• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Sewell

Monday, June 3, 2019

I think this answers the question if it would be too soon for Ashley to get transformed on party. Seems it would be hard to prevent her getting transformed, although it's possible Elliot will still try. Which leaves question what to transform her to ; THIS particular transformation would only be possible with goonmanji II debug sceptre ; Rhoda would be able to make her this small but not mouse, while Tedd may have mouse form watches but wouldn't know how to make her this small. However, Rhoda wouldn't be on the party (probably) ; besides the watch option (or TF gun, but they SHOULD keep that one secret) there will be just one person on party able to transform others, Ellen, and her most extreme spell is FV5, she doesn't have any animal transformations (although she can use copy to make them). Hmmm ... I suspect Ashley would be disappointed. At least until Kevin will help her learn some spell herself.

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

No mice were harmed in the creation of this episode.

No actual mice ARE in this episode. Ashley's mice form is very anthropomorphic.

Mouse Ashley is cute.

Ashley sure is going to be disappointed when she learns what Sarah's spell is (well, disappointed for herself anyway; I'm sure she'll be happy for Sarah). ...Speaking of which, I wonder if they'll tell her Sarah's spell at the party? It is a bigger secret then most of the cast's magic, after all, and while everything we've seen suggests Ashley is trustworthy, is Sarah going to be ready to trust her with a secret that they have to keep from the government (and in particular Tedd's dad)?

...Oh, by the way, yay for warm-glow backgrounds in panels three and four!

This is another example of the lines between fantasy and reality being blurred for Ashley, she very interested in transformation to the point where she's roleplayed transformation scenarios with her internet girlfriend and written fictional scenarios of jerks getting transformed. But the reality of stuff like that being possible is scary now that she's got magic, especially considering she can see how magic can be dangerous. She also was fine with the idea of other people having magic (like Elliot, and Nanase) but it's different when it applies to herself.

I'd guess that just as learning the martial arts also includes building confidence and developing the discipline not to misuse them,  Ashley's wizard training will help with her misgivings.

14 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Ashley sure is going to be disappointed when she learns what Sarah's spell is (well, disappointed for herself anyway; I'm sure she'll be happy for Sarah). ...Speaking of which, I wonder if they'll tell her Sarah's spell at the party? It is a bigger secret then most of the cast's magic, after all, and while everything we've seen suggests Ashley is trustworthy, is Sarah going to be ready to trust her with a secret that they have to keep from the government (and in particular Tedd's dad)?

Well, I would HOPE they won't.

12 hours ago, Scotty said:

This is another example of the lines between fantasy and reality being blurred for Ashley, she very interested in transformation to the point where she's roleplayed transformation scenarios with her internet girlfriend and written fictional scenarios of jerks getting transformed. But the reality of stuff like that being possible is scary now that she's got magic, especially considering she can see how magic can be dangerous.

Note the "probably". She is still interested, but her experience with magic makes her scared it won't be as ... let's say safe as she's imagining it. Now, with this being EGS, transformations are extremely convenient, but likely still not AS convenient as she imagined, especially the mental transformations. Still, I think actually experiencing more transformations makes her less scared because she will see it's not as bad as she fears.

3 hours ago, Haylo said:

I'd guess that just as learning the martial arts also includes building confidence and developing the discipline not to misuse them,  Ashley's wizard training will help with her misgivings.

Hopefully. I mean, we just need to hope that Arthur was thinking about this. I would expect he would think about it now, but we don't know how experienced he was when creating the wand.

... the martial arts doesn't include building confidence and discipline automatically, it's there because someone made sure it will.

Just now, hkmaly said:

Note the "probably". She is still interested, but her experience with magic makes her scared it won't be as ... let's say safe as she's imagining it. Now, with this being EGS, transformations are extremely convenient, but likely still not AS convenient as she imagined, especially the mental transformations. Still, I think actually experiencing more transformations makes her less scared because she will see it's not as bad as she fears.

That's mostly why Elliot is throwing the party, to be able to show Ashley that magic can be fun. But that's not really what Ashley's worried about, she's fine if it's other people using it, but she's worried about using magic herself and possibly going too far with it, Pandora sensed that Ashley fantasized about going on transformation sprees, but couldn't give her the ability to because Ashley believed that it'd be wrong to do so.

Now becoming a wizard has opened up the possibility of fulfilling those fantasies, and it's put her in conflict with herself, "It's wrong!"  "But it'd be fun!" "But I don't want to hurt people!" would probably make her not want to go through with wizard training just so that she would never get the temptation to use magic and she could keep her fantasies as fantasies.

