• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

Story, Wednesday November 2, 2016

22 minutes ago, Bo Lindbergh said:

The initial information collection step sets off every magical spy alarm for miles around?

At the rate things are going, we may already have a number of vampires interfering with the removal of the clog.

Though I think Pandora would have mentioned that there's still a chance that DGB would notice Sarah even if she didn't tell Edward.

49 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Not sure what to make of the last panel though, I don't get anything ominous about what Tedd said.

Sounds like there is the possibility of a butterfly effect to me.

Just now, Grub said:

My bet is it stops Sarah's brain for the duration of the spell...

No. It's got to be something that happens as she casts the spell, but not something that continues for the duration.

Confirmed that switching bodies within the spell doesn't cause her to switch bodies in real life.  Also, now we know that there is at least one enchantment that isn't a transformation.

10 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

It might take a "snapshot" of the entire universe, since "Box" didn't say there was any range to the spell.

Second row of second panel (although that's just "likely")

11 minutes ago, Howitzer said:

No. It's got to be something that happens as she casts the spell, but not something that continues for the duration.

Or as she leaves/after the spell.

49 minutes ago, PSadlon said:

Sounds like there is the possibility of a butterfly effect to me.

A butterfly effect within the simulation versus the real world?

1 hour ago, Bo Lindbergh said:

The initial information collection step sets off every magical spy alarm for miles around?

That's a distinct possibility--i.e. that casting it is like a huge beacon that could be detected for miles around by anybody able to notice such things, which means that Sarah's body is vulnerable while she is in the mindspace, having just set off a huge "Here I Am" flare.

32 minutes ago, partner555 said:

A butterfly effect within the simulation versus the real world?

Now that's the question isn't it.

Just now, mlooney said:

Yeah, the "During" bit does sound like it could mean a lot.

Unless Tedd just means that the spell does a type of scan of the area as the spell effecting stuff.

I assume Tedd's point is that at the end of the simulation, the experience/memory of it somehow is transferred to Sarah's mind in the real world, otherwise the whole thing would be utterly pointless.

3 hours ago, svenman said:

I assume Tedd's point is that at the end of the simulation, the experience/memory of it somehow is transferred to Sarah's mind in the real world, otherwise the whole thing would be utterly pointless.

The transfer would have to happen during the experience. It's all in Sarah's real mind, anyway, not an external mind. The illusion would just dissipate once she's through with it.

I'm still of the opinion that the creation of the freeze is what consumes so much magic energy.

18 hours ago, Scotty said:

Ok, the energy is basically used in the creation of the simulated space, and nothing Sarah does in that space uses any other energy.

Was already said by Dan on tumblr, more or less. So now we have it in comics to make it more canon.

18 hours ago, Scotty said:
18 hours ago, Bo Lindbergh said:

At the rate things are going, we may already have a number of vampires interfering with the removal of the clog.

Though I think Pandora would have mentioned that there's still a chance that DGB would notice Sarah even if she didn't tell Edward.

Agree, she would definitely mention it. It might set off alarms in range, but that's probably not so big.

11 hours ago, Scotty said:
15 hours ago, mlooney said:

Yeah, the "During" bit does sound like it could mean a lot.

Unless Tedd just means that the spell does a type of scan of the area as the spell effecting stuff.

The spell might collapse the wave function in several blocks ...

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

The spell might collapse the wave function in several blocks ...

Actually, this was another case where I should have read the commentary before making an assumption, of course in this case my assumption seems correct:

" As for what Tedd is referring to in that last panel, it's actually very possible to logically deduce, and here's a question one can consider to help with that: If Sarah's spell creates an accurate simulation of a time stop inside of her mind, what would it logically have to do first? "

The answer, obviously it scans the area that it's going to simulate, and of course:

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Was already said by Dan on tumblr, more or less. So now we have it in comics to make it more canon.

As you pointed out there, Dan said that it generates a spherical wave that takes detailed notes of everything it encounters. It still doesn't really confirm whether electronically stored information is accessible though as Dan has only used books as examples...

15 minutes ago, Scotty said:
5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

As you pointed out there, Dan said that it generates a spherical wave that takes detailed notes of everything it encounters. It still doesn't really confirm whether electronically stored information is accessible though as Dan has only used books as examples...

If you look at date of that post, you might realize that it was done back when Question Mark run as NP - and I was already aware of it back then. I even linked it several times in our discussion, although pretty late. So, if that would confirm electronically stored information, I would already said "this is canon no question about it".

Although the "ridiculously detailed notes" suggest very high precision, it still leaves the question if electronically stored information would be READABLE for Sarah. I mean, it may also happen that the electronically stored information will be recorded but Sarah wouldn't be able to start computer without altering the simulation accuracy too much to read anything useful. So, still open in multiple ways.

1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

If you look at date of that post, you might realize that it was done back when Question Mark run as NP - and I was already aware of it back then. I even linked it several times in our discussion, although pretty late. So, if that would confirm electronically stored information, I would already said "this is canon no question about it".

Although the "ridiculously detailed notes" suggest very high precision, it still leaves the question if electronically stored information would be READABLE for Sarah. I mean, it may also happen that the electronically stored information will be recorded but Sarah wouldn't be able to start computer without altering the simulation accuracy too much to read anything useful. So, still open.

I think I'm having memory issues, it's pretty late here, hehe.

Anyway, I still find it odd that he's only used books as examples of things Sarah could read and have actually asked Dan about it on tumblr if the scan is detailed enough to let Sarah view files on a hard drive, or if it's limited to what was displayed on the screen at the time the spell was cast. That should be clear enough to get a satisfactory answer. Just hoping Dan does answer.

19 hours ago, Scotty said:

Anyway, I still find it odd that he's only used books as examples of things Sarah could read and have actually asked Dan about it on tumblr if the scan is detailed enough to let Sarah view files on a hard drive, or if it's limited to what was displayed on the screen at the time the spell was cast. That should be clear enough to get a satisfactory answer. Just hoping Dan does answer.

FINALLY. I started to think I will be forced to make tumblr account :)