• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
hkmaly

Story Wednesday, Jun 19, 2019

http://egscomics.com/comic/party-027

... that's Nurture? I though it's Logic. Everything she says is logical. ... yes, I know, she has round ears.

Not only youthful metabolism. Based on Nanase, with some training you can learn to burn calories on spells. It would be illogical to skip this opportunity.

Also, I think this dance was great.

... so, Susan will be hanging with Diane and if something happens both can arrive :)

I wonder if we're going to peek inside everyone's mind before the party even starts--if it ever does. This story's title is still Title Pending, after all.

Watching Inside Out a dozen or so times the last few days may be affecting my thinking.

4 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Hmm, I don't think we've seen the internal "mind people" for Tedd or Nanase yet, have we?

We have seen inside their minds, but not arguing with themselves. Sarah had conversations with vampire-Sarah and werewolf-Sarah in Squirrel Prophet. Elliot's the current record holder for "mind people" for this page in Identity: Six different Elliots..

*unknowingly hums Dirty Diana*

I hope Susan realizes once more that Ashley sees her as SO COOL (with emphasis) due to her sage ideas.

I am aware it has been FIVE DAN YEARS since then.

7 hours ago, Haylo said:

I personally think brains would have made an excellent and appropriate floor..

Squishy, slimy, serpentine ground? Nahhh

What are the chances that Susan mentions the party to Diane, or Diane hears about the party from Ellen, Nanase, Justin and/or Grace and Diane's like "why aren't you going? aren't you their friend too?"  and she ends up giving Susan a kick in the arse and basically saying the same thing Nature's been saying.

8 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Someday it will be revealed that the entirety of Moperville Dan is contained within the mind of one character.

I'm thinking Akiko

Someday?

You mean you already forgot that Dan is being drawn by Sarah?

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

What are the chances that Susan mentions the party to Diane, or Diane hears about the party from Ellen, Nanase, Justin and/or Grace and Diane's like "why aren't you going? aren't you their friend too?"  and she ends up giving Susan a kick in the arse and basically saying the same thing Nature's been saying.

I would expect Susan would RESPOND the same as to Nature as well - or at least indirectly point out why she doesn't want to go.

Which might end up with her talking about that at least with Diane. Or with Diane backing out, as she's not exactly ready for that either.

Just now, hkmaly said:

I would expect Susan would RESPOND the same as to Nature as well - or at least indirectly point out why she doesn't want to go.

Probably, but I expect Diane wouldn't accept that. Diane hasn't been avoiding interactions with Lucy and Rhoda because she doesn't want to talk about Adrian being her father, she would probably find Susan avoiding her friends to be self centered.

Just now, Scotty said:
12 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Probably, but I expect Diane wouldn't accept that. Diane hasn't been avoiding interactions with Lucy and Rhoda because she doesn't want to talk about Adrian being her father, she would probably find Susan avoiding her friends to be self centered.

There is zero risk Diane's interaction with Lucy and Rhoda would end up with talking about Adrian being her father. Susan is not so safe. Even if she somehow avoids discussing what happened in Mall, despite everyone expecting she WILL tell them about it, Adrian (or Pandora) might end up being mentioned by Sarah or Tedd. And note that Sarah could correctly guess Adrian has descendants and that Pandora knew about them ... and the next step of those  descendants including Susan wouldn't be THAT hard conclusion jump either based on Pandora AND Susan being in Mall ...

Just now, hkmaly said:

There is zero risk Diane's interaction with Lucy and Rhoda would end up with talking about Adrian being her father.

How is there zero risk? All it would take is them bumping into Adrian in the halls at school and both Diane and Adrian suddenly acting out of character(as in not treating each other like teacher and student), Rhoda and Lucy would likely notice a change in how Diane acts around Adrian.

Diane actually has it tougher than Susan, yeah Susan killed a vampire, and she learned that she's distantly related to an Immortal, one who she watched get forcibly reset for protecting her son who'm Susan is also distantly related to. Meanwhile Diane witnessed her grandmother get forcibly reset for protecting the father she'd seen for several years but never knew was her father. From what I've seen of how Diane's been handling things, she's been doing a fair bit better that Susan has.

39 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

and the next step of those  descendants including Susan wouldn't be THAT hard conclusion jump either based on Pandora AND Susan being in Mall ...

There's also this...

Boo to lack of brain-cloud backgrounds!

19 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

I wonder if we're going to peek inside everyone's mind before the party even starts--if it ever does. This story's title is still Title Pending, after all.

I'm beginning to suspect this story's title will eventually wind up being something like "Invitation to the TF Party", with the actual party as the next story. If not that, then at the very least I expect this story to be broken into multiple parts with the party being a separate part from what came before.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:
4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

There is zero risk Diane's interaction with Lucy and Rhoda would end up with talking about Adrian being her father.

