• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
hkmaly

NP Wednesday, Apr 24, 2019

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp/fantasywasteland-08

Legendary fire wand with bonus frost damage?

Anyway, there may be gauntlet design allowing combining claws and gauntlet damage. Fingerless gloves exists, after all. Doesn't change the fact that it would be obvious the gauntlets are NOT covering the claws in such case. Also, the gauntlet would basically need to be specially designed for that, as armored gauntlet has no other reason to contain any holes.

... and, obviously, the claws would need to be magically sharp or something to provide bigger bonus than gauntlet with metal "claws".

Still, makes much more sense than classical fantasy female armor (which has bigger bonus the more skin it shows, AND has that shape directing any hit to vital areas).

9 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Anyway, there may be gauntlet design allowing combining claws and gauntlet damage. Fingerless gloves exists, after all. Doesn't change the fact that it would be obvious the gauntlets are NOT covering the claws in such case. Also, the gauntlet would basically need to be specially designed for that, as armored gauntlet has no other reason to contain any holes.

The gauntlets would be enchanted to give the bonus damage, even if the claws are covered, the enchantment would take the base damage+Grace's perk and then apply the bonus on top.

Mind you if the gauntlets aren't enchanted but give a flat damage which is based on Grace's strength+gauntlet material (ie leather gloves vs iron gauntlets vs steel, etc) then there is the question of how claw damage bonus is applied, usually for the sake of gameplay claw bonus would be included regardless of whether it made any sense. Though I wouldn't be surprised if a game would be like "yeah, you get the bonus claw damage, but that gets negated by handwear", but Dan did mention in the previous comic that in Skyrim, Khajit with the bonus damage did better in the early game than someone using low tier weapons, but ended up getting surpassed by higher tier weapons and perk levels, like the one handed weapons perk has a 20% per perk level damage increase plus other perks that would make even an iron sword more useful than claws.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

The gauntlets would be enchanted to give the bonus damage, even if the claws are covered, the enchantment would take the base damage+Grace's perk and then apply the bonus on top.

Well, obviously, everything may be explained by magic casted by sufficiently witty wizzard.