• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Tom Sewell

Story Monday, July 15, 2019

Grace thinks Sarah is the perfect woman, and also wants Sarah as a sister.

Wait, does that mean Tedd isn't a perfect woman? When Tedd is a woman, I mean.

Or does she think both Tedd and Sarah are perfect?

Either way, MOAR fuel for the OT3 Ship!

13 minutes ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

did grace's imagination give Ashley Susan's proportions or something? she seems taller...

Nah, it's probably the dress making her legs look longer, and it's hard to tell her proportions when compared to Grace being in the panel.

Grace hasn't met Ashley yet, although she may have seen pictures of her.

This reminds me of a Luann from a few weeks ago when Tiffany was about to meet Gunther's new girlfriend, Bets. It showed the mental images each had of the other before they actually met. Neither of their conceptions approached reality.

This is actually an argument for the party -- Ashley's image in Grace's thoughts has become less like the real Ashley in the same way that any description becomes less accurate when it's second or third hand. Once Grace has personally seen Ashley her mental image of Ashley will be a lot less distorted, which in Ashley's case means nicer.

6 minutes ago, Haylo said:

Once Grace has personally seen Ashley her mental image of Ashley will be a lot less distorted, which in Ashley's case means nicer.

Which is what happened when Tiffany and Bets met each other. Doesn't mean things will stay peaceful, though; unlike Grace,  the Tiffany in Luann is definitely attracted to the same guy, and she's got more history with him.

This will feel like a failure to Grace if she does not finish this party confident that she likes Ashley and that everyone else accepts Tedd's apprentice.

So what will be the trigger?

Wild Speculation

Susan and Ashley bond over Jeremy

6 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Susan and Ashley bond over Jeremy

Assuming Susan comes to the party. Still, eight people are supposed to be at the party, with Ashley replacing Susan as the eighth. 

A couple of people could be there but not there, like they were there but not there at Grace's birthday party: Helen and Demetrius. Karaoke, anyone?

39 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Assuming Susan comes to the party. Still, eight people are supposed to be at the party, with Ashley replacing Susan as the eighth. 

A couple of people could be there but not there, like they were there but not there at Grace's birthday party: Helen and Demetrius. Karaoke, anyone?

and then somehow we wind up with all 33 characters present. because shenanigans.

1 minute ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

and then somehow we wind up with all 33 characters present. because shenanigans.

Thirty-three? Hmm. A longer list than even I thought might show up. I think I will make my own list instead of going to sleep like I should have, oh, six, seven hours ago.

1. Pizza Delivery Person: This was Matt Cohen at Grace's party, but an anonymous but pretty young woman delivered a bunch of pizzas to a very hungry Magus near the end of Sister III.
  2. Susan: She can change her mind.
  3. Diane: Quite possible Susan will have talked to Diane about the party, and Diane might want to come along to support Susan, and maybe draw off some unwanted attention from Susan.
  4. Luke: Luke does have magic, and Justin might ask him if he wants to come. Handy for observing auras.
  5. Lucy: Only if Diane comes, and then only if Diane decides to reveal some of her secret to Lucy. 
  6. Catalina: Susan might bring her along, or she might come with Rhoda.
  7. Rhoda:  Either Diane or Grace might have asked her. I kind of think it's more likely that Diane, Lucy are having dinner together this Saturday night with Rhoda and Catalina.
  8. Zeus: He's going to be keeping an eye on Susan and Diane, so if either one of them is at the party, Zeus should be there (but invisible, unless something happens--which it probably will.)
  9. William, and...
  10. Gillian, the Uryuom couple who gave Tedd his first transformation gun. They haven't visited for nearly a  year now. 
  11. Van, Tedd's half-sibling. And, of course...
  12. Noriko, Tedd's and Van's mom. Or "mum" in Van's case. The biggest reason for them to come is that Van now knows Tedd exists. It also occurs to me now that the reason Edward has arranged to be out of the house is that he doesn't want to see Noriko, at least yet.
  13. Voltaire, most likely to gloat.
  14. Pandora, if she can return yet.
  15. Noah might come if Justin wants him, or even as part of the Raven family (which includes, of course, Susan and Diane.)
  16. Adrian might come as, well, but would need persuading.
  17. Melissa might be a possibility if Noah comes. Seeing Justin with Luke might be good for her--or might not.
  18. Sam seems very unlikely, unless something happened on Friday night.

