall on Monday instead of Sunday.

I feel we're pretty much saying the same thing though, just different ways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Unless she will be training in Tedd's new government-issued lab ... well, on her place I would probably opt for Tedd's basement, unless she heard some stories about how perverted Tedd is - ... on second though, probably even then.

I dunno if Edward would insist that Tedd continue his research at home or not, on the one hand it might be distracting, but might also make it less stressful, on the other hand, Dan may keep it at Tedd's for the sake of not having to deal with having to figure out how Tedd would get to and from a lab between school and such, it's possible that while a lab building would be made available, there'd probably be staff there and Tedd could work from home while communicating with said staff over email or video conferencing (with a secured VPN set up between them of course).

As far as Ashley being scared off by stories of how perverted Tedd can be, well he's nowhere near as bad as he used to be, but I get the feeling based on Ashley's stories, that she could be just as pervy, and if it does turn out that Tedd was Ashley's internet girlfriend, well that could be the cause of some of the awkwardness that Dan warned us about, but at the same time once they get over that hurdle, it's pretty much guaranteed they'll get along fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scotty said:
17 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Unless she will be training in Tedd's new government-issued lab ... well, on her place I would probably opt for Tedd's basement, unless she heard some stories about how perverted Tedd is - ... on second though, probably even then.

I dunno if Edward would insist that Tedd continue his research at home or not, on the one hand it might be distracting, but might also make it less stressful, on the other hand, Dan may keep it at Tedd's for the sake of not having to deal with having to figure out how Tedd would get to and from a lab between school and such, it's possible that while a lab building would be made available, there'd probably be staff there and Tedd could work from home while communicating with said staff over email or video conferencing (with a secured VPN set up between them of course).

Well, it's not like Tedd would need to BE in the lab every day, or in fact even WORKING every day. I mean, he probably would, but until he's in school Arthur wouldn't demand it from him.

Similarly, Ashley is probably not supposed to train every day.

And regarding how he gets there ... how much energy those magical doors require again? Compared to the well of power Seers are? Tedd might be able to create a permanent magic door between his basement and the government lab and write that off as TRAINING.

(Also, Edward probably already has secured VPN established.)

5 minutes ago, Scotty said:

As far as Ashley being scared off by storied of how perverted Tedd can be, well he's nowhere near as bad as he used to be, but I get the feeling based on Ashley's stories, that she could be just as pervy, and if it does turn out that Tedd was Ashley's internet girlfriend, well that could be the cause of some of the awkwardness that Dan warned us about, but at the same time once they get over that hurdle, it's pretty much guaranteed they'll get along fine.

Hence the "on second though". While the stories about Tedd may be from time he was more perverted, he's unlikely to overpervert Ashley's fantasies. The difference of course is that he already had option to REALIZE some of that.

(Still, I'm sure Sarah will win the perversion contest by great margin, with all the training she does inside her spell.)

Of course, we also already know that Tedd's basement is source of great temptation, which Ashley is unlikely to resist. SHE may not be aware until too late, however.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I feel we're pretty much saying the same thing though, just different ways.

No we're not. March 9th comes after February, so if Grace's 18th birthday was on a Sunday, her 19th would be on a Tuesday if it was in a leap year.

Grace's 19th birthday party sounds like the best excuse to get everyone together, but Dan seems to have decided that this party will be different.  And if Ashley's comfort is priority one, and a non-initiate like Liz comes along, then likely Edward would forbid any spellcasting, summoning, morphing, etc.

Hmm. Sound's kinda dull, don't it?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, hkmaly said:
8 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Elliot's apparently coming up with the party before the pretext makes this seem unlikely, and the fact that Dan has indicated on Twitter he doesn't know the calendar-dates for recent events makes it far more unlikely

... did he? When?

While that could mean he just doesn't want to say, I think if that was the case he would be more clear about it. So more likely he hasn't decided on precise dates for Squirrel Prophet and beyond.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Of course, we also already know that Tedd's basement is source of great temptation, which Ashley is unlikely to resist. SHE may not be aware until too late, however.

Another reason why Susan's house might be better for the party. And, of course, Susan.

Wherever the party happens, I can see a big pot of "rock soup" on the stove. For instance:

  • Ashley might want Liz, Sarah, and Susan.
  • Liz might want to bring her boyfriend (in which case he might actually get a name from Dan).
  • Susan will feel obligated to ask Diane and Catalina.
  • Diane won't come without Lucy.
  • Grace and Diane will want Rhoda along, which also makes Catalina more likely.
  • Possibly Diane will want Rhea. Or, maybe their adopted parents would like the older sibling to watch out for the younger, just like Rhea did at that New Year's Eve party. If Rhea comes, she come trailing Rick and Elijah--almost certainly if Nanase is coming.
  • Ellen and Nanase both have good reasons to be elsewhere, but Nanase's mom might well insist that Nanase be there to make sure nothing bad happens to her "little cousin". Plus, Grace.
  • Considering how much known magic is floating around, there may be one or more adult chaperones, such as Mr. Verres himself. Each of these could in turn bring  along others, or others could come along despite objections.
  • Mrs. Kitsune might bring along Akiko, either because her husband's out of town, or because she thinks the presence of an innocent child may help ramp down the raging teenage hormones.
  • Arthur J. Arthur may come himself, and bring along his daughter Sybil.
  • Maybe the least likely is Adrian Raven, but Edward Verres may decide it's a good idea, or have Arthur or Mr. Liefeld decide for him. In that case, especially if Diane is coming, maybe Noah.
  • Nightmare scenario: Principal Verrucht invites himself.
  • Obligatory: Matt Cohen, whether delivering the pizza again, or Susan decides to give in. Who knows, maybe this will scare him into giving up?

