• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
hkmaly

NP Monday, Apr 29, 2019

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp/fantasywasteland-10

"LOVE puzzles". Not only she attacked him, she caused enough damage to make putting him together challenging. Granted, that might be only way to defeat a skeleton.

Also, "cursed skeletons". This opens another option to why would someone bother with creating them: they were not supposed to be efficient fighters - it was a punishment for them. (Also, it means they have spirit of someone originally living trapped inside. Presumably the original owner of the bones.)

I'm pretty impressed Dan drew the skeletons in so much detail. I used to draw skeletons a lot when I was a kid, but I'd always simplify things (like dividing the rib cage into only a few large ribs instead of all of the ribs that would actually be there).

11 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Shouldn't the Skeleton dialogue be presented as if it were <Translated>?

Without Lungs, Larynx, or Lips, I thought Skeletons communicated by rattling in Morse code.

Actually, they are obviously using magic to speak. Also to see and hear. And think. And move. Didn't we just talked about how ineffective they are?

Also, <Translated> is for human languages. We didn't get ANY translation when Grace was talking to squirrel, Jeremy, Max or the boar. Not speaking about the fact that her antennae are not out so she can't use THAT ability.

43 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

I'm pretty impressed Dan drew the skeletons in so much detail. I used to draw skeletons a lot when I was a kid, but I'd always simplify things (like dividing the rib cage into only a few large ribs instead of all of the ribs that would actually be there).

Still simplified (for start, there should be holes between the ribs which we could see the BACK part of ribs in) but yes, there is quite a lot of details and correct number of ribs.

aww_ch03.jpg

Just now, hkmaly said:

Still simplified (for start, there should be holes between the ribs which we could see the BACK part of ribs in) but yes, there is quite a lot of details and correct number of ribs.

He's still come a long way from when he first drew undead.

Anyway, considering these skeletons are sentient, maybe the souls have stayed in them and their energy allows mobility and such, but the bonds holding them together is still pretty fragile so it might not have taken Grace much to cause the one to fall apart, maybe knocking off the head or ever just pushing it over, non of the individual bones broke, but they were scattered about and so the others would need to find them and place them in the right order so that the soul that goes with it can rebind them.

6 minutes ago, Scotty said:
2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

He's still come a long way from when he first drew undead.

I'm pretty sure those were SUPPOSED to be simplified. Chibified, probably. Look at Sarah on next page.

6 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Anyway, considering these skeletons are sentient, maybe the souls have stayed in them and their energy allows mobility and such, but the bonds holding them together is still pretty fragile so it might not have taken Grace much to cause the one to fall apart, maybe knocking off the head or ever just pushing it over, non of the individual bones broke, but they were scattered about and so the others would need to find them and place them in the right order so that the soul that goes with it can rebind them.

You mean that even quite small damage caused the power holding the bones to fail totally and they need to rebuild them completely before "restarting"? Hmmm, that is possible ... not exactly good design but possible.

Just now, hkmaly said:

I'm pretty sure those were SUPPOSED to be simplified. Chibified, probably. Look at Sarah on next page.

Yeah, but the reason he drew them like that was because he though zombies were gross, and chibifying them made them less gross, and the other characters had to be chibified to go with them.

Just now, hkmaly said:

You mean that even quite small damage caused the power holding the bones to fail totally and they need to rebuild them completely before "restarting"? Hmmm, that is possible ... not exactly good design but possible.

Nah it's not good design, but there is comedic value in a town with skeleton residents who have to be very careful how they go about business. My headcanon based on the difference in behaviour between Friday's Comic and Monday's is there's a few skeletons who's job is to scare off intruders, but hopefully not actually fight them. The rest of the residents hide somewhere until it's safe and if their "guards" happen to get their bluff called, they gather them up and take them back to be reassembled.

3 minutes ago, Scotty said:
13 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Yeah, but the reason he drew them like that was because he though zombies were gross, and chibifying them made them less gross, and the other characters had to be chibified to go with them.

It still doesn't show art progress. And possibly not even any other kind of progress - Dan might consider skeletons much less gross than zombies.

4 minutes ago, Scotty said:
14 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Nah it's not good design, but there is comedic value in a town with skeleton residents who have to be very careful how they go about business. My headcanon based on the difference in behaviour between Friday's Comic and Monday's is there's a few skeletons who's job is to scare off intruders, but hopefully not actually fight them. The rest of the residents hide somewhere until it's safe and if their "guards" happen to get their bluff called, they gather them up and take them back to be reassembled.

Hmmm ... unless Grace is more effective fighter than average visitor, that would basically be necessary strategy. In fact, there is probably group of skeletons hiding in bigger distance and visiting periodically for case someone is methodical enough to destroy all skeletons in town. That, or it's multiple towns checking the neighbours periodically. They must be build in circle and check often enough to rebuild if some hero decides to clean them all ...