• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Sewell

Story Friday, June 21, 2019

She DID started with "small part of me".

How did they know they overdid it? When Ashley starts drooling?

And yes, Tedd must have some experience with people looking at him disapprovingly.

Now, what movie Dan wanted to go on? Friendship is magic?

I didn't think Sarah getting into the whole transformation life was a new revelation, she admitted a while back that she had been interested in it for some time before "The  Incident", we know there's been mishaps along the way but it would appear that Sarah isn't letting accidental nudity get in the way. Speaking of Playing with Dolls, I asked Dan about it and Dan stated that the odds weren't good for Susan ever telling Sarah she got a watch with various forms (including a "hippy" form) from Tedd, but what's stopping Tedd from telling Sarah that, it didn't seem like the events of Playing with Dolls were a "don't tell anyone we did this" situation.

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

And yes, Tedd must have some experience with people looking at him disapprovingly.

Tedd and Susan didn't really have the best relationship early on remember? Susan assumed Tedd would twist anything she'd say into something perverse, and Tedd assumed Susan would twist anything Tedd said into anti male propaganda, even after they started becoming more friendly towards each other there were probably plenty of moments where Susan eye-rolled about something Tedd said or did, and we know of 2 instances of slap-fights between them over nerdy subjects.

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

He mentioned movie franchise, I don't recall MLP having a series of movies, I would be inclined to think he means Star Trek, but could also be Star Wars, or the Avengers (including all the side MCU movies)

6 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Doubtful. Dan mentioned recently that he lost interest in the series around the time Twilight Sparkle became a Princess (which if you're not familiar with the series was back in 2013; the Friendship is Magic based "My Little Pony the Movie" didn't come out until 2017).

27 minutes ago, Scotty said:

He mentioned movie franchise, I don't recall MLP having a series of movies, I would be inclined to think he means Star Trek, but could also be Star Wars, or the Avengers (including all the side MCU movies)

He says "franchise", not "movie franchise", so it could be a multi-media franchise that just includes movies.

Incidentally, there have been two movies titled "My Little Pony the Movie", but they were unrelated other than both being based on the My Little Pony franchise; the first one was back in the 80s. Some of the entries in the Equestria Girls spin-off series also straddle the line between movies and TV specials, with the first few getting limited theatrical releases.

(I suppose if Dan wasn't talking about a recent movie, it could have been the first Equestria Girls movie/special, which came out in 2013, but I don't recall him ever talking about it, and with the limited release there's a good chance it wasn't even in theaters in his area.)

22 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

He says "franchise", not "movie franchise", so it could be a multi-media franchise that just includes movies.

He mentions seeing a movie from a franchise so it's easy to think it's a movie franchise as well, and there are plenty of them as I gave examples of.

24 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

Incidentally, there have been two movies titled "My Little Pony the Movie", but they were unrelated other than both being based on the My Little Pony franchise; the first one was back in the 80s. Some of the entries in the Equestria Girls spin-off series also straddle the line between movies and TV specials, with the first few getting limited theatrical releases.

(I suppose if Dan wasn't talking about a recent movie, it could have been the first Equestria Girls movie/special, which came out in 2013, but I don't recall him ever talking about it, and with the limited release there's a good chance it wasn't even in theaters in his area.)

Re-reading the commentary, I'm pretty sure the mention of rainbows is specific to the preceding part of the commentary where Dan assumed the reader would comment on Sarah being selfish, clarifying what he's conveying, and everyone being in agreement, then he changes the subject to an experience with seeing a moving with a friend.

So there's probably a good chance the rainbow bit is not a clue to what movie Dan is talking about.

The reason I suspect this comic might be Sarah talking to herself, like Susan talking herself in the previous comic, is that Sarah seems to be talking about her power of transforming herself without any reference to Tedd's watches. Sarah does not have transformation powers of her own--except when she's using her simulation talent, which no one else can see inside. And Tedd seems to me to be acting more like Sarah's idea of Tedd than Tedd's idea of himself.

3 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

The reason I suspect this comic might be Sarah talking to herself, like Susan talking herself in the previous comic, is that Sarah seems to be talking about her power of transforming herself without any reference to Tedd's watches. Sarah does not have transformation powers of her own--except when she's using her simulation talent, which no one else can see inside. And Tedd seems to me to be acting more like Sarah's idea of Tedd than Tedd's idea of himself.

She mentions showing off "A" curvy fox form, we know Sarah's spends a lot of time at Tedd's place, either helping with his experiment which tend to include various forms, or just hanging out with Grace which we know the two have designed at least one form without Tedd being there, so it's likely that she's designed other forms with the help of Tedd and Grace.

She could also be thinking of a new form that she hasn't made yet but would like to show Ashley the process.

Also, as a result of spending more time with Tedd, are we sure it's not Sarah that's acting more like Tedd nowadays?

