• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
hkmaly

Story Friday, May 10, 2019

http://egscomics.com/comic/party-011

Since the SECOND date? So, she somehow managed to hide from Liz that she saw griffins and that Elliot is Cheerleadra, but ... wait. She didn't needed to hide EVERYTHING. Her seeing griffin was public fact, so she had at least something she could talk about and hide the secret details under.

Second date, meanwhile? Let's see ... she's wizard, secret. Wizards exists, secret. Aberrations, secret. She was kidnapped by two, secret. Due to Magus needing Elliot, secret.

She MIGHT mention being kidnapped, but it would be quite hard to explain how she was so unfortunate to be kidnapped on date which was in Elliot's home, then let go without paying anything and without police appearing around ... and, frankly, it's not what's concerns her most anyway.

And on top of that, now she's actually aware that all that secret stuff is actually being kept secret by secret organization.

And they are going to tell her even more secrets. I suspect that if they don't find out Liz is marked she's going to lose her as friend. Also, Liz might suspect she's gotten in some sect. Which might technically be true.

Just now, hkmaly said:

Since the SECOND date? So, she somehow managed to hide from Liz that she saw griffins and that Elliot is Cheerleadra, but ... wait. She didn't needed to hide EVERYTHING. Her seeing griffin was public fact, so she had at least something she could talk about and hide the secret details under.

She probably already gave Liz her cover story for what happened on the first date, that was probably pretty easy. the second date however,

Just now, hkmaly said:

Second date, meanwhile? Let's see ... she's wizard, secret. Wizards exists, secret. Aberrations, secret. She was kidnapped by two, secret. Due to Magus needing Elliot, secret.

Exactly, how could she explain getting kidnapped by an alternate universe version of Elliot possessing Elliot and a bodysnatcher possessing Ellen, and going through a lot of crap and then finding out she's now a wizard?

Just now, hkmaly said:

She MIGHT mention being kidnapped, but it would be quite hard to explain how she was so unfortunate to be kidnapped on date which was in Elliot's home, then let go without paying anything and without police appearing around ... and, frankly, it's not what's concerns her most anyway.

It's possible mentioning anything about the second date is probably going to make Liz think that Elliot is bad for Ashley on account that trouble seems to always find him.

And yeah, it's also more likely that it wasn't the dates going the way they did that's bothering her, but the ramifications of her being a wizard that's the issue.

Just now, hkmaly said:

And on top of that, now she's actually aware that all that secret stuff is actually being kept secret by secret organization.

I suspect she might have had a feeling there were organizations that specialized in that anyway, I mean, she must have seen Arthur on TV.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Elliot would not want Ashley to chose between him and Liz.

Unfortunately, that is EXACTLY the position in which Ashley now finds herself.

I dunno, Ashley's behaviour might end up pushing Elliot away too if he's unable to talk to her about it. One of the reasons Ashley was excited about meeting Elliot was the fact that he could transform and they have some fun with that on the first date (before the Tara started causing a scene). If Ashley is unable to get enthused by Elliot's abilities, there's a chance their relationship might wind up like Elliot and Sarah's did.

I think I see something unprecedented in Panel 5: Liz is actually touching someone. 

If we get to see lunch, we might get to see Liz and Ashley sitting with Elliot and Tedd. This could prove interesting.

12 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Elliot would not want Ashley to chose between him and Liz.

Unfortunately, that is EXACTLY the position in which Ashley now finds herself.

Even if Ashley stops dating Elliot, she STILL couldn't tell Liz anything. It's not Elliot making her choose. It's ... hmmmm ... Pandora. I mean, this is direct consequence of Pandora's convoluted plan how to give Magus body.

11 hours ago, Scotty said:
13 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Exactly, how could she explain getting kidnapped by an alternate universe version of Elliot possessing Elliot and a bodysnatcher possessing Ellen, and going through a lot of crap and then finding out she's now a wizard?

... it would actually be hard to explain even if she COULD tell her all that top secret stuff.

It's possible mentioning anything about the second date is probably going to make Liz think that Elliot is bad for Ashley on account that trouble seems to always find him.

... which is actually true, however it's totally worth it as it gives her access to transformations ... which she can't talk about.

If Ashley is unable to get enthused by Elliot's abilities, there's a chance their relationship might wind up like Elliot and Sarah's did.

... assuming, of course, she will still be able to have fun with it, which she may not.

13 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I suspect she might have had a feeling there were organizations that specialized in that anyway, I mean, she must have seen Arthur on TV.

She did NOT. EDWARD wouldn't see it if not warned in advance. Originally, interview with vice president was supposed to be in that time slot: students are not likely to watch such stuff.

It makes more sense saying she would be afraid due to seeing Man in Black. Or X-Files.

Anyway, having feeling like that and knowing for sure it's true and that they know about YOU is something little different.

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

I think I see something unprecedented in Panel 5: Liz is actually touching someone. 

We didn't saw Liz so often, there is no reason for this to be so unprecedented. And even Susan did more touching already.

Just now, hkmaly said:

She did NOT. EDWARD wouldn't see it if not warned in advance. Originally, interview with vice president was supposed to be in that time slot: students are not likely to watch such stuff.

Cranium called Edward because she probably suspected he might not have been aware that Arthur was planning on going onto LIVE TV. If Ashley had heard about something happening at the comic shop, she might have tuned into the news to hear more. Or at the very least someone recorded it and uploaded it to youtube or whatever and it went viral.

