• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Tom Sewell

Story Wednesday, July 10, 2019

3 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

How about 3/4 Immortal? Adrian doesn't know seem to know much about Diane's mom...

I'd find it hard to believe that Diane would be more of an Elf than Adrian.

4 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I'd find it hard to believe that Diane would be more of an Elf than Adrian.

It's a possibility until Dan says it ain't. Anyway, I expect that Diane will have a hell of an aura if Luke ever gets to see it.

1 minute ago, Tom Sewell said:

It's a possibility until Dan says it ain't. Anyway, I expect that Diane will have a hell of an aura if Luke ever gets to see it.

Well if we do go by the fact that Immortal's magic is undetectable, it would seem to make sense that the closer one's DNA gets to being 100% Immortal, the harder it should be to detect.

12 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:
16 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Tedd had never seen Susan using her magic--still hasn't.

If I recall correctly, Tedd was the subject of a few hammer retrievals (and subsequent whacking). I don't recall which way he was facing, though, I suppose he could have missed the retrieval.

Tedd also saw Susan make a fairy doll in Playing with Dolls.

1 minute ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Did Susan Summon a fairy doll in that story?

As I said earlier, Susan never actually summoned a fairy doll in Playing With Dolls where we could see it. The only one of her fairy dolls who was active at Tedd's was Little Nase. The others were all summons by Nanase, who became dolls when Nanase took back her consciousness.

Well, Tedd did some analysis of Susan's fairydoll spell. Perhaps he did get to see a fairydoll summoned, or perhaps just having it present was sufficient for that analysis.

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

As I said earlier, Susan never actually summoned a fairy doll in Playing With Dolls where we could see it. The only one of her fairy dolls who was active at Tedd's was Little Nase. The others were all summons by Nanase, who became dolls when Nanase took back her consciousness.

Tedd watched her summon Nana Here.  Actual summon done here

Tedd watched her summon Nana Here.

No, Tedd observed Susan controlling Lil Nase once comic before and then shared his observation.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

Actual summon done here

You're one comic off; the actual summoning of the Susan doll by Nanase is in the first panel here. Little Nase hasn't been seen since this comic with the Tedd doll, but there isn't any indication that Susan re-summoned Little Nase at any time between.

I have to take care of something that will take four or five hours or so, so I won't be able to respond to any further comments for awhile.

47 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

You're one comic off; the actual summoning of the Susan doll by Nanase is in the first panel here. Little Nase hasn't been seen since this comic with the Tedd doll, but there isn't any indication that Susan re-summoned Little Nase at any time between.

No, mlooney was right, the last panel of the comic he linked that you said was off was showing Nanase holding Little Nase (note the difference in hair), which Susan had to re-summon in order for Nanase to feel what Susan felt holding Nanase.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

No, mlooney was right, the last panel of the comic he linked that you said was off was showing Nanase holding Little Nase (note the difference in hair), which Susan had to re-summon in order for Nanase to feel what Susan felt holding Nanase.

Susan did reveal that Little Nase had disappeared in http://egscomics.com/egsnp/2014-10-27. So Susan did re-summon Little Nase, probably so Nanase could feel a fairy in her own hands. It isn't shown, but since Tedd was right there, Tedd (finally) saw Susan use her magic for something other than summoning hammers. YOU WON THE ARGUMENT!! 
Mostly...

Edited by Tom Sewell
Corrected myself.

20 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

How could you forget?

I do hope your tongue is firmly pressing against your cheek. I haven't, nor intend to, memorize every detail of EGS nor any other comic I read. That space is already full of "Kill the wabbit" and such.

I meant that Playing with Dolls is one of best and parts of EGS.

20 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

... make a wand with it.

I could see him adding it as a feature to the glasses. At the very least wearing the spell as a watch.

The watches are technically a wand. Yes, he can do a glasses-shaped wand with such spell, maybe even adding it to his usually glasses if it wouldn't interfere with other spells on them.

20 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
23 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Tedd saw Susan using her fairy doll spell and explained a lot about it. How could you forget?

Susan isn't shown summoning any fairy dolls in the entirety of Playing With Dolls. Susan has Little Nase with her at Tedd's, but we don't know when Susan summoned her. And when we see her sleeping with a bunch of her dolls in the last comic, she would have had to take them home and put her in her chest or whatever she uses along with the original fairy doll before she could summon them.

While it's not SHOWN, I wouldn't be surprised if she summoned it when entering the house. But that doesn't matter, Tedd is seeing her USING the spell - not casting it, but changing the parameters.

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:
2 hours ago, Scotty said:

Susan did reveal that Little Nase had disappeared in http://egscomics.com/egsnp/2014-10-27. So Susan did re-summon Little Nase, probably so Nanase could feel a fairy in her own hands. It isn't shown, but since Tedd was right there, Tedd (finally) saw Susan use her magic for something other than summoning hammers. YOU WON THE ARGUMENT!! 
Mostly...

(fixed link) ... so yes, he also saw her summon her.

19 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
On 7/14/2019 at 9:50 PM, hkmaly said:

I'm pretty sure Edward, even in different department, still counts as part of "Magic Police". But yes, Wolf and Cranium works for Arthur now.

Let's not forget that Arthur wasn't willing to send help against that summoned dragon, a menace that he clearly knew couldn't be stopped without magic. Remember, they are the Secret (Magic) Police.

I kind of think Dan regrets putting that plot point in. Arthur has gotten very much nicer since.

Actually, he did NOT know that someone is keeping the dragon summoned and assumed normal police could just shoot it.

And he directly said that it's because the dragon is too in public.

Just now, Tom Sewell said:
Mostly...

And Little Nase arrived with Susan initially, I believe Susan had her stashed in the bag she brought with her to carry the dolls home.

On 7/15/2019 at 8:06 PM, hkmaly said:

I meant that Playing with Dolls is one of best and parts of EGS.

I liked it, but for me it didn't stand out so much. I liked the card game a lot. To each their own.

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

The watches are technically a wand.

Yes. Although Pandora distiguished, "Let's have you make a proper wand."

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Yes, he can do a glasses-shaped wand with such spell, ...

I would say, we can infer that he can. A. It's not that different, and B. That's probably what he was doing with the glasses early on.

Edited by Darth Fluffy
Cut an unused quote.

23 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Let's see now, two generations removed from an Immortal. How many other characters in EGS have that in their resume?

Let's not forget that Arthur wasn't willing to send help against that summoned dragon, a menace that he clearly knew couldn't be stopped without magic. Remember, they are the Secret (Magic) Police.

I kind of think Dan regrets putting that plot point in. Arthur has gotten very much nicer since.

I don't think he's changed that much. "Nice" is there, but doesn't seem to be his core. I'd say principled, pragmatic, within his understanding, a bit set in his ways and inflexible, but not too much, he's adapted to changing dynamics.

22 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

The watches are technically a wand.

Yes. Although Pandora distiguished, "Let's have you make a proper wand."

Pandora MIGHT be little old-fashioned.

22 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Yes, he can do a glasses-shaped wand with such spell, ...

I would say, we can infer that he can. A. It's not that different, and B. That's probably what he was doing with the glasses early on.

Well, yes, it's not completely confirmed but we can assume he can.

Note that we can't be sure if the glasses are magic, technology or both and which part he tinkered with.

9 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Which would be odd considering she's kept up to date on pop culture references.

13 hours ago, Scotty said:
22 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Which would be odd considering she's kept up to date on pop culture references.

Wait ... you expect her behavior would be CONSISTENT?