On 6/4/2019 at 0:30 PM, Scotty said:

That's mostly why Elliot is throwing the party, to be able to show Ashley that magic can be fun.

Yes. However, I don't think Ashley realizes it.

On 6/4/2019 at 0:30 PM, Scotty said:

But that's not really what Ashley's worried about, she's fine if it's other people using it, but she's worried about using magic herself and possibly going too far with it, Pandora sensed that Ashley fantasized about going on transformation sprees, but couldn't give her the ability to because Ashley believed that it'd be wrong to do so.

Now becoming a wizard has opened up the possibility of fulfilling those fantasies, and it's put her in conflict with herself, "It's wrong!"  "But it'd be fun!" "But I don't want to hurt people!" would probably make her not want to go through with wizard training just so that she would never get the temptation to use magic and she could keep her fantasies as fantasies.

Spoiler: This would totally be something we should talk about under next comics.

I see strong parallels with other kinds of fantasies....studies have shown that a lot of women engage in fantasies that involve all sorts of situations they absolutely would not want in real life, including various rape scenarios.  It's considered a normal, healthy thing to fantasize, even involving rape, as long as a person doesn't get obsessive about it or start putting themselves in dangerous situations in real life.  A big part of BDSM is creating ways to engage in fantasies of non-consent in a safe and consensual manner.  Getting turned on by fantasizing about or play-acting rape does *not* mean they actually want to be raped, or to commit rape or violence themselves.  Likewise, Ashley may fantasize about being forcibly transformed, or transforming others willy-nilly, but that doesn't mean she would ever actually want to do either in real life.

And yes, Ashley-mouse is very cute.

5 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

I see strong parallels with other kinds of fantasies....studies have shown that a lot of women engage in fantasies that involve all sorts of situations they absolutely would not want in real life, including various rape scenarios.  It's considered a normal, healthy thing to fantasize, even involving rape, as long as a person doesn't get obsessive about it or start putting themselves in dangerous situations in real life.  A big part of BDSM is creating ways to engage in fantasies of non-consent in a safe and consensual manner.  Getting turned on by fantasizing about or play-acting rape does *not* mean they actually want to be raped, or to commit rape or violence themselves.  Likewise, Ashley may fantasize about being forcibly transformed, or transforming others willy-nilly, but that doesn't mean she would ever actually want to do either in real life.

And yes, Ashley-mouse is very cute.

If I heard this fantasy expressed by a friend of mine, I might advise her to get counseling based on she may be suppressing the memory of an event. I know a woman who we have reason to believe was raped by an uncle when she was young. There were other indications, and her uncle has a track record. Her response when asked about it was to lash out at those asking. If it never really happened, you'd expect a straight forward, "no".

2 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

If I heard this fantasy expressed by a friend of mine, I might advise her to get counseling based on she may be suppressing the memory of an event. I know a woman who we have reason to believe was raped by an uncle when she was young. There were other indications, and her uncle has a track record. Her response when asked about it was to lash out at those asking. If it never really happened, you'd expect a straight forward, "no".

Might depend on who asked, how they asked, and how many times they or other people asked, stated, insinuated, threw pitying looks at her, etc.  And that's true whether what you suspect happened or not.  Nevertheless, there are a great many women who have never been abused or raped, at any age, who still find a thrill in the imagined loss of control.  They might feel so strongly that it would be wrong to have sex with anyone but their husband, that the only way they can indulge is by imagining they are forced.  They might have been taught that "good girls don't" or feel trapped by their partner and want to fight back in some way.  Or, crazy idea, maybe they are completely happy and normal and just find the idea arousing.

Dexter was a hit series, Criminal Minds focuses on crazy killers every week, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit explores all sides of rape and abuse and etc.  People are fascinated by bad things that might happen to themselves or to others.  There are theories all over, but I don't think anyone really knows why.  But it's true!

On 7/13/2019 at 5:52 AM, CritterKeeper said:

Dexter was a hit series, Criminal Minds focuses on crazy killers every week, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit explores all sides of rape and abuse and etc.  People are fascinated by bad things that might happen to themselves or to others.  There are theories all over, but I don't think anyone really knows why.  But it's true!

Well, that's not just about sex. Like, sure, there are soap operas, but I would say most people wants much more excitement in what they are watching than in their life.