• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Sewell

Story, Monday, April 29, 2019

Like the previous comic, highlight to read, or don't if you want spoilers.

So, how many comics will it take to change Susan's mind? Will Susan realize that Ashley's discomfort is making a fissure between Elliot and Ashley? Will she realize if they do break up, Elliot will be free? Will realizing this make make feel so guilty she decides to go to that damned party anyway? And will there be any elephants saying “'sup”?

Ok. Susan doesn't WANT to go. As expected. Now, WILL she go anyway? And why?

Regarding Tedd's gender, I'm going to assume he can switch so fast she don't need to be same gender in two panels in row, making any guessing pointless.

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

So, how many comics will it take to change Susan's mind? Will Susan realize that Ashley's discomfort is making a fissure between Elliot and Ashley? Will she realize if they do break up, Elliot will be free? Will realizing this make make feel so guilty she decides to go to that damned party anyway? And will there be any elephants saying “'sup”?

Definitely possible. However, I don't think she will have that much time - panel-wise, I mean. Sure, it will take some time to tell everyone but I suspect it won't take as long as in case of Grace's party.

It would be more interesting if there would be some OTHER reason she ends up on the party, but I can't find anything really surprising and still believable. Like, noone would believe her she needs to be there because her car broke or something. And the option of her coming in middle of party to warn others of some crisis also doesn't seem likely ... OR fitting EGS.

(Note: I don't have anything specific in mind, but I have strong suspicion there are at least two movies for each of those options.)

7 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

It would be more interesting if there would be some OTHER reason she ends up on the party, but I can't find anything really surprising and still believable.

Of course I can think of other reasons, but I think this is the best fit for Susan as we've come to know her. In fact, it's exactly the reason she did this. And that took just two panels.

Other perhaps plausible reasons for Susan to come to the party:

• The others invite Ashley, she accepts, and assuming Susan is coming begins talking with Susan about it, perhaps saying that she's really glad Susan will be there, even if they don't talk about magic.
  • Susan learns that Diane is coming. Must protect Diane from Tedd.

Now a question: Do we know if anyone else besides Susan, Diane, and Adrian Raven know they are descendants of Pandora?

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

It would be more interesting if there would be some OTHER reason she ends up on the party, but I can't find anything really surprising and still believable.

My guess would be Justin, he's got a track record for getting Susan to talk about her feelings with him, even if he doesn't immediately get her to talk to him, he might be able to plant the seed that makes her start thinking about it more and unable to suppress it which is something that Jerry warned her about and which lead to her angst induced awakening. She can't hide from what happened at the mall just as much as Ashley can't hide from what happened at Elliot's house and the PTTAwhatever place.

3 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Susan learns that Diane is coming. Must protect Diane from Tedd.

I don't think they'd invite Diane, Ellen might still think Diane might try to seduce Elliot for one thing. Another would be Ellen and Nanase would know that inviting Diane without Susan wouldn't be a good idea, I dunno if they know that Susan went to the movies with Diane after the incident, or chatted again later after Diane's discover of her reputation and Lucy's feelings for her. They'd think either Susan wouldn't want Diane there to remind her of what happened, or that Susan would think they were replacing her with Diane or something.

3 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Now a question: Do we know if anyone else besides Susan, Diane, and Adrian Raven know they are descendants of Pandora?

Nope, Dan hasn't even hinted that any of Susan's family knows, I doubt Susan would be in the state she's in now if she told her mom what happened, and Diane doesn't have any other known biological family that we've seen, that she could tell.

Jerry/Zeus knows about Susan and Diane, of course, but he doesn't seem likely to have told anyone we know about--although he might have left a clue or two with a mortal or two while he was researching, especially if Dan finds it convenient for his plot at any time

Tedd found out Pandora reset, of course, from Magic Itself--and of course Arthur was with him (and Van, but we don't know when Van will show up in the story again).

Magic also revealed Pandora's full name--Pandora Chaos Raven. Sarah already figured out that Mr. Raven is Pandora's son, but I think the only person we're sure she's told is Mr. Raven himself. Pandora did not tell Sarah that her son had children. It's possible Sarah found out from Adrian. Sarah actually met with him in his real Elf form, but Dan has left it to our imaginations (so far) about anything they actually said.

Edited by Tom Sewell
spelling

15 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

6 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Jerry/Zeus knows about Susan and Diane, of course, but he doesn't seem likely to have told anyone we know about

It's possible Sarah found out from Adrian.

Besides Zeus, I don't think anyone knows for sure ... and I don't consider that likely Adrian would tell her. She MIGHT be able to put together that Adrian has SOME child, IMHO ... but I don't think she have any reasons to suspect Susan and Diane, much less both.

11 hours ago, Scotty said:

Nope, Dan hasn't even hinted that any of Susan's family knows, I doubt Susan would be in the state she's in now if she told her mom what happened, and Diane doesn't have any other known biological family that we've seen, that she could tell.

... I don't think it would be good idea to tell anything to Susan's mother, OR that Susan would do so, even if not in this bad mood. She almost certainly didn't told her about FRANCE yet.

Magic also revealed Pandora's full name--Pandora Chaos Raven. Sarah already figured out that Mr. Raven is Pandora's son, but I think the only person we're sure she's told is Mr. Raven himself.

