• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Sewell

Story Friday, March 26, 2019

I'm going to use white text to prevent giving spoilers. To read the rest of this comment, use select text.

I'm not sure where Susan is going with her criticisms. It reminds me of her when Nanase and Ellen told her about Diane. But since I don't see this party happening without Susan, I'm pretty sure she'll agree to come if certain conditions are met. One of those conditions might be that Diane be invited, because Susan doesn't want Diane to feel excluded.

(And another rock approaches the soup...) 

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

I'm not sure where Susan is going with her criticisms. It reminds me of her when Nanase and Ellen told her about Diane. But since I don't see this party happening without Susan, I'm pretty sure she'll agree to come if certain conditions are met. One of those conditions might be that Diane be invited, because Susan doesn't want Diane to feel excluded.

Susan's likely still processing her experience from the vampire attack at the mall and finding out she's related to an Immortal and having watched said Immortal get forcibly reset for protecting her family. She wasn't keen on telling anyone what happened the day after, and it seems likely she's still not ready to talk about it. Remember, it took her much longer to tell anyone else about what happened in France, and she wasn't eager to get new spells or read her spell book after her angst induced awakening.

Let us not ignore that Sarah has identified the most significant plot and character development to appear in this story.

Elliot has taken the initiative in a relationship.

The band at Rick's is playing La Marseillaise...

37 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

The band at Rick's is playing La Marseillaise...

I'm afraid you have mis-identified the most significant character, at least in this comic: Susan is the Rick here, the character whose mind must be changed. Maybe we will see Susan's miniatures again, convincing her to go to this party like they convinced her to go to Grace's party. And we need a Major Strasser before the Marsseillaise. Possibly Tony could fill that role? 

Susan is the most significant mind to be changed in this scene

Elliot's behavior has reached the point where Rick realized he can no longer remain neutral, the major turning point of the whole story

And it will be difficult to cast a Major Strasser from the existing cast of EGS characters, due to the history of EGS villains developing sympathetic or justifiable back stories

As I predicted (not that it will be hard), party for Ashley which officially wouldn't be for Ashley.

Also, yes, good point: Tedd isn't good at meeting new people either ... the likehood he's her internet girlfriend just went up.

11 hours ago, Scotty said:
14 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Susan's likely still processing her experience from the vampire attack at the mall and finding out she's related to an Immortal and having watched said Immortal get forcibly reset for protecting her family. She wasn't keen on telling anyone what happened the day after, and it seems likely she's still not ready to talk about it. Remember, it took her much longer to tell anyone else about what happened in France, and she wasn't eager to get new spells or read her spell book after her angst induced awakening.

It took her years to tell anyone about France, but I think she got over her awakening around here, and that was, like, half year? Hmmm ... ok, 8 months. So I suppose she may be ready in two or three months ... the party will probably be next week, right?

14 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Susan, I'm pretty sure she'll agree to come if certain conditions are met. One of those conditions might be that Diane be invited, because Susan doesn't want Diane to feel excluded.

... remember that Diane herself took it quite hard. So she may not want to come either - wait. Damn. Logically speaking, both Susan AND Diane should be there EXACTLY because they need to start talking about magic just as Ashley if not more. Except Susan is unlikely to raise this point now - usually she's the logical one bud not when it's about her.

6 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Maybe we will see Susan's miniatures again

I hope so.

BTW, I wonder, we saw these representatives for parts of Susan mind and parts of Diane's mind ... could it be part of what they inherited from Pandora? (Was it already mentioned?) Is it possible that after hammerchlorians we get another explanation of something which didn't needed it?

... could those representatives take control of Susan fairies?

7 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Let us not ignore that Sarah has identified the most significant plot and character development to appear in this story.

Elliot has taken the initiative in a relationship.

Not sure it was most significant but I'm pretty sure it's one of those lampshades Dan was speaking about.

23 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Also, yes, good point: Tedd isn't good at meeting new people either ... the likehood he's her internet girlfriend just went up.

Oooh, , that's something I haven't thought of for a long time. I hope Dan won't disappoint us.

40 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Logically speaking, both Susan AND Diane should be there EXACTLY because they need to start talking about magic just as Ashley if not more. Except Susan is unlikely to raise this point now - usually she's the logical one bud not when it's about her.

I can see a lot of subject changing until at last someone calls in the Demonic Duck. It's been far too long since we've seen him in canon.

15 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Oooh, , that's something I haven't thought of for a long time. I hope Dan won't disappoint us.

Seriously? Wasn't it mentioned one or two comics ago?

