• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Sewell

Story Friday, May 17, 2019

Grace needs to work on her poker skills. So does Sarah. And Elliot. Hey, they should totally play poker at the party. ... probably not strip poker, though. Nanase and Ellen would be ok with that but Grace wouldn't see the point and Sarah and Susan would definitely object.

Note: While Grace's observation abilities would seem to put her at advantage, It might not be enough to make her win. After all, Riker was winning against empath, android and someone who can see through the cards.

Also, how will The Legend of Diane become relevant? Is Diane coming after all?

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

"The Legend of Diane", except for all the flashbacks, all happened on the Monday after Pandora's apocalypse. That was eight days ago. Given the orders given by Rhoda, Diane and Lucy must go on a date by themselves and then have dinner with Rhoda and Catalina, unless they did both over the last weekend, it's quite possible they're doing one or both this weekend.

Diane was also thinking about hanging out with Susan after school that day to talk about herself and Lucy. I could see Susan coming to that dinner, a situation a bit like "Night Out" with our (expanded) gang split into two parties.

Or Dan may leave out the Susan-Diane-Lucy-Rhoda-Catalina situation for the rest of "Title Pending". We should all gather rocks to throw at Dan in case he does this.

I really like Sarah's outfit here, it looks good on her!

Also, she's wearing a watch, but doesn't appear to be transformed, Dan pretty much confirmed it too:

Maybe if Dan continues the scene on Monday we'll what the watch does.

6 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I dunno if this means that she'll attend, but her and Susan might talk at some point before the party, if Susan mentions the party and not wanting to go, Diane might say something that changes her mind. It's clear neither of them have talked about what happened, but maybe Diane finally breaks that silence, maybe she'll see how Susan's handling it, compare it to how she's handling it, and decide it's time to rip the bandaid off.

Oh, I just realized, Sarah's seeing Sam again on Friday, and Grace is remembering what Sam told her, if Sam does go through with telling Sarah that he isn't sure he wants to date, and keep things platonic between him and Sarah, what emotional state would that put Sarah in and will it effect her behaviour at the party?

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

I really like Sarah's outfit here, it looks good on her!

... how did I missed it on first read? ... yes, it looks good.

Also, she's wearing a watch, but doesn't appear to be transformed, Dan pretty much confirmed it too:

Well I agree that she looks slimmer but ok it might be the outfit ...

hmmmmm .... well ok maybe it just shortens hair.

17 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I dunno if this means that she'll attend, but her and Susan might talk at some point before the party, if Susan mentions the party and not wanting to go, Diane might say something that changes her mind. It's clear neither of them have talked about what happened, but maybe Diane finally breaks that silence, maybe she'll see how Susan's handling it, compare it to how she's handling it, and decide it's time to rip the bandaid off.

Makes sense. It would be way to make Diane relevant without cluttering the party with more characters.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

Oh, I just realized, Sarah's seeing Sam again on Friday, and Grace is remembering what Sam told her, if Sam does go through with telling Sarah that he isn't sure he wants to date, and keep things platonic between him and Sarah, what emotional state would that put Sarah in and will it effect her behaviour at the party?

It might, but probably not fatally. I don't see anything stupid she might rush to do there.

Just now, hkmaly said:

well ok maybe it just shortens hair.

That's a possibility, but she has her own watch for that and can use it at home, unless she just forgot to take it off, or maybe they did some transformation stuff earlier (or are going to do some in a bit) and she used it to set her hair back.

Just now, hkmaly said:

It might, but probably not fatally. I don't see anything stupid she might rush to do there.

I'm not entirely sure, Sarah's been trying to convince people that she's not hung up on Elliot, or jealous that he's showing more initiative with Ashley than he did with her. But I do wonder if the fact that Elliot's on girlfriend #3 and Sarah's struggling to find someone to be with romantically, it might be wearing on her self esteem. There might be a emotional breakdown at worst.

19 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Grace needs to work on her poker skills. So does Sarah. And Elliot. Hey, they should totally play poker at the party. ... probably not strip poker, though. Nanase and Ellen would be ok with that but Grace wouldn't see the point and Sarah and Susan would definitely object.

Sarah would want to not object, but I suspect mixed-company nudity is still far outside her tolerances.

19 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Note: While Grace's observation abilities would seem to put her at advantage, It might not be enough to make her win. After all, Riker was winning against empath, android and someone who can see through the cards.

