• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Pharaoh RutinTutin

NP Friday 28 June, 2019

4 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Oh, the desire to hear the sincere plea of a genuine complaint, find a solution, and make the world better for everyone.

That desire lasts about halfway through the second complaint you hear in any job.

It can last longer if the complains make sense ... which usually means someone else filtered the ones which didn't before they got to you.

(As a software developer, I don't ever talk directly to customers. It would reduce my ability to fix bugs in code they point out.)

Tensaided's letting his experience with DnD roleplaying shine here. There's no sense of overacting from him compared to Kitty and Ashley's acting.

15 hours ago, ijuin said:

That is why I am not suited for customer service jobs--I am unable to remain calm when confronted with angry customers.

That too. I would get angry, which would mean I need to calm down before getting any work done.

Also, I would be likely to swear and saying stuff directly. Good customer service people must keep talking politely even when they are just explaining to the customer the problem is caused by their stupidity.

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

Tensaided's letting his experience with DnD roleplaying shine here. There's no sense of overacting from him compared to Kitty and Ashley's acting.

I think Kitty doesn't overact much. Ashley, however ...

Yay for polka-dot background in panel three! ...Except I don't really like polka-dots... Also, I kind of wish we could see more of it, if only to be sure it really is a polka-dot pattern; I don't really get what that has to do with the scene.

...Hmm, considering the setting, maybe it's supposed to be pepperoni? Which doesn't make it better for me, as I don't like pepperoni either...

*anxiously taps finger on table* Fine, these given names can slide.

But hey, I have talked trash about school while in school, so I can also let naïveté slide.

14 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I don't think "You would silence my free speech?" would be something that Kitty would say naturally.

Though this is a script written by Dan, maybe Kitty and Ashley are following it as directed. At the end, Ashley's probably gonna be like "Pretending to be a bad actor is brutal."

8 hours ago, Scotty said:
22 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I don't think "You would silence my free speech?" would be something that Kitty would say naturally.

Kitty acts.

Ashley overacts like if this would be theater with too big auditorium.

5 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

How does one know what is sufficient unless one occasionally ventures beyond the sufficient into the excessive?

That is to say, how can you know how much acting is enough unless and until you overact?

There is a very useful if underutilized trick on this: use experiences of other people.

It's not necessary for every chemist to discover independently that adding water into acid is stupid: it's safer to just read about it.