• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
hkmaly

NP Monday, Jun 24, 2019

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

http://egscomics.com/egsnp/pizza-01

Soooo, this storyline is canon? :)

Even  Nanase Craft had the characters mostly in-character. I'm not sure hanging the lampshade over the uncanny valley will help.

I think it's more the case that Nanase Craft and even Goonmanji 2 were non canon fun, this is sounding to be touching on more serious topics so there is probably a need to clarity.

Dan has mentioned before how the characters will sometimes argue with the author.

What Dan didn't mention before was that the author was munching on cookies while arguing with the characters.

Didn't it ever occur to the author to offer the characters a few dozen cookies (or other Bakery goods) as incentive for cooperation?

44 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Didn't it ever occur to the author to offer the characters a few dozen cookies (or other Bakery goods) as incentive for cooperation?

The problem with that is really delicious cookies take a long time to draw.

New thought, sorta meta, but The Dan, the person that will damn near always find a new character(s) if needed for the plot is saying, and I quote "I didn't want to design an entire new group for this".

So, this leads to the obvious point.  The Dan has been captured by DGB and an imposter is doing EGS:NP.    We are on to your sneaky tricks.  We demand that The Dan be freed and allowed to do EGS:NP with out your interference.  

9 hours ago, mlooney said:

New thought, sorta meta, but The Dan, the person that will damn near always find a new character(s) if needed for the plot is saying, and I quote "I didn't want to design an entire new group for this".

He didn't say he can't, he said he don't want to. He may be afraid audience will then demand more of them. BTW, did we get more AF4 characters yet?

13 hours ago, Haylo said:
14 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

The problem with that is really delicious cookies take a long time to draw.

I wouldn't complain about copy&paste in such case.

Of course, there are some acceptable reasons why comics characters don't get tacos for example but I think Dan has better impulse control than that.

15 hours ago, Scotty said:
18 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Even  Nanase Craft had the characters mostly in-character. I'm not sure hanging the lampshade over the uncanny valley will help.

I think it's more the case that Nanase Craft and even Goonmanji 2 were non canon fun, this is sounding to be touching on more serious topics so there is probably a need to clarity.

That doesn't makes me calmer regarding the upcoming storyline.

On 6/24/2019 at 0:50 PM, mlooney said:

I have no idea if this has anything to do with Dan's reasoning, but if he created an entirely new cast of characters for this story, ones unlikely to ever show up in the main story, it would feel a little strange having this story in EGS at all.