• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Pharaoh RutinTutin

NP Friday July 05, 2019

https://egscomics.com/egsnp/pizza-06

Do not let Largepizza's Pawn distract you with evidence, Kitty.

It is so much easier to maintain righteous indignation when you have no idea what you are talking about.
Easier still if you have no idea what "righteous indignation" actually may be.

Hmmmm ... if pizza is metaphor for sex it would still work :)
... what, Kitty is in miniskirt, of course I think about sex.

There are also lot of people having very strong opinion about abortion despite never being pregnant. Although that's little different case as they biologically can't.

However, there are foods you CAN actually recognize as something you wouldn't like without tasting them. The senses of taste and smell are connected, so you can get some idea by smelling the food. I don't think pizza would be one of such foods, though.

8 hours ago, hkmaly said:

There are also lot of people having very strong opinion about abortion despite never being pregnant. Although that's little different case as they biologically can't.

Laws about abortion are passed by majority-male legislatures.

However, there are foods you CAN actually recognize as something you wouldn't like without tasting them. The senses of taste and smell are connected, so you can get some idea by smelling the food. I don't think pizza would be one of such foods, though.

You can analyze their health impact. By calling pizza "trash", that seemed to be where Kitty was coming from.

I suppose this is going to be Green Eggs and Ham, isn't it?

Yay(?) for polka-dot/pepperoni/TARDIS-interrior background in panel one.

Yay for fiery background in panel two!

...Kitty's argument, including not having tried it, reminds me of something, but I can't put my finger on it.

11 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Well, if you don't like cheese or tomato sauce, you could tell you wouldn't like pizza from the smell... Also, if you disliked grease, most pizza-shop pizzas I've had would be a no-go.

2 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

You can analyze their health impact. By calling pizza "trash", that seemed to be where Kitty was coming from.

So it's junk food (at least as it's normally made; there are healthier variations). I wonder, does Kitty go around complaining about cakes at bakeries, or ice cream at ice cream places, or hamburgers and french fries at McDonald's? (Actually, I have heard plenty of people complaining about McDonald's food - though not actually at a McDonald's...)

5 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

(Actually, I have heard plenty of people complaining about McDonald's food - though not actually at a McDonald's...)

Every now and then I'll have a craving for a double quarter pounder with cheese.

But their fries are like eating strips of salty cardboard.

7 minutes ago, Scotty said:

But their fries are like eating strips of salty cardboard.

The McDonald's I've been to are rather inconsistent with their fries. The texture can vary from slightly chewier than a potato chip, to soft and floppy like a cross between a baked potato and a noodle. Meanwhile the salt can vary from barely noticeable to overwhelming. Once or twice I've felt the need to brush some of the salt off, but otherwise I usually find them an enjoyable snack (if a bit of a guilty pleasure). 

10 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:
18 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Laws about abortion are passed by majority-male legislatures.

That was exactly my point.

7 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Well, if you don't like cheese or tomato sauce, you could tell you wouldn't like pizza from the smell... Also, if you disliked grease, most pizza-shop pizzas I've had would be a no-go.

So it's junk food (at least as it's normally made; there are healthier variations). I wonder, does Kitty go around complaining about cakes at bakeries, or ice cream at ice cream places, or hamburgers and french fries at McDonald's? (Actually, I have heard plenty of people complaining about McDonald's food - though not actually at a McDonald's...)

It can be a healthy choice. Not a fan of greasy pizza, i tolerate pepperoni, if it's ordered, never my choice. Not keen on pineapple on pizza, either. I tend to like heavy on the veggie toppings and some, but light, meat.

7 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

...Kitty's argument, including not having tried it, reminds me of something, but I can't put my finger on it

It's not entirely wrong. There are things in life I have no desire to try. Even foods. Certain cultures are said to find the back end of large spiders delicious. I'll pass; they may be right, but it doesn't seem worth the mental gymnastics to get to where I'd eat one.