9 hours ago, Scotty said:

I didn't think Sarah getting into the whole transformation life was a new revelation, she admitted a while back that she had been interested in it for some time before "The  Incident", we know there's been mishaps along the way but it would appear that Sarah isn't letting accidental nudity get in the way. Speaking of Playing with Dolls, I asked Dan about it and Dan stated that the odds weren't good for Susan ever telling Sarah she got a watch with various forms (including a "hippy" form) from Tedd, but what's stopping Tedd from telling Sarah that, it didn't seem like the events of Playing with Dolls were a "don't tell anyone we did this" situation.

Note Tedds "... and Sarah's gonna kill me". I think that some aspects of her love of transformations was not supposed to get to people like Susan.

Similarly, I would expect that Tedd IS aware Susan wouldn't want to tell everyone what forms she has, although he may blurt it out just like the detail with Sarah being naked.

8 hours ago, ChronosCat said:
15 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Doubtful. Dan mentioned recently that he lost interest in the series around the time Twilight Sparkle became a Princess (which if you're not familiar with the series was back in 2013; the Friendship is Magic based "My Little Pony the Movie" didn't come out until 2017).

Hmmm .... ok, I remember Dan talking about Friendship is Magic but didn't realized it couldn't be about any movie ...

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

I would be inclined to think he means Star Trek, but could also be Star Wars, or the Avengers (including all the side MCU movies)

There is nothing controversial about Star Trek, unless it's specifically the new movies. Similarly, people having opinions about Star Wars usually differentiate original trilogy and newer movies. "Franchise they'll make fun of" sounds like WHOLE franchise.

8 hours ago, Scotty said:

So there's probably a good chance the rainbow bit is not a clue to what movie Dan is talking about.

... I didn't even realized it but in hindsight I suppose the rainbow might be what reminded me Friendship is Magic ... and, similarly, just because Dan didn't meant it as deliberate hint doesn't mean it can't be relevant.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
6 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

She mentions showing off "A" curvy fox form, we know Sarah's spends a lot of time at Tedd's place, either helping with his experiment which tend to include various forms, or just hanging out with Grace which we know the two have designed at least one form without Tedd being there, so it's likely that she's designed other forms with the help of Tedd and Grace.

She could also be thinking of a new form that she hasn't made yet but would like to show Ashley the process.

Also, as a result of spending more time with Tedd, are we sure it's not Sarah that's acting more like Tedd nowadays?

I think making someone gasps in surprise like Tedd did inside Sarah's simulation would be quite challenging. And it's TEDD initiating the conversation.

I see no other reason why this shouldn't be real Tedd either, and why should Sarah have conversation like this in simulation?

And why would the simulation include additional person?

Just now, hkmaly said:

Note Tedds "... and Sarah's gonna kill me". I think that some aspects of her love of transformations was not supposed to get to people like Susan.

That was specifically in regard to revealing that Tedd and Sarah have seen each other naked multiple times. Which is more understandable cus Susan already knew that Sarah was assisting Tedd with his experiments.

5 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Similarly, I would expect that Tedd IS aware Susan wouldn't want to tell everyone what forms she has, although he may blurt it out just like the detail with Sarah being naked.

It just seems like it would be a case where if Susan was potentially disapproving of Sarah transforming, I wouldn't blame Tedd for calling Susan out as a hypocrite.

9 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

There is nothing controversial about Star Trek, unless it's specifically the new movies. Similarly, people having opinions about Star Wars usually differentiate original trilogy and newer movies. "Franchise they'll make fun of" sounds like WHOLE franchise.

It's not about controversy, it's simply about someone making fun of the movies, like if they're not as serious about it as you or something, kinda like how Tedd made fun of Susan being a Star Trek fan, except without the resulting slapfighting.

14 minutes ago, Scotty said:
57 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

That was specifically in regard to revealing that Tedd and Sarah have seen each other naked multiple times. Which is more understandable cus Susan already knew that Sarah was assisting Tedd with his experiments.

Of course. And note that Sarah is specifically worried about CURVY fox form. I think she "forgot" to mention how sexy many of those forms are in all her conversations with Susan.

It just seems like it would be a case where if Susan was potentially disapproving of Sarah transforming, I wouldn't blame Tedd for calling Susan out as a hypocrite.

... that's good opportunity to blurt it :)

It's not about controversy, it's simply about someone making fun of the movies, like if they're not as serious about it as you or something, kinda like how Tedd made fun of Susan being a Star Trek fan, except without the resulting slapfighting.

Note Tedd's "it's not funny if you don't sass back". He didn't expected Susan will take it so seriously.

I don't think Dan is THIS serious about Star Trek AND if he would, he would STILL be likely ok with making fun of the new movies.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:
4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Of course. And note that Sarah is specifically worried about CURVY fox form. I think she "forgot" to mention how sexy many of those forms are in all her conversations with Susan.

She might be basing the assumption on Susan's refusal to join in on the MV5 design process.

... yes. Not the fact she refused but her reasoning why.

Well, partially: I don't think Susan's opinion was surprise for her.