• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Sewell

Story Friday, July 19, 2018

Y'know, an animated version of EGS would be fun, with over the top character theme and mood music, and a cheesy laugh track. And sound effects, like "Boing" when the eyeballs contract like that. Some kind of disco theme for the spots on the background.

"Best date", ..., hmmm, ... Sam must have opened up and talked to her, she would value the intimacy of deepening trust. I'll bet he didn't tell her everything. She may still know less than Grace.

Just now, Darth Fluffy said:

"Best date", ..., hmmm, ... Sam must have opened up and talked to her, she would value the intimacy of deepening trust. I'll bet he didn't tell her everything. She may still know less than Grace.

Maybe they too went to the bowling alley and ended up hanging out with Justin and Luke, maybe Sarah spotted Diane and wanted to meet her because of the resemblance to Susan and it ended up being one mega-date, and so Sam never got the chance to talk to Sarah about his feelings towards dating.

27 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Or could it be that Sarah lost that pesky virginity? Nah...

Funny, I had that same thought, but it does not seem likely.

Yay for polka-dot/TARDIS interior background in panel eight! (I'm counting the open space at the beginning as a panel.)

...I still wonder exactly what that background is supposed to signify...

Well, I guess Sam must not have told Sarah he's not sure about dating...

29 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

Well, I guess Sam must not have told Sarah he's not sure about dating...

What Sam thinks he should do about Sarah when he isn't with Sarah may be quite different with what he actually does when he's with Sarah. There's a word for this: normal. I think it's more likely Sam would tell Sarah he has magic or that he was born female than "just friend" her yet.

On 7/19/2019 at 2:15 PM, Darth Fluffy said:
On 7/19/2019 at 1:47 PM, Tom Sewell said:

Or could it be that Sarah lost that pesky virginity? Nah...

Funny, I had that same thought, but it does not seem likely.

Funny?

I would consider it most logical first reaction. Like, sure, it doesn't seem likely on second though, but I still wouldn't be surprised if someone in comics reacted by such question. Although probably not Grace. Nanase maybe.

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Funny?

I would consider it most logical first reaction. Like, sure, it doesn't seem likely on second though, but I still wouldn't be surprised if someone in comics reacted by such question. Although probably not Grace. Nanase maybe.

Peculiar for my perception of the EGS universe, not based on our own. Although I think there is quite a bit of truth to this as well, many folks waiting until college to become active. <shrug> Dunno, just an impression.

I could even take Sarah's "I'm still a virgin" complaint as more about Elliot not taking the initiative than about actually wishing she wasn't a virgin. From what I know of women, never having been one, she wants to feel valued and desired; sex is good, but it's not the main goal. I'm sure YMMV; there's 7 billion of us, with a varied mix of motivations. (I'm assuming they have a similarly populated planet.)

On 7/30/2019 at 3:19 AM, Darth Fluffy said:

I'm sure YMMV

Well, I'm not women either.

That doesn't change the fact that I consider thinking about best date equaling with sex as logical reaction, especially from men.

I could even take Sarah's "I'm still a virgin" complaint as more about Elliot not taking the initiative than about actually wishing she wasn't a virgin.

Note that Sarah seems to be more kinky than average, at least in what she thinks about. She may actually wish to lose virginity even if it's rare for women.

there's 7 billion of us, with a varied mix of motivations. (I'm assuming they have a similarly populated planet.)

You don't need to assume ; it was directly mentioned in canon.

32 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

That doesn't change the fact that I consider thinking about best date equaling with sex as logical reaction, especially from men.

Yes, yes, we do have a tendency to think with the tiny lizard brain rather than the huge meat computer. Hmm, I guess "Thinking with the little head" has more than one meaning.

I have come to find that I prefer a woman that I can also have a conversation with.

Note that Sarah seems to be more kinky than average, at least in what she thinks about. She may actually wish to lose virginity even if it's rare for women.

I think she's fairly tame and conventional. Sorry, dude, but I cringe at the second part of your statement. A desire for sex is normal, if it weren't we would not have a libido. That said, it's not normal in every circumstance, I don't presume, and Good God, "No" means f@#%ng "No".

In the state where i live, they teach abstinence only. The kids come out clueless and spread various forms of VD. And get pregnant, because they haven't been educated to use contraception.

Virginity is seriously oversold.

You don't need to assume ; it was directly mentioned in canon.

Ah, so it was.

19 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:
20 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Yes, yes, we do have a tendency to think with the tiny lizard brain rather than the huge meat computer. Hmm, I guess "Thinking with the little head" has more than one meaning.

The "lizard brain" theory is totally wrong, by the way. But metaphorically speaking, the first reaction is always going to be simple reaction, because it takes time to produce complex reaction.

