• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Drasvin

Story: Friday November 4, 2016

1 minute ago, Scotty said:

I totally expect this to be used in the "annoying" thread at some point.

That isn't where I was planing on using it, but that is a good idea.  I was thinking  of a RPG NPC having that voice.

14 hours ago, chridd said:
On 11/04/2016 at 5:01 PM, Drasvin said:

No, the simulation only becomes less accurate when Sarah forces it to do something that violates the (non-magical) laws of physics, with the exception of bodt switching. As long as she sticks to mundane interactions with the simulation, it retains its accuracy.

23 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Body switching doesn't violate laws of physics any more than the fact that the original Sarah is moving in frozen world.

From what I understand, I think a better way of describing this is, rather than violates vs. not violates the laws of physics, the difference is whether she interacts with the virtual world as she would normally interact with the real world without magic (e.g., walking around, picking things up with her hands, etc.), vs. willing things to change.  Body switching would of course be an exception because that's not a way one can normally interact with the world without magic.

Good point. It is even possible that if Sarah WOULD have some (other) magic, she would be able to use it without lowering accuracy. There is specific ability of "willing things to change", which apparently have some threshold to activate, so it doesn't happen on stray though but she needs to concentrate on it. And this ability lowers the accuracy.

Meanwhile, body swap is category by itself, because Sarah is not physically in simulation. She just starts with POV matching her real body and she can change the POV (where she's looking from) to anyone else. And, apparently it has almost no threshold, it happens without any though, hair trigger indeed.

hmm, I wonder if Sarah will use the spell again, this time with Grace and Tedd bracing for it. I'm curious to see what happens.

For Grace, I kinda don't expect her to be able to guard against it, mainly because her energy is different and spells seems to affect her differently (eg, Ellen's beam will transform Grace, but it doesn't enchant her), at the same time though, I wonder if her telekinetic shield can guard her against the spell's ping.

For Tedd, he didn't believe he should be able to resist anything, but with all that's happened that says otherwise, maybe he's got some funky high end resistance that can't be measured by normal means, the magic analysis wand wouldn't detect any potential from Tedd because his potential is just so different that the wand isn't compatible with, just like how the wand gives a false awakened status to Grace, this is a false zero potential for Tedd.

6 hours ago, Scotty said:

hmm, I wonder if Sarah will use the spell again, this time with Grace and Tedd bracing for it.

Probably not. Tedd just SAID what will happen if the "brace" is successful, there is no reason to try it - or, at least no reason to try it on-panel. The fact that me and you are curious about it don't count.

16 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Probably not. Tedd just SAID what will happen if the "brace" is successful, there is no reason to try it - or, at least no reason to try it on-panel. The fact that me and you are curious about it don't count.

Maybe not, but Sarah does need to use the spell frequently, I can't see her not trying it to see what happens.

2 minutes ago, Scotty said:
19 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Maybe not, but Sarah does need to use the spell frequently, I can't see her not trying it to see what happens.

The missing element will be Tedd and Grace checking if they can brace against it. Also, her next spellcast might be already offpanel.

.... well, we will see. Any minute ... :)