On 4/25/2019 at 0:37 AM, Scotty said:

and if it does turn out that Tedd was Ashley's internet girlfriend

... one comic ago. And there is your post BELOW that. :)

Just now, hkmaly said:

BTW, I wonder, we saw these representatives for parts of Susan mind and parts of Diane's mind ... could it be part of what they inherited from Pandora? (Was it already mentioned?) Is it possible that after hammerchlorians we get another explanation of something which didn't needed it?

Technically Sarah's Vampire and Werewolf personas can be considered the same as Susan's "logic, nature, nurture, curiosity" personas, so I don't think they're limited to Susan and Diane, I think Dan just liked showing us Susan sorting out feelings with visual representations of different aspects of herself.

Considering how Little Nase reacted after first showing up, I'd say it's very likely one of her aspects (likely Nature) can take control. ;)

Just now, hkmaly said:
Just now, Tom Sewell said:
Just now, hkmaly said:

Seriously? Wasn't it mentioned one or two comics ago?

On 4/24/2019 at 6:37 PM, Scotty said:

and if it does turn out that Tedd was Ashley's internet girlfriend

... one comic ago. And there is your post BELOW that. :)

I'm pretty sure I said I would bring this up every chance I get until Dan either confirms or debunks it. :D

7 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Considering how Little Nase reacted after first showing up, I'd say it's very likely one of her aspects (likely Nature) can take control. ;)

A really great gag scene would be Susan talking with her miniature alter egos like her former internal debates before noticing that they have fairy wings and tails, and then, that everyone else is staring speechless at her.

12 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

A really great gag scene would be Susan talking with her miniature alter egos like her former internal debates before noticing that they have fairy wings and tails, and then, that everyone else is staring speechless at her.

Especially if that were to happen at this party and she happens to mention finding Elliot and Ashley together sexy.

48 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

When, if given a chance, has The Dan not introduced a new character?  Just saying.

1 minute ago, mlooney said:

When, if given a chance, has The Dan not introduced a new character?  Just saying.

But Dan has teased that he knows who Ashley's internet girlfriend was, this is a case where either new character or existing character is possible, if it's an existing character then there'd have been hints, and I'd argue that Edward's stating that Tedd had strange interests back when William and Gillian were offering to let Tedd help design forms for them, is such a hint. It's not a stretch to think those interests involved pretending (which at the time it would be seen as pretending, we and even Tedd knows better now) to be a girl.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Technically Sarah's Vampire and Werewolf personas can be considered the same as Susan's "logic, nature, nurture, curiosity" personas, so I don't think they're limited to Susan and Diane, I think Dan just liked showing us Susan sorting out feelings with visual representations of different aspects of herself.

I'm pretty sure those hammers also originally WAS supposed to be just gag. I mean, in older comics they don't behave consistently. So, just because Susan's logic and curiosity appeared as just as visual representations doesn't mean Dan can't later explain them differently. We may also find out that hair fairies really exists.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

While I was specifically thinking about different personalities taking control of different fairies at same time, it's true that Nase already seem mostly controlled by Nature.

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

Hmmmmm ... sure, fairies were not shown to talk so far, but this could still work with just Susan actually talking.

30 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Hmmmmm ... sure, fairies were not shown to talk so far, but this could still work with just Susan actually talking.

I don't think Susan's fairies have been shown to talk, but Nanase's definitely have.

19 hours ago, Don Edwards said:
20 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I don't think Susan's fairies have been shown to talk, but Nanase's definitely have.

Nanase has been shown talking while in fairy.  It's possible only way Susan's fairies can talk is if she goes manual and first-person perspective. Even FOX has only ONE line when running on subconscious: other cases was manual mode or Pandora.

2 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Nanase has been shown talking while in fairy.  It's possible only way Susan's fairies can talk is if she goes manual and first-person perspective. Even FOX has only ONE line when running on subconscious: other cases was manual mode or Pandora.

So far. Both Susan and Nanase have gotten new capabilities for their fairies (multiple fairies; fae punch), so I don't think it would be too surprising for them to acquire more, particularly when it would be convenient for moving the plot along. Or, even better, when it would be funny.

7 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:
17 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

So far. Both Susan and Nanase have gotten new capabilities for their fairies (multiple fairies; fae punch), so I don't think it would be too surprising for them to acquire more, particularly when it would be convenient for moving the plot along. Or, even better, when it would be funny.

Hmmm, well I would say it would be surprising but not TOO surprising. Most new spells could be classified as at least little surprising.