• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Pharaoh RutinTutin

Story Monday July 29, 2019

Nothing Ellen's said in the last two comics seems overly awkward; the reactions seem to be a bit exaggerated. Foreshadowing of trouble between Elliot and Ashley? I would not have expected that, but in spite of the mall date starting out so well, Ashley's been stressed and had negative emotional response to their time together, and/or from the keeping of secrets. Maybe Liz was foreshadowing as well.

I'm hoping this doesn't fall into foreshadowing,  as I'd rather not have Yet Another Angst Teen Comic.  Obsessed over their relationships, sure.  Angsty about them?  Would rather not read that.

Just now, Darth Fluffy said:

Nothing Ellen's said in the last two comics seems overly awkward; the reactions seem to be a bit exaggerated. Foreshadowing of trouble between Elliot and Ashley? I would not have expected that, but in spite of the mall date starting out so well, Ashley's been stressed and had negative emotional response to their time together, and/or from the keeping of secrets. Maybe Liz was foreshadowing as well.

Someone on discord commented that Ellen's calling Ashley a sister might get Elliot thinking that way too, and it'd end up like Elliot and Sarah's relationship.

It seems more possible than Ashley falling for Tedd.

I think Ellen is just in that situation where she really wants things to go well, really wants everything to be perfect for Elliot's sake, and is thus *way* overthinking everything she says and over-reacting to anything she says that even might be a problem.  She's overswinging and overcorrecting.  Once everyone gets used to each other and calms down, I think things will be fine.

But before that happens, I wanna know how Ashley reacts to the news that there's a female duplicate of her boyfriend who's into girls.... ;-)

5 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

I think Ellen is just in that situation where she really wants things to go well, really wants everything to be perfect for Elliot's sake, and is thus *way* overthinking everything she says and over-reacting to anything she says that even might be a problem.  She's overswinging and overcorrecting.  Once everyone gets used to each other and calms down, I think things will be fine.

Yes. And seems that both Ashley and Elliot are aware of it and it makes it more awkward for them.

6 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

But before that happens, I wanna know how Ashley reacts to the news that there's a female duplicate of her boyfriend who's into girls.... ;-)

She already knows that doesn't she? Although it's possible she didn't have time to process it, with all the other stuff Magus mentioned ...

... speaking about Elliot and Ellen being duplicates, maybe Ellen is attracted to Ashley as well? Obviously, she's not going to drop Nanase, but her "dragon sister" might have something common with Tedd's "ugly cousin" ...

4 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

She already knows Ellen is not Elliot's twin, but was created by the dewitchery diamond. I can't recall her seeing Ellen being obviously affectionate with Nanase. But Ashley not wanting to hurt people should mean she won't mess with their relationship. And wanting to be with Elliot with Elliot as a girl is a pretty low bar. I suspect she prefers part time anyway.

I do see her as being bonded to Ashley through the shared ordeal, and feeling protective of Ashley, who was after all, a near neophyte in dealing with the supernatural (although , she did well with the griffins.)

11 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Ellen's actions in this page definitely highlight her similarity to Elliot--the "overthinking, overswinging and overcorrecting" is the sort of thing that he does as well.