Wait, what?  Did they actually have that poker game onscreen and I missed it?  I had, I confess, a short fanfic called "Cheaters' Poker" in which the four of them played a poker game where anything goes -- Geordi got to pick the deck, Data got to shuffle and deal, Troi could use her empathic ability (and her telepathy to, ah, distract Riker), and Riker got to "cheat the old-fashioned way."  Naturally, Riker won. ;-)

15 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Given the orders given by Rhoda, Diane and Lucy must go on a date by themselves and then have dinner with Rhoda and Catalina, unless they did both over the last weekend, it's quite possible they're doing one or both this weekend.

1) Rhoda is turning into quite the Domme, isn't she?

2) Perhaps that dinner is when Rhoda and Catalina decide to reveal their magic to Diane?  I can think of several ways the conversation could go that would make the reveal quite natural.  Only question will be, does Lucy have a mark too, or will she end up being to this group what Sarah used to be to the Main Eight?

Diane was also thinking about hanging out with Susan after school that day to talk about herself and Lucy. I could see Susan coming to that dinner, a situation a bit like "Night Out" with our (expanded) gang split into two parties.

Or, maybe Diane and Susan finally sit down and talk about magic between the rejected invite in the hall and the party itself.  If she finds out that Diane talked about magic with Rhoda and Catalina, and they all had questions, it might get Susan to start talking with her friends, too, if nothing else to try to get some answers for them.  Elliot isn't the only one who can take the initiative to help someone else, even when they won't for themselves.  It could become a party tradition. ;-)

Or Dan may leave out the Susan-Diane-Lucy-Rhoda-Catalina situation for the rest of "Title Pending". We should all gather rocks to throw at Dan in case he does this.

I can wait as long as it does get addressed eventually.  Of course, he may address it via a couple of casual lines after the fact, or by Susan describing the conversation second-hand.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

Yeah, I really hope Susan talks with someone soon.  

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

Ooh, good point!  Sarah may not be in the mood for light-hearted play.  Hmm, could Dan be setting up reasons for everyone to be in a bad mood for the party?

48 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Sarah would want to not object, but I suspect mixed-company nudity is still far outside her tolerances.

At least, mixed company beyond Tedd and Grace. Though she'd likely still deny being comfortable with it.

51 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Wait, what?  Did they actually have that poker game onscreen and I missed it?  I had, I confess, a short fanfic called "Cheaters' Poker" in which the four of them played a poker game where anything goes -- Geordi got to pick the deck, Data got to shuffle and deal, Troi could use her empathic ability (and her telepathy to, ah, distract Riker), and Riker got to "cheat the old-fashioned way."  Naturally, Riker won. ;-)

"Cause and Effect" had a poker game as part of the chain of events that got repeated, and IIRC, they do question whether or not Data was stacking the deck (he actually does later), but I do recall another episode, I think Riker and Worf get into a heated round of trying to bluff each other cus Riker was upset about Worf getting together with Trois, was that in "All Good Things"?

I think it would be neat if Pandora crashes the party, but I'm not counting on seeing her soon.

However, there are three Immortals who love parties: Zeus, Helena, and Demetrius. Remember how much Helena wanted to join the karaoke contest last year? 

3 hours ago, Scotty said:
5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I'm not entirely sure, Sarah's been trying to convince people that she's not hung up on Elliot, or jealous that he's showing more initiative with Ashley than he did with her. But I do wonder if the fact that Elliot's on girlfriend #3 and Sarah's struggling to find someone to be with romantically, it might be wearing on her self esteem. There might be a emotional breakdown at worst.

Emotional breakdown is not something to do, it's something to have. Something to do would be, for example, to have sex with some stranger, but those wouldn't be available at the party ... IMHO only person on party Sarah would like to have sex with, breakdown or not, would be Elliot, and he's not doing it.

3 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

I think the game itself was not onscreen (or just small bits of it, like in Cause and Effect), but that there are shots showing that Riker had biggest pile of tokens in front of him. And yes, of course, they may be too honest to cheat. In fact, wasn't somewhere mentioned that Data is unable to bluff?

(Note that Cause and Effect doesn't include Geordi nor Diane.)

2) Perhaps that dinner is when Rhoda and Catalina decide to reveal their magic to Diane?  I can think of several ways the conversation could go that would make the reveal quite natural.  Only question will be, does Lucy have a mark too, or will she end up being to this group what Sarah used to be to the Main Eight?

... and if she will end up as Sarah, how long would that last? As long as with Sarah?

