• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Sewell

Story Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Seems Grace already said the story several times ... she's starting to optimizing it and answering questions before they are asked.

Also, I hope she's paying attention and realize that asking random people if they made a deal with an immortal isn't good idea.

It didn't quite qualify as "random people". It was someone (a) she was already keeping secrets for and (b) knew was transformed in a way they liked and had at least a little experience with.

Still, I'm pretty sure that Sam hadn't previously known that Grace knew anything about magic. Or about immortals. Now he not only knows that, he also knows that Grace can transform - and that there's something odd about her transformation as compared to his.

2 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

It didn't quite qualify as "random people". It was someone (a) she was already keeping secrets for and (b) knew was transformed in a way they liked and had at least a little experience with.

They would qualify as "random people" as far as Sarah knows.

2 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Still, I'm pretty sure that Sam hadn't previously known that Grace knew anything about magic. Or about immortals. Now he not only knows that, he also knows that Grace can transform - and that there's something odd about her transformation as compared to his.

Definitely. And it SHOULD've stayed that way.

If someone is going to be the visible face of magic, someone fledgeling Dreamers and Awakened could find out about and go to for information and advice, then Grace is certainly the best able to defend herself, and she's proven she can keep other people's secrets, even if she is more free with her own secrets than Edward would have preferred.

6 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Seems Grace already said the story several times ... she's starting to optimizing it and answering questions before they are asked.

She might have spent the rest of the night at the comic shop rehearsing how to tell Edward what happened while keeping Sam's identity secret.

6 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Also, I hope she's paying attention and realize that asking random people if they made a deal with an immortal isn't good idea.

She wants to talk to Rhoda remember? Yeah Grace already figures that Pandora marked her and Rhoda's not a random person, but Grace still needs to bring up the subject somehow and doesn't know that Rhoda awakened, and that Pandora gave her a spellbook, I imagine telling Rhoda about what happened to Pandora will bring up the feels again.

7 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

The way Grace explained things to Sam was pretty plausible, how there's some spells that can't be copied, there are different kinds of magic users, her abilities wouldn't seem that odd once Sam was made aware of that. That and after learning about powerful beings that can sneak into homes and give people magic marks, plus hearing about griffins and monsters and cheerleader themed superheroes, Sam probably already thinks that anything is possible and Grace is just a drop in the bucket.

4 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

If someone is going to be the visible face of magic, someone fledgeling Dreamers and Awakened could find out about and go to for information and advice, then Grace is certainly the best able to defend herself, and she's proven she can keep other people's secrets, even if she is more free with her own secrets than Edward would have preferred.

She understands the whole "must keep my alien heritage secret" deal because it affects more than just her, the rest of it though, her transformations, etc, if she can pass it off as a form of magic, she feels that shouldn't be secret and it should be her choice whether she can trust someone enough to tell them about it.

13 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Hmmm ... it's true that Grace is definitely able to defend herself ... however, I suspect there are few other people who might be even more qualified ... like ...

• Arthur Arthur
  • Adrian Raven
  • Edward Verres
  • Agent Wolf
  • Agent Cranium
  • Noriko Verres
  • basically anyone from DGB
  • Nanase

... just a short list :)

It's true that if you consider DGB enemy who shouldn't know about those fledglings, the list gets shorter ... on the other hand, both Adrian Raven and Grace will likely only have few tries before DGB starts tailing them.

9 hours ago, Scotty said:
17 hours ago, hkmaly said:

She might have spent the rest of the night at the comic shop rehearsing how to tell Edward what happened while keeping Sam's identity secret.

You mean evening, not night. Well ... if there wasn't too many people, why not?

17 hours ago, hkmaly said:

She wants to talk to Rhoda remember? Yeah Grace already figures that Pandora marked her and Rhoda's not a random person, but Grace still needs to bring up the subject somehow and doesn't know that Rhoda awakened, and that Pandora gave her a spellbook, I imagine telling Rhoda about what happened to Pandora will bring up the feels again.

Well Rhoda will definitely be little different situation than random person but there will be some common points, yes ...

13 hours ago, hkmaly said:

The way Grace explained things to Sam was pretty plausible, how there's some spells that can't be copied, there are different kinds of magic users, her abilities wouldn't seem that odd once Sam was made aware of that. That and after learning about powerful beings that can sneak into homes and give people magic marks, plus hearing about griffins and monsters and cheerleader themed superheroes, Sam probably already thinks that anything is possible and Grace is just a drop in the bucket.

Well, Edward disagreed.

Just now, hkmaly said:

Well, Edward disagreed.

He mainly disagreed that Grace said anything at all and that she's refused to identify the person she was talking to before "Smoke" showed up, he didn't seem overly concerned that his work in keeping Uryuoms a secret has just been unraveled, he said the chances of "Smoke" being a Seer are extremely low, and Grace didn't appear to regret her actions, so I don't think Edward was too harsh on her.

10 minutes ago, Scotty said:
21 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Well, Edward disagreed.

He mainly disagreed that Grace said anything at all and that she's refused to identify the person she was talking to before "Smoke" showed up, he didn't seem overly concerned that his work in keeping Uryuoms a secret has just been unraveled, he said the chances of "Smoke" being a Seer are extremely low, and Grace didn't appear to regret her actions, so I don't think Edward was too harsh on her.

He doesn't seem to berate her for not identifying the person at all.

But yes, while he wasn't too concerned with what got out, he had opinion she shouldn't tell (or show) anything. I think Grace's lack of regret is more related to her hating having to hide herself and if Edward was aware of it he would berate her more and maybe reminded that living in public and with his son is a privilege she might lose. Although that would be bluffing as he would never do that to Tedd.

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

It'd be part of the berating for recklessness. Also, depending on his tone while recapping in the first couple panels, he might sound agitated.

11 hours ago, Scotty said:
23 hours ago, hkmaly said:

It'd be part of the berating for recklessness.

That wouldn't work. He can tell her that it's reckless to tell that to person she doesn't know well, but he can't be sure how well she knows that person just based on the fact she doesn't want to identify them.

True, but standard paranoia says that the fact that Grace wants to withhold the person's name means that she feels that there is something to hide. "Honest people have nothing to hide" after all.

29 minutes ago, ijuin said:

True, but standard paranoia says that the fact that Grace wants to withhold the person's name means that she feels that there is something to hide. "Honest people have nothing to hide" after all.

Standard paranoia, sure. But this is Grace and Edward knows her quite well.