• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
hkmaly

NP Monday, Jul 1, 2019

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... is this crossover with XKCD?

Must be, like I said for the earlier comic, Tensaided could invoke #1357.

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I'm sure there IS secret of the pizza. It's probably protected by Italian mafia.

I don't expect Dan to know that secret.

There was someone on reddit that was pretty convinced that Pizza meant a specific thing and was basically demanding that Dan say what it was. I feel that when a person starts doing that, it's because they feel they need to know if they should be offended or not....And that's not healthy.

The Secret of Pizza is not protected by an Italian mafia.

Heirs to the Monaghan and Ilitch fortunes keep the secret of Pizza locked in a vault in the salt mines under Detroit.  If that information ever got out, people would learn how Pizza is really supposed to taste and that would destroy the fast food Pizza industry.

I used to work at Borders, the largest multinational bookstore in the world at the time. We got a "customer" come in to rant and rave about how we should only be selling Bibles. Nothing else, just Bibles. So, yes, this is a very believable scenario.

More polka-dot/pepperoni background in panel two. I wonder what it's supposed to represent mood-wise? It's once again used while Ashley Bridgette is talking in a heartfelt manner, but I don't know what that has to do with circles. ...I seem to remember a background like this being used for Grace a while back; at that time I think I just called it "bubbly" but if it's being used consistently that's clearly an oversimplification. (Incidentally, today the background is reminding me of those circles in the interior walls of the original TARDIS control room, so that's cool.)

Starburst background in panel three. *Yawn.*

Re: the commentary: So apparently one of the inspirations for this storyline were the trolls and other constantly complaining people on the forums back before Dan left...

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

There was someone on reddit that was pretty convinced that Pizza meant a specific thing and was basically demanding that Dan say what it was. I feel that when a person starts doing that, it's because they feel they need to know if they should be offended or not....And that's not healthy.

4 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Re: the commentary: So apparently one of the inspirations for this storyline were the trolls and other constantly complaining people on the forums back before Dan left...

I think it's more likely that Dan didn't successfully got rid of the trolls just because he left the forums and he is "inspired" enough by CURRENT trolls.

I used to work at Borders, the largest multinational bookstore in the world at the time. We got a "customer" come in to rant and rave about how we should only be selling Bibles. Nothing else, just Bibles. So, yes, this is a very believable scenario.

You should introduce him to some "customer" who thinks you should only be selling Qur'an.

9 hours ago, Wyrd42 said:

Funny, I seem to have overlooked the "Introduction to Structured Query Language" section of the Bible.

17 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

Funny, I seem to have overlooked the "Introduction to Structured Query Language" section of the Bible.

And the lord did say, you shall use the Inner Join for it is much faster...

12 hours ago, Wyrd42 said:

That degree of narrow-mindedness is painful to contemplate. It had to be in the US, I'm guessing South or Mid-West; but really it could be anywhere here.

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I think it's more likely that Dan didn't successfully got rid of the trolls just because he left the forums and he is "inspired" enough by CURRENT trolls.

I'm sure he didn't avoid the trolls entirely just by leaving the forums (though it must have improved things, seeing as he never came back). However he says in the commentary that he thought of the basics of this scenario "over a decade ago".