16 minutes ago, Scotty said:
21 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Cranium called Edward because she probably suspected he might not have been aware that Arthur was planning on going onto LIVE TV. If Ashley had heard about something happening at the comic shop, she might have tuned into the news to hear more. Or at the very least someone recorded it and uploaded it to youtube or whatever and it went viral.

She probably COULD see it if she wanted, as yes, someone probably recorded it and uploaded, or maybe the TV allows to see it later.

But there is no "must". She didn't needed to see it. She also probably didn't found Charlotte's web: it's publicly available, but not so directly connected to Elliot it would be likely for her to find it.

Nor is the comic shop. She had no reason to suspect Elliot was in the comic shop when something happened there until she found he's cheerleadra.

... also, timeline. At that time, Elliot still dated Sarah. He didn't even started the reviews yet. It's before timeskip ... it's possible Ashley was still dating Bad Tom at that time! ... or maybe she started dating him later after that.

So, actually, IF she saw it, it was AFTER the first date when she might wanted to look at some stuff about Cheerleadra.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

She probably COULD see it if she wanted, as yes, someone probably recorded it and uploaded, or maybe the TV allows to see it later.

But there is no "must". She didn't needed to see it. She also probably didn't found Charlotte's web: it's publicly available, but not so directly connected to Elliot it would be likely for her to find it.

Nor is the comic shop. She had no reason to suspect Elliot was in the comic shop when something happened there until she found he's cheerleadra.

... also, timeline. At that time, Elliot still dated Sarah. He didn't even started the reviews yet. It's before timeskip ... it's possible Ashley was still dating Bad Tom at that time! ... or maybe she started dating him later after that.

So, actually, IF she saw it, it was AFTER the first date when she might wanted to look at some stuff about Cheerleadra.

There is also the fact that everyone, including Liz, was talking about Cheerleadra at school the next day. Ashley could have heard from her, become interested and searched for any videos about it.

Also Ashley read about Elliot fighting the goo monster.

48 minutes ago, Scotty said:

There is also the fact that everyone, including Liz, was talking about Cheerleadra at school the next day. Ashley could have heard from her, become interested and searched for any videos about it.

Well, ok, she could. But we can't be sure about that. Video actually showing cheerleadra, that's easy to believe. Video with someone talking about it, even if viral in some circles ...

... that is, unless the video became viral due to that "wizards would be prone to obesity" joke. That does have the potential to became meme shared and spread by everyone.

49 minutes ago, Scotty said:

That happened INSIDE THE SCHOOL ITSELF. Considerably more reasons to see it.

So, Liz is clearly pretty unhappy with this situation - and Dan hates to leave his characters unhappy. I predict that by the end of the school year Liz will have been let in on the Magic Masqurade and the fact that Elliot and his friends (and now Ashley too) can use magic. (This may or may not wind up being related to the magic mark Liz was implied to have.) I wouldn't even be hugely surprised if she winds up invited to this party (though I still think it more likely Dan will try to keep the number of guests down to the main 8 plus Ashley).

4 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

So, Liz is clearly pretty unhappy with this situation - and Dan hates to leave his characters unhappy. I predict that by the end of the school year Liz will have been let in on the Magic Masqurade and the fact that Elliot and his friends (and now Ashley too) can use magic. (This may or may not wind up being related to the magic mark Liz was implied to have.) I wouldn't even be hugely surprised if she winds up invited to this party (though I still think it more likely Dan will try to keep the number of guests down to the main 8 plus Ashley).

Ideas where this could go from here:

Liz angrily confronts Elliot, which leads to another one of those public spectacles in the cafeteria.

If she has been marked, this could be the moment when she manifests her magic abilities for the first time (magic likes drama).

If Elliot and the others are there, they might be able to cover this up.

This would also be a good reason to bring her up to speed and invite her as well.

If Liz *is* marked, and has a magic ability, she's obviously not telling Ashley about it.  Perhaps she'll be mad at Ashley for not sharing, and then realize she's being hypocritical, and tell Ashley about her spell, whatever it is.

Just now, CritterKeeper said:

If Liz *is* marked, and has a magic ability, she's obviously not telling Ashley about it.  Perhaps she'll be mad at Ashley for not sharing, and then realize she's being hypocritical, and tell Ashley about her spell, whatever it is.

If Liz has realized that she could do magic, what's stopping her from just telling Ashley in order to get Ashley to say what's bothering her?

3 hours ago, Scotty said:
5 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

If Liz has realized that she could do magic, what's stopping her from just telling Ashley in order to get Ashley to say what's bothering her?

I suspect her spell is something so unexpected she didn't realized she's using magic even if she already casted it.

... given how much time passed since she was marked, it's actually more likely than her not casting it yet.

14 hours ago, detrius said:
19 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Ideas where this could go from here:

Liz angrily confronts Elliot, which leads to another one of those public spectacles in the cafeteria.

If she has been marked, this could be the moment when she manifests her magic abilities for the first time (magic likes drama).

If Elliot and the others are there, they might be able to cover this up.

This would also be a good reason to bring her up to speed and invite her as well.

Liz angrily confronts Elliot and then use her magic to cover it up. She will be as surprised with what happened as Elliot, but Tedd will be around and realizes she used magic.

... no, I also don't have idea how exactly she can use magic to cover the incident or why would that incident need covering.