• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Sewell

Story Monday June 17, 2019

Grace has one advantage over Frankenstein's monster: she's cute. Humans are willing to be more lenient regarding cute monsters. Especially in Japan. Just look at any cat. Or at tvtropes. Or in Grace's case here.

Of course, she's still lucky. Look at the several kinds of Tigers, Cheetahs, Lynx and other cats who are currently on endangered list. More lenient may not be enough.

9 hours ago, mlooney said:

Of course random hugs from Grace should be expected.

This is Grace, not Susan. Rhoda's been getting hugs from Grace from literally the first minute they met. Rhoda's known Grace longer now than Rhoda's known Catalina.

12 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

The only thing that is worse than the way humans have treated "Monsters" is the way humans have treated other humans.

Based on all available evidence, all the worst monsters in human history were humans. Also, most of them did it with good intentions.

Therefore, humans treating humans as monsters sort of makes sense. If you are cynical enough.

2 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Also, most of them did it with good intentions.

I quibble with "most", although I don't have the statistics to back up my feeling. My guess is the worst human monsters for the most part were able to disguise their real intentions and motivations, or they would not have had enough time to accomplish the evils that would qualify them as the worst monsters.

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Also, most of them did it with good intentions.

I quibble with "most", although I don't have the statistics to back up my feeling. My guess is the worst human monsters for the most part were able to disguise their real intentions and motivations, or they would not have had enough time to accomplish the evils that would qualify them as the worst monsters.

The three worst definitely didn't hide their motivations. They made an ideologies from them which are popular even today. You probably (hopefully) don't agree with them, but they would argue that their ideologies are for good of the people and all those deaths are necessary sideefect.

Also, two of them would agree on particular group of people being actually monsters who need to die. Agreeing with them on THIS point is considered criminal offence in big part of world of course.

Next to them, in say top 20, you find lot of brutal military leaders like Genghis Khan, who did it for good of their nations, with most of deaths THEY are responsible for being enemies. Again, no reason to hide such motivation.

Very few people consider THEMSELVES evil.