Or, maybe Diane and Susan finally sit down and talk about magic between the rejected invite in the hall and the party itself.  If she finds out that Diane talked about magic with Rhoda and Catalina, and they all had questions, it might get Susan to start talking with her friends, too, if nothing else to try to get some answers for them.  Elliot isn't the only one who can take the initiative to help someone else, even when they won't for themselves.  It could become a party tradition. ;-)

Wait, what is the timeline again? Is there enough time for this BEFORE the party?

Ooh, good point!  Sarah may not be in the mood for light-hearted play.  Hmm, could Dan be setting up reasons for everyone to be in a bad mood for the party?

You know, I'm pretty sure if they WANT to be in mood in party it can be helped magically. Tedd only needs to copy the effect of Elliot's party form.

... also, I suspect even simple FV5 would be enough to put most of cast into more light-hearted mood.

I'm not sure how bad idea it would be, but IMHO better than getting drunk. Especially considering everyone being girl would ensure noone ends up pregnant.

At least, mixed company beyond Tedd and Grace. Though she'd likely still deny being comfortable with it.

I think she likes to pretend all those cases she was naked were accident. I mean, pretend even to herself.

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

I think it would be neat if Pandora crashes the party, but I'm not counting on seeing her soon.

I also think it would be too soon. Also, I think it would complicate stuff too much.

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

However, there are three Immortals who love parties: Zeus, Helena, and Demetrius. Remember how much Helena wanted to join the karaoke contest last year? 

Hmmmm ... their motivation for not joining IS weaker this year, and we already know even the protection spells on Edward's house can't stop immortals.

Now, I suspect Zeus would prefer party with older guests, but maybe he would consider it better than nothing?

(Also, there is just one immortal who MIGHT not like parties: Voltaire. I suspect liking parties is default for immortals.)

3 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Now, I suspect Zeus would prefer party with older guests, but maybe he would consider it better than nothing?

Also, Zeus doesn't know when Pandora is coming back. Best to keep an eye on her family...

8 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:
13 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Also, Zeus doesn't know when Pandora is coming back. Best to keep an eye on her family...

Exactly the idea behind "better than nothing". He may either still fear her, or she might've got a vow from him, OR Jerry's vow is still in effect ; therefore he would still keep eye on Diane and Susan, and IF Susan would be present, it would be his best chance at being on party in long time.

54 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:
9 hours ago, Scotty said:

In a totally unexpected twist, it will... tell the time.

That would be really unexpected, considering it doesn't have display nor dial. Although I guess it could work like you press it and it speaks ...

6 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Well, at this party, there is only one confirmed person who is not female or able to transform to female at-will, and he's confirmed to be attracted to males rather than females . . .

Wait, what is the timeline again? Is there enough time for this BEFORE the party?

The current scene is on Tuesday after school. The party will be the coming Saturday. That leaves about 90 hours until the party.

17 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Well, at this party, there is only one confirmed person who is not female or able to transform to female at-will, and he's confirmed to be attracted to males rather than females . . .

But Justin revealed he does have an interest in becoming female for at least a couple of situations. I wonder if pizza delivery guy Matt Cohen will be smitten by "Justine".

1 hour ago, ijuin said:
4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

The current scene is on Tuesday after school. The party will be the coming Saturday. That leaves about 90 hours until the party.

Meanwhile, Legend of Diane ... (checking) ... it happened all on Monday didn't it? Not counting flashbacks.

And we didn't saw Susan in Tuesday in any storyline yet ...

1 hour ago, ijuin said:
7 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

... that only means that the company is even more mixed :)

Also, I'm not sure how comfortable would Sarah be about lesbians and bisexuals looking at her either. She wasn't exactly comfortable with Ellen and Grace in MV5 ... sure, we are not sure when exactly that happened, but still.

Meanwhile, Legend of Diane ... (checking) ... it happened all on Monday didn't it? Not counting flashbacks.

It happened the previous week, the timeline pretty much is "Legend of Diane" first(happened on the Monday following the attack on the mall), followed by "Secret of Sam" (Wednesday to this just past Monday) blending into "Unnamed Party Story" (this past Saturday to at least this coming Saturday)

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Also, I'm not sure how comfortable would Sarah be about lesbians and bisexuals looking at her either. She wasn't exactly comfortable with Ellen and Grace in MV5 ... sure, we are not sure when exactly that happened, but still.

We just know that MV5 takes place before Squirrel Prophet, and Sarah's frustration over people thinking of her as a sister implies it's after her and Elliot broke up, which happened just after Christmas, that gives roughly a two week window for MV5 to take place.