• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

NP Wednesday June 12, 2019

14 hours ago, Stature said:

Self-esteem: Sunk.

*saves game* Well, I am dead. I bequeath everything to my Teddy Ruxpin.

Dead? Why? Doesn't seem the skunk noticed them. Now it's good time to quietly go back to levelling. Because the skunk should stop training now, right?

... of course, this being game, the size and look of the skunk says very little about how dangerous it is. Maybe he dies after two scratches? So saving and trying to attack it WOULD make sense.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Dead? Why? Doesn't seem the skunk noticed them. Now it's good time to quietly go back to levelling. Because the skunk should stop training now, right?

... of course, this being game, the size and look of the skunk says very little about how dangerous it is. Maybe he dies after two scratches? So saving and trying to attack it WOULD make sense.

The village has the Water Amulet that Grace needs, unless that quest is only just the beginning of a larger questline, this will probably just be about Grace completing bounties for the village until they respect her enough to give her the amulet and finish the quest her people gave her. The skunk is probably easier than it looks if it's just the first of many bounties.

But yeah, good practice for RPG players is to save before every fight involving multiple enemies, or boss-like enemies, or any conversation with NPCs because you never know if they'll have multiple dialog choices and there's a chance that picking the wrong one could be bad for you (or there might be one that gets you something really good).

On 6/13/2019 at 3:35 AM, Scotty said:

The village has the Water Amulet that Grace needs, unless that quest is only just the beginning of a larger questline, this will probably just be about Grace completing bounties for the village until they respect her enough to give her the amulet and finish the quest her people gave her. The skunk is probably easier than it looks if it's just the first of many bounties.

Even if it isn't. It seems it's first boss Grace is supposed to fight, it can't be that hard.

On 6/13/2019 at 3:35 AM, Scotty said:

But yeah, good practice for RPG players is to save before every fight involving multiple enemies, or boss-like enemies, or any conversation with NPCs because you never know if they'll have multiple dialog choices and there's a chance that picking the wrong one could be bad for you (or there might be one that gets you something really good).

Oh, definitely. Although in the case of conversation with NPC, you are also going to check what effect your choices had, as it can be very hard to find if you screw something up ... recognizing you are dead is easy (usually. There are few games which are exceptions.)