How is there zero risk? All it would take is them bumping into Adrian in the halls at school and both Diane and Adrian suddenly acting out of character(as in not treating each other like teacher and student), Rhoda and Lucy would likely notice a change in how Diane acts around Adrian.

Well ... yes, but that's in SCHOOL; that would suggest Diane should skip school, not interaction with Lucy and Rhoda.

In fact, it could be even worse: most likely, they will meet in CLASS. Unless Adrian said he's ill or something.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

Diane actually has it tougher than Susan, yeah Susan killed a vampire, and she learned that she's distantly related to an Immortal, one who she watched get forcibly reset for protecting her son who'm Susan is also distantly related to. Meanwhile Diane witnessed her grandmother get forcibly reset for protecting the father she'd seen for several years but never knew was her father. From what I've seen of how Diane's been handling things, she's been doing a fair bit better that Susan has.

I don't think she's handling it better, but yes she has it harder.

3 hours ago, Don Edwards said:
4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

and the next step of those  descendants including Susan wouldn't be THAT hard conclusion jump either based on Pandora AND Susan being in Mall ...

There's also this...

Yes. If Sarah would start speculating out loud, Grace is likely to remember that.

2 hours ago, ChronosCat said:
22 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

I'm beginning to suspect this story's title will eventually wind up being something like "Invitation to the TF Party", with the actual party as the next story. If not that, then at the very least I expect this story to be broken into multiple parts with the party being a separate part from what came before.

I don't think Dan would be hiding the title if it would be just "Invitation to the TF Party".

Last time Dan was hiding the story title was "Family Tree". BIG spoiler. And not something which basically became clear on fourth page.

Does Susan even know the exact details of how Ashley acquired her magic?

Given that they've gained their powers under similar circumstances (after being attacked by abberrations), I'd think that Susan is probably the person Ashley needs to talk to the most.

Just now, hkmaly said:

She at least seems to be thinking about it more, especially in terms of what she thinks of Adrian, and you could tell that she wants to talk to him, but is nervous enough about it to come up with the reason that he wouldn't be ready to talk yet. Susan just adamantly doesn't want to talk about things and as Nature states, she's isolating herself.

13 hours ago, detrius said:

Does Susan even know the exact details of how Ashley acquired her magic?

Given that they've gained their powers under similar circumstances (after being attacked by abberrations), I'd think that Susan is probably the person Ashley needs to talk to the most.

Yes ... being under influence of mental magic, then attacked by aberration ... finding out aberrations and magic exists in same day and getting magic as indirect result of attack by abberration ... there are definitely lot of common points. However, I would suspect Susan is not realizing that even if she knows about it.

... on the other hand, with Susan only recently starting to cope with it, I'm not sure if it isn't too soon. Who Ashley would need to talk most is Susan AFTER she sorts it out.

11 hours ago, Scotty said:
18 hours ago, hkmaly said:

She at least seems to be thinking about it more, especially in terms of what she thinks of Adrian, and you could tell that she wants to talk to him, but is nervous enough about it to come up with the reason that he wouldn't be ready to talk yet. Susan just adamantly doesn't want to talk about things and as Nature states, she's isolating herself.

I would say that this dialogue IS Susan thinking about it. And, again, Susan is only isolating herself because she lacks anyone to talk to who would be "safe" in terms of not risking talking about this. Compare to how eager Diane was to talk to Justin just to not think about Pandora. Susan already has lot of experience with isolating herself, that doesn't necessary mean she deals with it worse. Nor better, of course.

Of course, it's hard to compare due to how little of how they deal with it we see. And IMHO their later reaction would be more important than the current one; basically, Susan is unlucky the party happened so soon - I would judge her worse if she had same reaction to the party month later.

Just now, hkmaly said:

I would say that this dialogue IS Susan thinking about it. And, again, Susan is only isolating herself because she lacks anyone to talk to who would be "safe" in terms of not risking talking about this. Compare to how eager Diane was to talk to Justin just to not think about Pandora. Susan already has lot of experience with isolating herself, that doesn't necessary mean she deals with it worse. Nor better, of course.

Diane was considering the reasons for Adrian to not have known about her being his daughter, that's a least a positive step. Susan was arguing with herself to stay convinced that she doesn't want to talk to anyone about the whole incident. That's not all that positive. Just because she's had experience isolating herself doesn't make it anymore healthy for her.

Just now, Tom Sewell said:

So far no one seems to have noticed the real surprise in this comic: Susan admitting that she wishes Raven was her father. 

I noticed, and Nurture was quick to talk about seeing Diane again instead of acknowledging it, it's more evidence that Susan's trying to bury what happened, rather than face it.