• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
heroesofcrash

5/18/19 - No Rest for the Formerly Wicked

ComicNumber744.png

TheHeroesOfCRASH.com

Shadowy Sentinel learned long ago that crime doesn't pay... but heroism has longer work hours.

Before I get into the details of today's strip, I want to address two things. First of all, we're BACK, BABY! I didn't want to say anything and jinx it until I got something online, but I got a new external hard drive, and I managed to free up enough space to get things working better. And so I have a new comic up, just before my birthday!

That brings me to the other thing I want to address: this is your LAST CHANCE to enter my birthday #contest! I'll accept entries all the way up through 11:59PM EST on May 19th. I've gotten a few entries for the regular contest, but I haven't gotten ANY entries for the Generated Fan Art category, so if you want a chance at winning that category, just make a video game character that looks like one of my heroes! Good luck!

ContestRulesAsOf2017.png

Okay, on to the details of today's strip! I haven't drawn Shadowy Sentinel in ages, and I found myself updating her appearance a little - mostly her hairstyle. It's still a bit angular close to her head, but then becomes loose and wavy the further it gets from its starting point - kinda representative on how she started as a tough, harsh villain, but eventually softened when she became a hero. Artistically, it probably shows I've slowly moved away from my comic's anime-related roots as I've developed my own style.

There's a little less variety with the background colors here. I wanted to emphasize that it's getting late, plus Shadowy Sentinel seems at home with a dark, cool-colored background. Not sure how comforting a dark room is for students she's counseling, though... Also, I gave her door a keyhole on her side, but not the outside. This was initially an accident; I was going to put the keyhole on both sides, but then realized I hadn't drawn one on the previous page. My official, rationalized reasons for the keyhole being on the inside are to ensure privacy during counseling sessions, and in case of a supervillain lockdown.