• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Sewell

Story Friday, May 3, 2019

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Also, if Noriko had a long-term girlfriend, wouldn't it be almost as bad as being married?

As bad as being married to a man when you'd rather be with a woman?

We don't know why Noriko had Van--or why she kept Van. She could have aborted; she could have given him up for adoption. If she has a partner now, that partner might have influenced those decisions.

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Also, if Noriko had a long-term girlfriend, wouldn't it be almost as bad as being married?

As bad as being married to a man when you'd rather be with a woman?

... I meant for Tedd and/or regarding her chance to get back to Edward, not for her.

We don't know why Noriko had Van--or why she kept Van. She could have aborted; she could have given him up for adoption.

I'm pretty sure that you can't test for magic affinities before birth. In-universe, because interference with mother. Out-of-universe, because Dan would never even think about Noriko having abortion.

Also, I still assume that Van was tested positive for magic talent and that Noriko is satisfied with him. Therefore, no reason to give him to adoption.

Note that the age difference between Tedd and Van being eight year means that it took Noriko quite a lot of time before having him. Assuming she didn't have several other children between them, all tested negatively and all given to adoption, it's because it took her this long to find a suitable partner and convince them to get her pregnant.

If she has a partner now, that partner might have influenced those decisions.

Might. Theoretically. I mean, they would need to be quite brave (or stupid) to go against legendary monster hunter. And she already left head of U.S. paranormal division of FBI who possibly saved the earth few times with his talent to prevent apocalyptic scenarios.

I suspect only way the partner could influenced that decision would be that Noriko would give them choice if they want the child or if the child would go to adoption.

8 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

17 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I think that we have proof here that Dan has thought about abortion at least once. But it's a touchy subject, and since he hasn't brought it up again in seventeen years...

He seems to have mentioned it only as an example of how sleezy and undesirable a location the dojo was in.  That tends to imply either a low opinion of abortion in general, or a realistic idea of how difficult it is to find a location for a health care facility which provides health care to poor women (the rich ones can easily travel to fancy hospitals which provide the same health care services but don't get nearly as much shit for it).

16 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
17 hours ago, hkmaly said:

because Dan would never even think about Noriko having abortion.

I think that we have proof here that Dan has thought about abortion at least once. But it's a touchy subject, and since he hasn't brought it up again in seventeen years...

Also, he claimed it's not canon in commentary.

8 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

He seems to have mentioned it only as an example of how sleezy and undesirable a location the dojo was in.  That tends to imply either a low opinion of abortion in general, or a realistic idea of how difficult it is to find a location for a health care facility which provides health care to poor women (the rich ones can easily travel to fancy hospitals which provide the same health care services but don't get nearly as much shit for it).

Those fancy hospitals mostly don't get as much shit because they don't publicly advertise they are doing it and only mention it to rich people. Also, for rich people, travel is not as big problem as for poor ones in first place.