• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Sewell

Story Wednesday, May 8, 2019

So, Dan got enough confused people to write it into the comics to be sure. MAYBE Nanase heard it before but Justin apparently didn't.

Also, Nanase didn't dated Grace, but, well ... quite possibly knows her body in biblical sense. And the fact Grace would be totally ok with that is very good argument for the goody-two-shoes title.

And Justin seems to be scared of Ashley now.

I think that Justin's skepticism on Ashley's goody-two-shoes-ness stems primarily from him being the only person in the conversation who has not yet actually met Ashley.

27 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Or maybe scared of Grace?

7 minutes ago, ijuin said:

I think that Justin's skepticism on Ashley's goody-two-shoes-ness stems primarily from him being the only person in the conversation who has not yet actually met Ashley.

Primarily, maybe, but Justin has probably heard Susan's impression. Not necessarily Grace's; she says "too soon" about Ashley four times in three panels in this comic, set the day before Ashley's first date with Elliot. Ellen refused to get the message.

Just now, hkmaly said:

Also, Nanase didn't dated Grace, but, well ... quite possibly knows her body in biblical sense. And the fact Grace would be totally ok with that is very good argument for the goody-two-shoes title.

I'm not sure, at the very least Ellen's look is either thinking about "who is the bigger goody-two-shoes?" or "Nanase and Grace...", although she isn't blushing, and her expression would probably also be different if her and Nanase had had some fun with Grace's clone form. Not sure if Nanase would use the form alone.

Just now, hkmaly said:

Scared? Why? He looks more in shock that Grace doesn't think of herself as good, she's seriously not being very "Graceful" right now.

Just now, ijuin said:

Grace hasn't met Ashley yet, and she was also skeptical of Elliot dating her soo soon after having broken up with Sarah.

I'm tempted to write Dan to let him know that some people (well at least this one) were confused by the previous comic even after reading the commentary and following the links. (Incidentally it's very strange to be in the "confused by the comic because I forgot things from previous strips" camp; I guess I need to re-read the last few years of the comic.)

I'm glad the comic points out why Grace was so distracted, though I still think it would have been better for those of us reading it as it comes out if it had been explained in the previous comic or commentary (it won't be much of an issue for those reading it in the archives). (I also still wish Dan wasn't jumping around in the timeline so much.)

As for Grace's goodness, Justin wouldn't be so surprised she doesn't see herself that way if he knew about how she reacted to her part in Damien's death. Of course her feeling guilt over a foe's death is a sign of her goodness, but it also means her assessment of her own goodness will not be as high as that of an outside observer. And while the most dramatic instance, that was hardly an isolated incident; Grace is well aware she is a flawed individual, and the flaws she sees in herself weigh heavily on her.

Incidentally, I hope Justin was just kidding about Grace defending her "title". For one thing, bragging about being the most good individual around is not the sort of thing one would expect the most good individual around to do. For another, when used seriously "goody-two-shoes" is an insult, usually directed at those perceived as self-righteous - not exactly a title most people would want to fight for.

12 hours ago, Scotty said:
16 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I'm not sure, at the very least Ellen's look is either thinking about "who is the bigger goody-two-shoes?" or "Nanase and Grace...", although she isn't blushing, and her expression would probably also be different if her and Nanase had had some fun with Grace's clone form. Not sure if Nanase would use the form alone.

Ellen's look in that panel is interesting but I think the reference isn't THAT direct for her to start thinking about their fun with Grace form enough to blush. At least not as fast. Note she's not in any of the following panels and doesn't react, so she may be blushing there :)

Also note that in Nanase's case, "alone" is relative, as she has Fox. Although I actually assume Ellen and Nanase were together and they transformed FOX to Grace for the fun. Remember that "combined with my magic" ?

(On a related note, I suspect that getting Nanase to summon Fox in mood for fun is about as "hard" for Ellen as it was for Ashley to make Elliot transform to girl with big boobs.)

8 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

I'm tempted to write Dan to let him know that some people (well at least this one) were confused by the previous comic even after reading the commentary and following the links. (Incidentally it's very strange to be in the "confused by the comic because I forgot things from previous strips" camp; I guess I need to re-read the last few years of the comic.)

I only realized why is Grace nervous because someone mentioned it on forum. However, while mentioning it in comments would be good idea, it would be probably ok for people reading it later.

As for Grace's goodness, Justin wouldn't be so surprised she doesn't see herself that way if he knew about how she reacted to her part in Damien's death. Of course her feeling guilt over a foe's death is a sign of her goodness, but it also means her assessment of her own goodness will not be as high as that of an outside observer. And while the most dramatic instance, that was hardly an isolated incident; Grace is well aware she is a flawed individual, and the flaws she sees in herself weigh heavily on her.

Incidentally, I hope Justin was just kidding about Grace defending her "title". For one thing, bragging about being the most good individual around is not the sort of thing one would expect the most good individual around to do.

Yes: In general, any good individual would be underestimating how good they are, and on top of that Grace really have reasons for not see herself as good as others see her ... and is actually actively pretending to be more "bubbly" than she is.

For another, when used seriously "goody-two-shoes" is an insult, usually directed at those perceived as self-righteous - not exactly a title most people would want to fight for.

I suspect Grace has the right combination of goodness and naivety to not see it as insult.

Grace is a horrible monster.

The degree of goodness to which she normally operates, expect of herself, and to which she aspires is sufficiently high that any step down is, to her, like crawling through the sewer.

13 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

For one thing, bragging about being the most good individual around is not the sort of thing one would expect the most good individual around to do. For another, when used seriously "goody-two-shoes" is an insult, usually directed at those perceived as self-righteous - not exactly a title most people would want to fight for.

Goody Two-Shoes didn't start out that way....

13 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Yes, she has quite the reverse Dunning-Kruger effect going there.

36 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:
14 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

For one thing, bragging about being the most good individual around is not the sort of thing one would expect the most good individual around to do. For another, when used seriously "goody-two-shoes" is an insult, usually directed at those perceived as self-righteous - not exactly a title most people would want to fight for.

Goody Two-Shoes didn't start out that way....

I don't want to insult poor people, but it is really better to have one shoe instead of none? It must be quite hard to walk with just one shoe, unless it has practically no heel ...

Ellen seems to rather like the idea of Nanase "dating" Grace... while they canonically have the watch, I wonder if Ellen would prefer someone else use it.  (...or possibly the actual Grace.)

13 hours ago, WR...S said:

Ellen seems to rather like the idea of Nanase "dating" Grace... while they canonically have the watch, I wonder if Ellen would prefer someone else use it.  (...or possibly the actual Grace.)

Did you missed me reminding Fox?