Well, with the eight who are definitely supposed to be at the party plus Helen and Demetrius, that makes 28. Who do you have in mind to make up the other five?

4 minutes ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

Greg, because he doesn't get enough screen time, neither does Charlotte, and grace's siblings are due for an appearance.

Shoulda thought of them. That would bring our theoretical attendance up to 33.

Maybe Magus might even show up. He needs to eat and sleep now, and I don't know how he managed to get a motel room and pay for all that pizza. Who else does he know on Moperville-Earth who might help him?

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

Maybe Magus might even show up. He needs to eat and sleep now, and I don't know how he managed to get a motel room and pay for all that pizza. Who else does he know on Moperville-Earth who might help him?

He snooped around and found how to get access to Sirleck's money.

1 hour ago, Don Edwards said:

That is, of course canon,  but I still wonder about that.  In the modern world, knowing where some one has their money isn't the same as having access to it.  Assuming, of course, it's not a big pile of cash and/or gold and silver.

42 minutes ago, mlooney said:

In the modern world, knowing where some one has their money isn't the same as having access to it.  Assuming, of course, it's not a big pile of cash and/or gold and silver.

It could have been a list of URLs, account numbers, and passwords.

Or just the userid and password for Sirleck's password manager, and enough cash to buy a smartphone his credit card.

10 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Thirty-three? Hmm. A longer list than even I thought might show up. I think I will make my own list instead of going to sleep like I should have, oh, six, seven hours ago.

1. Pizza Delivery Person: This was Matt Cohen at Grace's party, but an anonymous but pretty young woman delivered a bunch of pizzas to a very hungry Magus near the end of Sister III.
  2. Susan: She can change her mind.
  3. Diane: Quite possible Susan will have talked to Diane about the party, and Diane might want to come along to support Susan, and maybe draw off some unwanted attention from Susan.
  4. Luke: Luke does have magic, and Justin might ask him if he wants to come. Handy for observing auras.
  5. Lucy: Only if Diane comes, and then only if Diane decides to reveal some of her secret to Lucy. 
  6. Catalina: Susan might bring her along, or she might come with Rhoda.
  7. Rhoda:  Either Diane or Grace might have asked her. I kind of think it's more likely that Diane, Lucy are having dinner together this Saturday night with Rhoda and Catalina.
  8. Zeus: He's going to be keeping an eye on Susan and Diane, so if either one of them is at the party, Zeus should be there (but invisible, unless something happens--which it probably will.)
  9. William, and...
  10. Gillian, the Uryuom couple who gave Tedd his first transformation gun. They haven't visited for nearly a  year now. 
  11. Van, Tedd's half-sibling. And, of course...
  12. Noriko, Tedd's and Van's mom. Or "mum" in Van's case. The biggest reason for them to come is that Van now knows Tedd exists. It also occurs to me now that the reason Edward has arranged to be out of the house is that he doesn't want to see Noriko, at least yet.
  13. Voltaire, most likely to gloat.
  14. Pandora, if she can return yet.
  15. Noah might come if Justin wants him, or even as part of the Raven family (which includes, of course, Susan and Diane.)
  16. Adrian might come as, well, but would need persuading.
  17. Melissa might be a possibility if Noah comes. Seeing Justin with Luke might be good for her--or might not.
  18. Sam seems very unlikely, unless something happened on Friday night.

Well, with the eight who are definitely supposed to be at the party plus Helen and Demetrius, that makes 28. Who do you have in mind to make up the other five?

Elliot knows that Melissa is aware of magic, and Justin should know that Noah is as well.

I don't recall that anyone else (human) know about Rhoda and Catalina's magic.

Susan is already invited. Diane could be invited by Susan or Nanase. A few of the crew were present for "you're a vampire slayer". I think Lucy might be a stretch at this point.

We'll see.

6 hours ago, mlooney said:
7 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

That is, of course canon,  but I still wonder about that.  In the modern world, knowing where some one has their money isn't the same as having access to it.  Assuming, of course, it's not a big pile of cash and/or gold and silver.

That "little" detail evaded me somehow. But it inspires a brand-new, maybe not-so-crackpot plot theory. Elliot and Ellen's dad is supposed to be an accountant. Well, if he works for the FBI, it follows that he knows forensic accounting. In other words, how to follow money. Mr. Dunkel might just follow Sirleck's ill-gotten gains to Magus. I doubt Magus has much expertise in money-laundering or how easy it is to trace credit-card transactions. Not much application for dragon-fighting.

