• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
hkmaly

NP Wednesday, May 1, 2019

8 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

This would be a great place for a montage.

Yeah.  Given how I feel about Video Game comics, a montage of the whole arc would be just freaking fine.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

Yeah.  Given how I feel about Video Game comics, a montage of the whole arc would be just freaking fine.

But does Dan have the next story ready to go yet? I got the impression this was another "stalling for time" arc; likely if he wasn't doing this story we'd instead have another period of random mostly-unconnected joke comics (which would still include a lot of video game strips, because Dan apparently has a lot to say about video games).

Mind you, I'm not opposed to video game strips and arcs as a rule, but they're a lot more fun when I'm actually familiar with the games Dan is commenting on, and Dan's tastes and my tastes in games are different enough that this is pretty rare. Occasionally my not being familiar with the game isn't an issue (going waay back, I found the "Grace the Goddess" arc pretty fun despite never playing "Black and White") but this one sure is falling flat for me.

Yeah, where's Dan's opinion of The Sims?  I'm sure he could do a great parody of their need bars and various social interactions.  Not to mention the game occasionally trying to make you do something mean. ( "Become Enemies with another Sim."  But I don't want to be mean enough to make someone else hate me!  "Weren't you the one deleting the pool ladder two releases ago?"  ....I've matured since then? )

11 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Yeah, where's Dan's opinion of The Sims?  I'm sure he could do a great parody of their need bars and various social interactions.  Not to mention the game occasionally trying to make you do something mean. ( "Become Enemies with another Sim."  But I don't want to be mean enough to make someone else hate me!  "Weren't you the one deleting the pool ladder two releases ago?"  ....I've matured since then? )

... not only I don't play Sims, I suspect I wouldn't enjoy it. Of course, my quota of games I enjoy Dan to parody might be already spent ...

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... not only I don't play Sims, I suspect I wouldn't enjoy it. Of course, my quota of games I enjoy Dan to parody might be already spent ...

I never said you did, I was giving an example of a game I play which Dan hasn't done any comics about.

12 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:
2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I never said you did, I was giving an example of a game I play which Dan hasn't done any comics about.

I meant that if Dan would do a comics about Sims, it would be my turn to be disappointed. Although, as I added, it's possible that there is no game which would be fun for everyone and therefore we must take turns to be disappointed.