• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Pharaoh RutinTutin

NP Wednesday July 24, 2019

And self-demonstrating, since Tedd is looking cute here . . .

Also, since when is three cupcakes a lot for an 18-year-old? Come back after you've matched Grace's challenge of the "Pancake Mount Doom", and then we'll talk, Elliot.

4 hours ago, ijuin said:

Also, since when is three cupcakes a lot for an 18-year-old? Come back after you've matched Grace's challenge of the "Pancake Mount Doom", and then we'll talk, Elliot.

I'm imagining they were big cupcakes, and that he ate them right after having lots and lots of spaghetti. Of course if you're comparing Elliot to teenagers with seemingly bottomless stomachs, how much spaghetti you imaging he ate is still the deciding factor there.

Alternately, Elliot doesn't have a bottomless stomach despite being a physically active teenager, in which you could read that line as a joke about him considering three cupcakes a lot.

2 hours ago, AFNB said:

Glasses again? Maybe Tedd is feeling insecure.

It was suggested a while back (Squirrel Prophet, I think) that Tedd might actually need glasses, he just hasn't been diagnosed. Dan has also talked before about considering giving Tedd proper glasses.

The commentary suggests that this is an experiment on Dan's part to see how Tedd looks in glasses in Dan's current style. ...If Dan does decide to give Tedd glasses, then my headcanon is that this story is set after Tedd gets those glasses.

Looks like this confirms that Nanase isn't the only one who burns calories to power magic, of course it's not exactly the same, while Nanase can choose to use caloric energy over magic, Elliot's super healing in Cheerleadra form requires it.

It actually makes sense though since there could easily be cases where Elliot (or anyone with a similar spell) might find themself seriously injured and have nearly exhausted their magic energy and there's not enough ambient energy to help, burning calories would mean survival.

1 hour ago, AFNB said:

Glasses again? Maybe Tedd is feeling insecure.

I dunno, glasses can look sexy on a person, I recall a few strips from It'sWalky! Where Billy finally went and got glasses and then Danny thought her hotness factor jumped. Tedd might just be wanting to be sexy.

...I remember there being a wallpaper image Willis did where Billie's hiding from all the guys because her new glasses had effected them too, but I can't find it anymore. I dunno of Willis lost a bunch of the old It'sWalky art or what cus they're not even on the deviantart page.

There's a difference between wearing stuff to hide behind and wearing stuff because you want to. I wore boring t-shirts and shorts before i came out as trans, but afterwards? Cute t-shirts and shorts, with patterns and colors.

On 7/24/2019 at 3:56 AM, ijuin said:

Tedd is looking cute here . . .

Are you kidding?  She's looking absolutely adorable!

On 7/24/2019 at 4:12 PM, Scotty said:

Looks like this confirms that Nanase isn't the only one who burns calories to power magic, of course it's not exactly the same, while Nanase can choose to use caloric energy over magic, Elliot's super healing in Cheerleadra form requires it.

Yet another reason to wish for magic....besides wanting to be taller..... ;-)

On 7/24/2019 at 4:12 PM, Scotty said:

It actually makes sense though since there could easily be cases where Elliot (or anyone with a similar spell) might find themself seriously injured and have nearly exhausted their magic energy and there's not enough ambient energy to help, burning calories would mean survival.

It would make more sense, in that case, to be able to draw from any or all of those sources of power!

On 7/24/2019 at 5:00 PM, weirdee said:

There's a difference between wearing stuff to hide behind and wearing stuff because you want to. I wore boring t-shirts and shorts before i came out as trans, but afterwards? Cute t-shirts and shorts, with patterns and colors.

Hmm, I'm so used to T-shirts being a way to express your fandom for a show/comic/movie/band/etc, or to make a grammar joke, or wear a cute animal, or.....I have a very hard time picturing what could possibly be a "boring t-shirt."  Aren't blank T-shirts just what they look like before the image is printed on them?  ;-)

3 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Taller? I'd like to have Rhoda's spells and shrink people! :D

Yes, the webcomics, done by amateur authors, often makes more sense than professional comics, because the author actually CARES about them.

14 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:
On 7/24/2019 at 11:12 PM, Scotty said:

As if the magic itself wouldn't be something to wish for even if it WOULDN'T enhance your metabolism.

14 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

It would make more sense, in that case, to be able to draw from any or all of those sources of power!

It's possible that it uses both magic and calories, but using magic is unremarkable, while using calories is something worth explicitly mentioning.

Well, using calories to power magical effects is worth mentioning. Using calories to power non-magical biological processes is highly mundane.

19 hours ago, ijuin said:

Well, using calories to power magical effects is worth mentioning. Using calories to power non-magical biological processes is highly mundane.

If it would be non-magical biological process it wouldn't be as fast. Obviously it's magical healing.

Well, I meant that it is quite mundane and boring to be using calories to power our day-to-day non-magical living, since everything that is alive does that.