I see Grace didn't remembered that Ashley has so little power it's weird for wizard. "Tremble before my power"? Not for few years.

... now, I can totally see Ashley calling omega Grace adorable. When Grace tries to use that form to scare her I mean.

20 hours ago, Scotty said:
20 hours ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

did grace's imagination give Ashley Susan's proportions or something? she seems taller...

Nah, it's probably the dress making her legs look longer, and it's hard to tell her proportions when compared to Grace being in the panel.

Dress AND the high heels.

12 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

If you count fairies as people.

11 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Zeus: He's going to be keeping an eye on Susan and Diane, so if either one of them is at the party, Zeus should be there (but invisible, unless something happens--which it probably will.)

Unless something happens OR there would be actual alcohol there.

37 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:
7 hours ago, mlooney said:
8 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

That "little" detail evaded me somehow. But it inspires a brand-new, maybe not-so-crackpot plot theory. Elliot and Ellen's dad is supposed to be an accountant. Well, if he works for the FBI, it follows that he knows forensic accounting. In other words, how to follow money. Mr. Dunkel might just follow Sirleck's ill-gotten gains to Magus. I doubt Magus has much expertise in money-laundering or how easy it is to trace credit-card transactions. Not much application for dragon-fighting.

Magus doesn't ... however, Sirleck DOES. It's entirely possible the money ARE big pile of gold and silver EXACTLY to make them hard to track. Or they could even be on card (debit card it's called) connected to account which SIRLECK set up in relatively safe way so Magus won't reveal himself immediately when he uses the card.

Of course, it's possible Mr. Dunkel is so good he will trace him anyway.

5 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I don't recall that anyone else (human) know about Rhoda and Catalina's magic.

Grace at least suspects that Catalina and Grace have magic from her special dreams. And given Grace's extraordinary skills in observing physical features and dimensions, it seems plausible that Grace suspects by now that Rhoda has been either been using some type of transformation magic or is spending a lot of money on hair extensions and padded bras.

And don't forget that Nanase's sister actually saw Rhoda transform before her eyes. Nothing seems to have come of that yet...

So, we've skipped over the Friday Night dates again... If I remember, Justin/Luke and Diane/Lucy had dates this Friday, right? Does anybody remember if Sarah and Sam were going to be meeting as well (I really want to see how their next date goes)?

On 7/15/2019 at 0:20 AM, Darth Fluffy said:

Grace has gotten angsty lately.

Angst was pretty common for Grace up to her birthday party; and Jerry pointed out that even after that her bubbly surface persona was partially a result of repressing a lot of her negative emotions. So I suspect a bit of angst is normal for her, and will remain so for quite some in-comic time.

Reminding myself that Akiko has seen Rhoda transform (but didn't seem to know that Rhoda knew Nanase) makes me wonder about Akiko going to the party. What's my excuse for that? Well, it could be simply that Nanase has to sit Akiko tonight. It could also be that Mama Kitsune knows that with Nanase bringing Akiko along, there won't be any R-rated things going on at the party.

I also forgot a really obvious surprise guest: The Demonic Duck. It's been way too long since the Duck of Distraction has appeared in a canon comic.

Nanase bringing Akiko would mean that Nanase and the party attendees were willing to let her know about all of them having magic. How much does Nanase trust Akiko not to reveal it to their parents?

5 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Reminding myself that Akiko has seen Rhoda transform (but didn't seem to know that Rhoda knew Nanase) makes me wonder about Akiko going to the party. What's my excuse for that? Well, it could be simply that Nanase has to sit Akiko tonight. It could also be that Mama Kitsune knows that with Nanase bringing Akiko along, there won't be any R-rated things going on at the party.

Mama Kitsune knows that NANASE wouldn't be doing anything R-rated with Akiko around. I don't believe she's willing to risk everyone else would behave. Also, I don't think she's THAT much against Nanase doing R-rated stuff ... Nanase is adult now and even before that, we didn't saw any complains about sex. Complains about alcohol, yes. Sex, no.

24 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Nanase bringing Akiko would mean that Nanase and the party attendees were willing to let her know about all of them having magic. How much does Nanase trust Akiko not to reveal it to their parents?

That's obviously assuming Akiko isn't already spying on Nanase for Mrs. Kitsune. :)

And, again, note that Mrs. Kitsune knows more than she admits and quite likely can predict there is going to be magic on party. So, unless she WANTS Akiko to learn (about) magic, why would she send her with Nanase?