• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Sewell

Story Monday, May 20, 2018

Tedd apparently missed that Grace has additional reasons to be extra careful when telling that story to Sarah.

Sarah might still realize who that was.

Also, uh, Tedd, not only it can be classmate, it's not exactly safe to talk about stuff like this in front of normal classmates either, isn't it? I mean, sure, they will probably assume you are talking about some game or something, but still.

Now, can we get that voice in Dan's head to be saying this more often?

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Tedd apparently missed that Grace has additional reasons to be extra careful when telling that story to Sarah.

He didn't miss it, Grace would have kept Sam's secret from him as well, so Tedd just believes that this was a random encounter that the gang would all hear about eventually anyway. Not his fault he doesn't know Sam's at the heart of it.

Actually, I'm surprised that Tedd didn't jump to any conclusions that it was Pandora that marked  "the person", unless she didn't actually confirm they were marked when talking to Edward. Would Sarah jump to that conclusion?

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Dunno if she'll catch it from Grace's story, or if Sam says something on Friday that makes Sarah think "Wait, Grace knew?!" My only evidence to this possibility is the fact that Sam had asked around about Grace before, he might mention talking to Grace about Sarah like "Grace seems like we're good for each other, but I'm just not sure I'm ready for anything serious with anyone yet."

It is odd that Sarah hasn't picked up on Grace's hesitations and awkwardness around the subject of Sam (the unenthused "yaaaaay" from the previous comic fir instance), but maybe it'll all click Friday.

6 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Also, uh, Tedd, not only it can be classmate, it's not exactly safe to talk about stuff like this in front of normal classmates either, isn't it? I mean, sure, they will probably assume you are talking about some game or something, but still.

I think it might be the idea that "Smoke" could hide anywhere, even if it appeared that there was no one close enough to hear anything, "Smoke" could be hiding in a locker or something.

11 hours ago, Scotty said:
17 hours ago, hkmaly said:

He didn't miss it, Grace would have kept Sam's secret from him as well, so Tedd just believes that this was a random encounter that the gang would all hear about eventually anyway. Not his fault he doesn't know Sam's at the heart of it.

Not his fault he missed it of course, but I think there were clues that Grace doesn't want to talk about it specifically with Sarah.

Actually, I'm surprised that Tedd didn't jump to any conclusions that it was Pandora that marked  "the person", unless she didn't actually confirm they were marked when talking to Edward. Would Sarah jump to that conclusion?

What makes you think he didn't jumped?

Dunno if she'll catch it from Grace's story, or if Sam says something on Friday that makes Sarah think "Wait, Grace knew?!" My only evidence to this possibility is the fact that Sam had asked around about Grace before, he might mention talking to Grace about Sarah like "Grace seems like we're good for each other, but I'm just not sure I'm ready for anything serious with anyone yet."

It is odd that Sarah hasn't picked up on Grace's hesitations and awkwardness around the subject of Sam (the unenthused "yaaaaay" from the previous comic fir instance), but maybe it'll all click Friday.

The awkwardness around the subject of Sam is what I'm speaking about. Sure, it would be jumping to conclusion unless Grace is really not careful or unless Sam says something, but there is chance that with the same awkwardness of both topics and everything which Grace WILL say matching Sarah might reach such conclusion.

I think it might be the idea that "Smoke" could hide anywhere, even if it appeared that there was no one close enough to hear anything, "Smoke" could be hiding in a locker or something.

Oh, right. And Nanase and her "how many people are looking" spell is in the other school.

I still think they are not careful enough when talking about such topics in school. "Close enough to hear" is hard to predict correctly.

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Not his fault he missed it of course, but I think there were clues that Grace doesn't want to talk about it specifically with Sarah.

The only clue would be her hesitation when Tedd asked if she told Sarah about it. I doubt Grace would have said anything that would hint that Sarah also knows the person, that would narrow down the field too much because, it'd be like "why doesn't Grace want to tell Sarah, does she know the person that can transform? who else besides us does she know? Oh she's seeing that Sam guy from the card tournament now, is that who Grace is talking about? but why does she not want Sarah to know he can transform?"

No evidence to suggest he did yet, I suspect that Tedd would be really eager to meet them, of course Grace likely left out the fact that Sam was marked shortly after visiting Tedd.

Oh, right. And Nanase and her "how many people are looking" spell is in the other school.

Not that Nanase really needs to hide her being magical in MSHS, though it would be problematic if "Smoke" attended that school since they could identify Grace.

13 hours ago, Scotty said:
On 5/21/2019 at 1:29 AM, hkmaly said:

The only clue would be her hesitation when Tedd asked if she told Sarah about it.

Hmmm ... I was considering the whole "didn't told her yet", but on second hand, Tedd only just arrived and Grace likely didn't saw Sarah between the encounter and now, so ... ok, totally not kinds of clues he would be able to notice BEFORE asking.

No evidence to suggest he did yet, I suspect that Tedd would be really eager to meet them, of course Grace likely left out the fact that Sam was marked shortly after visiting Tedd.

Might be eager but likely not so much to press matter if Grace wouldn't want to tell him who it is.

Not that Nanase really needs to hide her being magical in MSHS, though it would be problematic if "Smoke" attended that school since they could identify Grace.

Well ... sure it's too late for that now, but I suspect she's still trying, and she's definitely trying to hide other stuff. I think that even with Nanase and Ellen being local "meddling teenagers" celebrities, it is not widely known that Ellen, too, has magic.

1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

Hmmm ... I was considering the whole "didn't told her yet", but on second hand, Tedd only just arrived and Grace likely didn't saw Sarah between the encounter and now, so ... ok, totally not kinds of clues he would be able to notice BEFORE asking.

Well yeah, the whole thing that happened with Sam and "Smoke" was just the night before, so she's only had the chance to go home, tell Tedd and Edward, go to bed, wake up, go to school, go home, and then Sarah comes over. If Tedd wasn't concerned about the possibility of "Smoke" being a student of MNHS and that it was Grace's story to tell, he would have mentioned it to Sarah earlier. In fact, if Tedd did tell Sarah, he probably would have said it differently enough that there'd be even less of a chance of Sarah thinking that Sam was involved, and Grace wouldn't feel like she's lying to Sarah by not saying it was Sam that was involved.

18 minutes ago, Scotty said:
29 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Well yeah, the whole thing that happened with Sam and "Smoke" was just the night before, so she's only had the chance to go home, tell Tedd and Edward, go to bed, wake up, go to school, go home, and then Sarah comes over.

It was actually early evening. I suppose she returned to the store afterwards and STILL came home with few hours left before going to bed, BUT obviously Sarah was not scheduled to visit at that time.

20 minutes ago, Scotty said:

If Tedd wasn't concerned about the possibility of "Smoke" being a student of MNHS and that it was Grace's story to tell, he would have mentioned it to Sarah earlier. In fact, if Tedd did tell Sarah, he probably would have said it differently enough that there'd be even less of a chance of Sarah thinking that Sam was involved, and Grace wouldn't feel like she's lying to Sarah by not saying it was Sam that was involved.

Yes, it's obvious Grace hoped Tedd will tell Sarah instead of her. But she didn't tell him that and probably didn't even show enough clues for man to pick.