• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
ChronosCat

NP Wednesday July 31, 2019

http://egscomics.com/egsnp/shs-08

I've been thinking this since this sequence began, but I don't think I've actually said it anywhere: I love Tedd's new glasses.

So, it looks like Tedd wasn't able to stay quite as impartial as recent dialog would have led us to expect. But then, we've always known Tedd found MTF transformations sexy...

What surprises me is how long it has taken Tedd to use his Seer abilities on his friends.

We know this is not simultaneous with the party story, so why has Tedd waited?

Most of Tedds friends have nifty magical abilities that of us fans want "explained" with a dose of techno-babble.

6 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

What surprises me is how long it has taken Tedd to use his Seer abilities on his friends.

We know this is not simultaneous with the party story, so why has Tedd waited?

Most of Tedds friends have nifty magical abilities that of us fans want "explained" with a dose of techno-babble.

I suspect this is related to the fact noone noticed yet that Justin awakened.

Sure, Tedd has lot of things to do, but I would expect he will be more curious about powerful spells like cheerleadra.

And more importantly, if I had a spell and friend who can tell me how it works I would definitely ask. In fact, I might be bothering him with questions soo much it would be rude. ... Ok, that IS partial answer: Elliot might not want to be rude.

Just now, hkmaly said:

Sure, Tedd has lot of things to do, but I would expect he will be more curious about powerful spells like cheerleadra.

And more importantly, if I had a spell and friend who can tell me how it works I would definitely ask. In fact, I might be bothering him with questions soo much it would be rude. ... Ok, that IS partial answer: Elliot might not want to be rude.

Grace, Tedd and Sarah suspect that Justin's awakened, and suspect that Pandora is responsible, but they never got confirmation. I'm also not sure if Tedd could tell that Justin's awakend just by looking at Justin casting a spell, they'd probably need that magic analysis wand to find out.

Though, considering what's happened between Squirrel Prophet and the current story, everyone's been fairly occupied with other things to worry about testing new spells and such. As it stands though, Tedd's looked at Susan's fairy summon spell, Nanase's fairy avatar spell, Ellen's FV5 with clothing resize and Sarah's simulation spell, oh and of course Tedd's own ability and mark spell, and Luke's spell.

5 minutes ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Grace, Tedd and Sarah suspect that Justin's awakened, and suspect that Pandora is responsible, but they never got confirmation. I'm also not sure if Tedd could tell that Justin's awakend just by looking at Justin casting a spell, they'd probably need that magic analysis wand to find out.

They probably do. So what, you think it's not on the shelf next to the lighter? ... ok, that might be too much, but the point is it really wasn't any problem for Edward to get one. If it's the same wand Noriko was using on Tedd, it's actually possible Edward has it at home. If not, he can just grab one next time he goes home from work.

12 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Though, considering what's happened between Squirrel Prophet and the current story, everyone's been fairly occupied with other things to worry about testing new spells and such. As it stands though, Tedd's looked at Susan's fairy summon spell, Nanase's fairy avatar spell, Ellen's FV5 with clothing resize and Sarah's simulation spell, oh and of course Tedd's own ability and mark spell, and Luke's spell.

It's believable they didn't get to it in those two weeks. It's less believable they didn't get to it in next four months or how long before they start wearing summer clothes.

2 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

They probably do. So what, you think it's not on the shelf next to the lighter? ... ok, that might be too much, but the point is it really wasn't any problem for Edward to get one. If it's the same wand Noriko was using on Tedd, it's actually possible Edward has it at home. If not, he can just grab one next time he goes home from work.

It's not really a matter of whether Tedd has access to the wand or not, the only thing that was really stopping Tedd from using the wand was the ingrained fear that the sound of it repeatedly being used on him caused, of course, now that Tedd knows that it was that fear that made him resist the wand, he might be willing to try to use it, but it might be difficult to get over that initial reaction.

14 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

http://egscomics.com/egsnp/shs-08

I've been thinking this since this sequence began, but I don't think I've actually said it anywhere: I love Tedd's new glasses.

We did hear that Tedd needs glasses for actual focal correction now, so these may be the ones that Tedd got for that purpose. The design definitely looks appropriately androgynous, which is great given that Tedd likes to switch back and forth between more feminine and more masculine appearances . . .

Some magical tools might work only for wizards, and it is reasonable that flinching even a little when the wand turns on would mess up the reading. They might need a wizard without an ingrained fear of the wand -- good thing Ashley's on the way.

Just now, ijuin said:

We did hear that Tedd needs glasses for actual focal correction now, so these may be the ones that Tedd got for that purpose. The design definitely looks appropriately androgynous, which is great given that Tedd likes to switch back and forth between more feminine and more masculine appearances . . .

Dan's toying with the idea, he hasn't confirmed it in story yet. The whole bit where Sarah and Grace suggest that Tedd needs glasses had to do with his squinting which could easily have been foreshadowing Tedd's ability to see magic.

Is it possible that Tedd has simply tinkered with the frames on the old glasses?

Even though Tedd no longer feels the need to wear those glasses every day, I seem to recall a comment suggesting Tedd felt more comfortable doing the (Mad) Science stuff with the glasses.  So while the frames might look a little different, they could still be the same glasses.

Although I may be crazy, I'm not necessarily wrong,  And even if I'm right, I'm not necessarily sane.

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Spelling