• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Sewell

Story Wednesday, June 26, 2019

OH SNAP!

Select text below if you're not worried about spoilers.

Party crashers such as bulldog dragons, griffins, or floating figures in white?  Liz could know of all of these from the media, if not from Ashley.

Edited by Tom Sewell
Added stuff.

... she's not asking. She knows. I don't think Elliot would be able to lie himself out of this one. Mainly because he's terrible liar, but still.

Now, question is how she put this together from what was said on previous page?

Also, if she knows he's cheerleadra, why did she though it's good idea to physically threaten him?

On 6/25/2019 at 1:32 AM, Don Edwards said:

Seriously? You think I'm a superhero, and yet you're assaulting me? Do you think you're a supervillain or something?

Finally, few things Elliot definitely shouldn't say:

"No problem, there will be three more superheroes on the party" (or four with Justin)

"It would be better if we also had our vampire hunter. Can you help me convince Susan to come?"

"That's why we have the party in Tedd's house. It has all sorts of protections."

"I don't know why you think I'm a superhero, but I can tell you that whatever special skills I do have will be used to keep everyone there safe."

Ashley was compelled to attack a mythical beast on her first date with Elliot. Then she was assaulted by an extra-dimensional alien who looks exactly like Elliot  and was coerced into a clandestine program by a Federal officer on her second date with the Elder Dunkle Twin.

What else does Liz think can go wrong?

Do I get some cookies for calling that magic stuffs reason?

Just now, hkmaly said:

Also, if she knows he's cheerleadra, why did she though it's good idea to physically threaten him?

Probably because Liz also knows that if Elliot is really as good as people say he is, he wouldn't resort to violence unless it was absolutely necessary, and while Liz grabbing his shirt would certainly be "Za?" worthy, knowing she's Ashley's friend would put her in "no punch!" territory. Also it's possible that Elliot thinks hitting women is bad as well.

Just now, hkmaly said:

Finally, few things Elliot definitely shouldn't say:

"No problem, there will be three more superheroes on the party" (or four with Justin)

"It would be better if we also had our vampire hunter. Can you help me convince Susan to come?"

"That's why we have the party in Tedd's house. It has all sorts of protections."

It depends on what else Liz has to say, Elliot could try to misdirect her by mentioning the fake Cheerleadra sighting "I couldn't be her, I was in school the last time she was seen!" but Liz could still call BS on it by saying she doesn't buy the whole cover story about their first date "there's no way you didn't simply have to leave Ashley at the mall only for her to meet another girl who conveniently turned into Cheerleadra."

(I'm the gooOOoooOood guy, duhh)

See, an observant person would also somehow notice the similarity in hair. A flippant person would pull things outta thin air.

7 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Parparty crashers such as bulldog dragons, griffins, or floating figures in white?  Liz could know of all of these from the media, if not from Ashley.

I said that it was highly probable that the 1st encounter with griffins was public enough that most of the school knew about it.  The others were all covered by the media, so, yeah, the fact that Elliot is a trouble magnet is more or less open knowledge. 

3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Ashley was compelled to attack a mythical beast on her first date with Elliot. Then she was assaulted by an extra-dimensional alien who looks exactly like Elliot  and was coerced into a clandestine program by a Federal officer on her second date with the Elder Dunkle Twin.

Liz might have guessed that it was Ashley who kicked that soccer ball at the mall from the web, but Ashley would not have told her that, or anything else about magic in either one of her first two dates with the Elder Dunkel Twin.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

When did  you call what magic stuffs?  I remember talk of Liz being able to sense magic somewhat like that other green-haired magic detector Luke, which would fit Liz noticing something different in Ashley after her second date with Elliot (but apparently not the first). 

Just now, Tom Sewell said:

When did  you call what magic stuffs?  I remember talk of Liz being able to sense magic somewhat like that other green-haired magic detector Luke, which would fit Liz noticing something different in Ashley after her second date with Elliot (but apparently not the first). 

I'm talking about Liz figuring out that Elliot is involved in magic related stuff, just by deducing the stuff he'd been publicly involved in with the other weirdness that's been going on, heck if she even suspected that "Ellen"'s first appearance at MNHS was really Elliot, in fact, I asked Dan if Liz remembers the locker room incident and if that has any bearing on this. Haven't got a response yet though.

Liz asked Elliot to swear that Ashley would be safe at the party. Maybe that wasn't rhetorical. Liz knows Elliot is important to Ashley, and has him marked as a "good guy". Still, if Ashley goes to the party and Liz doesn't, Liz is going to WORRY.

I hope Elliot doesn't either try to hard to convince Liz he's not Cheerleadra (he's not good enough at lying to pull it off) or simply admit it (he really doesn't know her well enough to be doing that). The best bet would be a very mild denial which he accepts (and perhaps acknowledges) that she probably won't believe.

As for the promise of Ashley being safe, when is anybody truly safe? Even without the fantastic dangers Elliot deals with, there are always risks of bad things happening, from (mundane) home invasions and house fires, to earthquakes, tornadoes, floods, and even asteroid impacts or nuclear war.

5 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Even without the fantastic dangers Elliot deals with, there are always risks of bad things happening, from (mundane) home invasions and house fires, to earthquakes, tornadoes, floods, and even asteroid impacts or nuclear war.

You left out SPANCs (Space Pirate Amazon Ninja Catgirls).

13 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Elliot could say Ashley should be safer at the party than anywhere else in Moperville, and he wouldn't have to lie.

That's very good sentence.

11 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

There could be crazy immortal involved - wait that already happened.

Allien attack? ... hmmmm ... that really could happen. Although it's not likely battleships will be involved.

11 hours ago, Scotty said:

Will you settle for ips4_device_key, ips4_hasJS, ips4_IPSSessionFront, ips4_ipsTimezone and ips4_login_key everyone on this forum got?

12 hours ago, Scotty said:
13 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Probably because Liz also knows that if Elliot is really as good as people say he is, he wouldn't resort to violence unless it was absolutely necessary, and while Liz grabbing his shirt would certainly be "Za?" worthy, knowing she's Ashley's friend would put her in "no punch!" territory. Also it's possible that Elliot thinks hitting women is bad as well.

That just means she's unlikely to be punched for it, it doesn't make it good idea.

7 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Liz asked Elliot to swear that Ashley would be safe at the party. Maybe that wasn't rhetorical.

Elliot might be good guy but only immortals need to be actually careful about vows.

I hope Elliot doesn't either try to hard to convince Liz he's not Cheerleadra (he's not good enough at lying to pull it off) or simply admit it (he really doesn't know her well enough to be doing that). The best bet would be a very mild denial which he accepts (and perhaps acknowledges) that she probably won't believe.

He probably could go away with replying with question which would sound like denying but wouldn't technically be lie ... and which Liz won't bother to answer.

Now, if Liz would push she would probably make him admit it. However she probably wouldn't.

As for the promise of Ashley being safe, when is anybody truly safe? Even without the fantastic dangers Elliot deals with, there are always risks of bad things happening, from (mundane) home invasions and house fires, to earthquakes, tornadoes, floods, and even asteroid impacts or nuclear war.

There are several possible reasons, natural or not, for Sun to stop shining or starting to shine much more. Or, well, Jupiter is nice planet, it would be shame if something happened to it. Seriously, the best answer is that she will be safer at the party than anywhere else.

3 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
8 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Even without the fantastic dangers Elliot deals with, there are always risks of bad things happening, from (mundane) home invasions and house fires, to earthquakes, tornadoes, floods, and even asteroid impacts or nuclear war.

Those are bad?

21 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:
3 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Those are bad?

Not really, but the Pirate part might be an issue...