I think this could be something that Sarah OR Tedd (who was told by Pandora) already told others.

It's interesting: before Sister III, we could assume by default that main eight shares almost everything. Now, we have lot of things which is obviously NOT shared and may stay not shared for some time ...

My guess would be Justin, he's got a track record for getting Susan to talk about her feelings with him, even if he doesn't immediately get her to talk to him, he might be able to plant the seed that makes her start thinking about it more and unable to suppress it which is something that Jerry warned her about and which lead to her angst induced awakening. She can't hide from what happened at the mall just as much as Ashley can't hide from what happened at Elliot's house and the PTTAwhatever place.

If she really tries to suppress it, Justin will be the correct person who get her to talk. However, if she already IS thinking about it, she needs just time.

15 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Susan learns that Diane is coming. Must protect Diane from Tedd.

I don't think they'd invite Diane, Ellen might still think Diane might try to seduce Elliot for one thing. Another would be Ellen and Nanase would know that inviting Diane without Susan wouldn't be a good idea, I dunno if they know that Susan went to the movies with Diane after the incident, or chatted again later after Diane's discover of her reputation and Lucy's feelings for her. They'd think either Susan wouldn't want Diane there to remind her of what happened, or that Susan would think they were replacing her with Diane or something.

I though that they will try to keep Diane out of most of their secrets, but after showing her Fox ... still, they might not want to invite her to Tedd because they don't want to explain to EDWARD how much did they told her.

Hmmmm ... hard to say how much they know - or think they know - about Diane's and Susan relationship. OR how much will Diane remind Susan the Mall incident. That "replacing with Diane", however, sounds weird: I don't see any way Diane can actually replace Susan (except for photos, and Grace can do that even better), so why would Susan see it that way?

PS: Technically, we don't know if Diane actually chatted with Susan about Lucy. I also suspect it would be something Susan wouldn't be interested in. She might be at least little interested about Rhoda (like, it would confirm her suspicion), but probably wouldn't admit it either.

6 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Well, if Susan doesn't go, that'll be one less character Dan has to juggle at this party...

... which is the ultimate reason why I think Dan wouldn't consider inviting Diane. Only question is if he will bother in someone mentioning some reason in comix.

Just now, hkmaly said:

If she really tries to suppress it, Justin will be the correct person who get her to talk. However, if she already IS thinking about it, she needs just time.

There's a big difference between thinking about it like actually going through the events in her mind trying to piece together how she should feel about it, and thinking about it just long enough to say "I don't want to think about it". the former is more desirable but we haven't seen any evidenced that she's put any effort into it beyond the day after between Sarah calling and Susan calling Diane, and it seemed clear that Susan decided she didn't want to think about it anymore just before calling Diane. Diane at least had been shown thinking about it more afterwards but there's certainly still that one obstacle of talking to her father.

10 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Besides Zeus, I don't think anyone knows for sure ... and I don't consider that likely Adrian would tell her. She MIGHT be able to put together that Adrian has SOME child, IMHO ... but I don't think she have any reasons to suspect Susan and Diane, much less both.

Sarah's a talented artist. She's seen how Adrian really looks now. It's pretty believable she's noticed the resemblance between Susan and Adrian Raven.

5 hours ago, Scotty said:
5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

There's a big difference between thinking about it like actually going through the events in her mind trying to piece together how she should feel about it, and thinking about it just long enough to say "I don't want to think about it". the former is more desirable but we haven't seen any evidenced that she's put any effort into it beyond the day after between Sarah calling and Susan calling Diane, and it seemed clear that Susan decided she didn't want to think about it anymore just before calling Diane. Diane at least had been shown thinking about it more afterwards but there's certainly still that one obstacle of talking to her father.

Yes. I would just note that we also have no evidence she's NOT putting any effort into it.

It's also possible she DID put effort into it and is stuck anyway. In such case, Justin would be the correct person to talk to too. (Just after trying to explain it to Nase. I mean, hey, I have plush toy who helped me solve several programming problems despite obviously not being able to talk or understand programming. Also, if Dan would want to SHOW Susan trying to understand it better, her talking to Nase would look better than just talking to herself ... ok, she WILL technically still be talking to herself but you know what I mean. She might also talk to Logic and Curiosity, but that wouldn't work well as they are not obvious sides of the issue.)

5 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Sarah's a talented artist. She's seen how Adrian really looks now. It's pretty believable she's noticed the resemblance between Susan and Adrian Raven.

Even if she did (or if Grace told her about how her disguise looked) it might not be enough to raise suspicion. It would definitely not make her sure about it.

... wait, actually, Grace herself might became suspicious. I mean, if her FIRST reaction was to ask Adrian if he has kids, and she will be told he may have ...

16 hours ago, hkmaly said:

It's interesting: before Sister III, we could assume by default that main eight shares almost everything. Now, we have lot of things which is obviously NOT shared and may stay not shared for some time ...

Maybe this is one reason why Dan has decided we need another party, especially one with the entire main eight. There hasn't been a gathering of every one of them since Grace's birthday party nearly a year ago, Moperville time--or thirteen years ago, our time.