• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Sewell

NP Wednesday, July 3, 2019

I hate ketchup. I didn't even considered trying pizza until I found that only really cheap pizza contains ketchup while the good one contains tomato sauce.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

I hate ketchup. I didn't even considered trying pizza until I found that only really cheap pizza contains ketchup while the good one contains tomato sauce.

Ketchup on Pizza? Who does that?

4 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Ketchup on Pizza? Who does that?

When I was in first grade, I received a cook book which included a "Pizza" recipe that consisted of English Muffins, Ketchup, and Sliced Hot Dogs.

Now back when I worked at a Pizza place, we experimented with a Chicken Cordon Bleu Pizza, that was chicken and ham on the crust then covered with Bleu Cheese dressing off the salad bar instead of regular Pizza sauce.  The manager and I and several others liked it, but there was no way we could make it for sale.  Bleu Cheese baked in the Pizza oven was a remarkable experience in Funk, and I don't mean Soul Train.

Forgot to add...

As for Ketchup being a disappointment?

A few years ago, I tried a Hot Sauce produced in Jacksonville, FL that I thought had a nearly perfect blend of sweet and heat.  It wasn't until much later that I discovered that the primary ingredient was Ketchup, with Datil Peppers and Worcestershire Sauce added.

If just a little tinkering can turn crimson spackling compound into a remarkable sauce, why do the big condiment companies leave us with bottles of bland?

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Oops

8 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

http://egscomics.com/egsnp/pizza-05

Up before the story comic for a change.

the NP's been up before story for a few weeks now, Dan's been managing to get the NP's done early and up on Patreon a day before their up on the main site which happens at around 11pm EST, Dan's usually finishing up on the main story comics at that point so they're about an hour or 2 later.

Starburst background in panel one. *yawn*

13 hours ago, hkmaly said:

There are many different types of tomato sauce; for home-made pizzas they sell "pizza sauce" which tastes different from "spaghetti sauce". Also, I have never had a pizza made with ketchup before; I never knew that was even a thing.

7 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

When I was in first grade, I received a cook book which included a "Pizza" recipe that consisted of English Muffins, Ketchup, and Sliced Hot Dogs.

No cheese?

When I was a kid, we would sometimes make "English Muffin Pizzas" with spaghetti sauce and American Cheese. It didn't taste anything like real pizza, but it wasn't bad.

9 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

When I was in first grade, I received a cook book which included a "Pizza" recipe that consisted of English Muffins, Ketchup, and Sliced Hot Dogs

Ok, I can see that. Hopefully, you learned what actual pizza was before you graduated high school.

Now back when I worked at a Pizza place, we experimented with a Chicken Cordon Bleu Pizza, that was chicken and ham on the crust then covered with Bleu Cheese dressing off the salad bar instead of regular Pizza sauce.  The manager and I and several others liked it, but there was no way we could make it for sale.  Bleu Cheese baked in the Pizza oven was a remarkable experience in Funk, and I don't mean Soul Train.

Pizza with no tomato sauce can work; I suppose it's debatable at what point it's no longer pizza. Greek and Margherita pizzas are common offerings around here.

There's a truth in advertising issue going on as well. If you say "Pizza with tomato sauce" and hand me something with ketchup, in my mind, you've lied, allowances made for recent post toddlers.

As for Ketchup being a disappointment?

A few years ago, I tried a Hot Sauce produced in Jacksonville, FL that I thought had a nearly perfect blend of sweet and heat.  It wasn't until much later that I discovered that the primary ingredient was Ketchup, with Datil Peppers and Worcestershire Sauce added.

If just a little tinkering can turn crimson spackling compound into a remarkable sauce, why do the big condiment companies leave us with bottles of bland?

Ketchup can be wonderful stuff, in the right context. I expect it with fries, and will often use some on a burger or chicken sandwich. I don't have any of those all that often. Not all ketchup is equivalent, either, although the major brands are all very similar.

More on topic, I like how Mr. LargePizza's "... ought to clear that right up" is coming to fruition. Eh, fish in a barrel, really, but still ...

12 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

It's probably cheaper.