(Just noticed I forgot to add the "first" there - logical FIRST reaction, as in original post)

I have come to find that I prefer a woman that I can also have a conversation with.

Me too. I wouldn't label date which would be JUST sex as best one either.

I think she's fairly tame and conventional.

Lot of women must be pretending, then.

Sorry, dude, but I cringe at the second part of your statement. A desire for sex is normal, if it weren't we would not have a libido. That said, it's not normal in every circumstance, I don't presume, and Good God, "No" means f@#%ng "No".

I'm not sure what you refers to, unless you are equaling "wanting to lose virginity" with "wanting to lose virginity as soon as possible no matter the circumstances". I didn't meant she wants to be raped. Just that she wanted to lose virginity with Elliot (who was her long-term boyfriend) so much she was disappointed he didn't do anything with it ... although not SO much she would directly ask for it.

In the state where i live, they teach abstinence only. The kids come out clueless and spread various forms of VD. And get pregnant, because they haven't been educated to use contraception.

Virginity is seriously oversold.

I find the "abstinence only" education also weird. In fact, how can someone claim to finish sexual education without having sex? That's like finishing chemistry without ever doing any experiment - wait, due to safety concerns, the number of experiments kids are allowed to do is shrinking dramatically ... there might be general trend here ...

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

The "lizard brain" theory is totally wrong, by the way.

Fine, call it what you will, your sex drive is linked to a very small piece of nerve bundle/endocrine tissue. It's located where what I would erroneously call the lizard brain would be.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Lot of women must be pretending, then.

My admittedly small vs 7 billion sample set says, "Yes, we all mask our true intentions, most of the time." Often from ourselves.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

I'm not sure what you refers to, unless you are equaling "wanting to lose virginity" with "wanting to lose virginity as soon as possible no matter the circumstances". I didn't meant she wants to be raped. Just that she wanted to lose virginity with Elliot (who was her long-term boyfriend) so much she was disappointed he didn't do anything with it ... although not SO much she would directly ask for it.

Sorry, not meaning that you would be such a bonehead, but there are people, I'll go out on a limb and say primarily male, who hear "Women want to have sex" as "I have permission".

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

I find the "abstinence only" education also weird. In fact, how can someone claim to finish sexual education without having sex? That's like finishing chemistry without ever doing any experiment - wait, due to safety concerns, the number of experiments kids are allowed to do is shrinking dramatically ... there might be general trend here ...

You mean like "How can you murder abortionists because you're pro-life?" ? And there's this.

You can't buy the chemistry sets commonly sold when I was a child. They are lawsuit bait.

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

You mean like "How can you murder abortionists because you're pro-life?" ? And there's this.

You can't buy the chemistry sets commonly sold when I was a child. They are lawsuit bait.

... yeah. There definitely IS a general trend and it's not a good one.

(I hope noone in GOP heard that flour can explode. They might decide to ban so dangerous product. Or re-label it as weapon, which would then be protected by second amendment ...)

6 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

(I hope noone in GOP heard that flour can explode. They might decide to ban so dangerous product. Or re-label it as weapon, which would then be protected by second amendment ...)

The Washington state legislature DID consider a bill to ban possession of anything that could be used to make an explosive. But after a number of witnesses informed them that virtually every household in the state was in violation, and that it was illegal for a landlord to rent out a house that was not in violation even before the tenants moved in, they killed the bill in committee.

25 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

and that it was illegal for a landlord to rent out a house that was not in violation

Wait what? I see the flour was not the most ridiculous example ...

Anyway, what a pleasant surprise that legislators have enough sense to not let that pass.

Wood, drywall, rubber, plastics, and several other common construction materials can, in powdered form, be used as ingredients in an explosive mixture. In fact, just about any combustible substance can be made to explode when powdered and set on fire in the presence of sufficient oxygen. Also, just about all household cleaning chemicals are highly volatile and flammable.

5 hours ago, ijuin said:

Wood, drywall, rubber, plastics, and several other common construction materials can, in powdered form, be used as ingredients in an explosive mixture. In fact, just about any combustible substance can be made to explode when powdered and set on fire in the presence of sufficient oxygen. Also, just about all household cleaning chemicals are highly volatile and flammable.

Do you remember the video of the guy lighting a grill with LOX?  Watch for the grill igniting.

13 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Anyway, what a pleasant surprise that legislators have enough sense to not let that pass.

Electricity and water. Run electricity through the water to release a lovely mix of hydrogen and oxygen in exactly the right proportions for complete and rapid combustion,.

7 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Electricity and water. Run electricity through the water to release a lovely mix of hydrogen and oxygen in exactly the right proportions for complete and rapid combustion,.

... true, although it takes the "could be used to make an explosive" little further than I expected ...