If half of these people actually show up, Susan's mansion might not even be big enough. Maybe Tedd will come across Skuld's space expander from Aa Megami-Sama's own space-whale arc...

Edited by Tom Sewell
Grammer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

And if Ashley's comfort is priority one, and a non-initiate like Liz comes along, then likely Edward would forbid any spellcasting, summoning, morphing, etc.

Hmm. Sound's kinda dull, don't it?

Putting aside the fact that Liz is almost certainly marked, as noone is aware of that, yes, it would be very dull and also counterproductive for the priority two, which is making Ashley talk/ask about magic.

I don't think Liz would be invited.

2 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

While that could mean he just doesn't want to say, I think if that was the case he would be more clear about it. So more likely he hasn't decided on precise dates for Squirrel Prophet and beyond.

... maybe Dan is even more afraid of forumites who can count dates better than he can than I though ...

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:
2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Of course, we also already know that Tedd's basement is source of great temptation, which Ashley is unlikely to resist. SHE may not be aware until too late, however.

Another reason why Susan's house might be better for the party. And, of course, Susan.

Better for WHOM?

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:
  • Ashley might want Liz, Sarah, and Susan.
  • Liz might want to bring her boyfriend (in which case he might actually get a name from Dan).
  • Susan will feel obligated to ask Diane and Catalina.
  • Diane won't come without Lucy.
  • Grace and Diane will want Rhoda along, which also makes Catalina more likely.
  • Possibly Diane will want Rhea. Or, maybe their adopted parents would like the older sibling to watch out for the younger, just like Rhea did at that New Year's Eve party. If Rhea comes, she come trailing Rick and Elijah--almost certainly if Nanase is coming.

Susan still doesn't know Catalina has magic and is clever enough to realize how bad idea would be to invite someone who is not supposed to know about magic.

Now, Ashley MIGHT want to invite Liz, but on the other hand, she is serious about keeping the secret and is so good it's prevented her from being marked. Also, it will be enough for Elliot to mention he wanted to show her some transformations on the party to provide reason why she shouldn't invite her.

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Ellen and Nanase both have good reasons to be elsewhere, but Nanase's mom might well insist that Nanase be there to make sure nothing bad happens to her "little cousin". Plus, Grace.

Actually, I think Ellen would want to come. Also, if it will be HER party ...

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
  • Considering how much known magic is floating around, there may be one or more adult chaperones, such as Mr. Verres himself. Each of these could in turn bring  along others, or others could come along despite objections.
  • Mrs. Kitsune might bring along Akiko, either because her husband's out of town, or because she thinks the presence of an innocent child may help ramp down the raging teenage hormones.
  • Arthur J. Arthur may come himself, and bring along his daughter Sybil.
  • Maybe the least likely is Adrian Raven, but Edward Verres may decide it's a good idea, or have Arthur or Mr. Liefeld decide for him. In that case, especially if Diane is coming, maybe Noah.

They are already adult, at least technically, and Mr. Verres already trusted them year ago on Grace's party. No, I don't think any parent will insist on coming. Also, I don't think Arthur will be willing to go on party unless he would be ordered to (by Mr. Liefeld ?).

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
  • Nightmare scenario: Principal Verrucht invites himself.
  • Obligatory: Matt Cohen, whether delivering the pizza again, or Susan decides to give in. Who knows, maybe this will scare him into giving up?

... seriously?

Anyway, Dan would certainly do what he can to limit number of attendees. Besides main eight and Ashley, only one I can see will be invited would be Diane ... who may decide to not show up BECAUSE she can't bring Rhoda and Lucy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

No we're not. March 9th comes after February, so if Grace's 18th birthday was on a Sunday, her 19th would be on a Tuesday if it was in a leap year.

Um, her 18th birthday was on a Saturday though, that was during the first year of the comic, now we're in the second year, if it's a leap year her 19th birthday will be on Monday, otherwise, it'll be Sunday. I just looked it up on my calendar using 2019 at year 1 and 2020 (a leap year) as year 2.

If we use 2013 a year 1, year 2 (2014) Grace's 19th birthday will be a Sunday, year 3 (2015) Grace's 20th will be a Monday, and year 4 (2016, A leap year) Grace's 21st will be a Wednesday.

If we use 2002 at year 1, year 2 (2003) Grace's 19th would still be on a Sunday, year 3 (2004, a leap year) then Grace's 20th would be on a Tuesday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Anyway, Dan would certainly do what he can to limit number of attendees. Besides main eight and Ashley, only one I can see will be invited would be Diane ... who may decide to not show up BECAUSE she can't bring Rhoda and Lucy.

Points taken.

If Diane refuses to come, then what if Susan refuses to come? Remember how Ashley sees Susan?

Not much of a party in that case, IMHO.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Um, her 18th birthday was on a Saturday though

Yes, it was, but my point was to correct your math and your example used an 18th birthday on a Sunday, and that any date in a leap year from March through December will fall two days later in the week than the same date the year before. Remember this; there will be a pop quiz later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Anyway, Dan would certainly do what he can to limit number of attendees. Besides main eight and Ashley, only one I can see will be invited would be Diane ... who may decide to not show up BECAUSE she can't bring Rhoda and Lucy.

Points taken.

If Diane refuses to come, then what if Susan refuses to come? Remember how Ashley sees Susan?

Not much of a party in that case, IMHO.

Remember how important Susan sees Elliot and Ashley relationship? She will came. Also, she will enjoy watching Ashley and Elliot making out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this